Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    As opposed to the Democratic anti-gun scandal, Fast and Furious, NDAA, Crimean crisis, Chuck Hagel's appointment, etc.?
    The echo chamber is strong with this one.

worst leader of the worst congress in our history. go ahead and try and find something, if they come up empty handed can we finally fire them all? cuz 50+ times they have tries to overturn ACA, 6 pervious investigations on this and NO passing of legislation which is their job. what a bunch of fucking clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The difference is those are actual issues.
    The only one that is really a serious issue is immigration, everything else is just a manufactured social issue, worthy of maybe a single thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one that is really a serious issue is immigration, everything else is just a manufactured social issue, worthy of maybe a single thread.
    The disenfranchisement of a minority group and the high rate of gun violence in the US are not 'manufactured' social issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    As a none American, what's the deal with this Benghazi thing that keeps popping up?

4 Americans killed in a foreign country terrorist attack. The amount of coverage seems a little high, it's only ("only") 4 people, there have been way more deaths by lots of sides in various attacks.
    The leaders of America's Republican party have this idea stuck in their heads that they can somehow 'destroy' Hillary and/or Obama (or weaken the Democratic Party in general) by pretending that what happened in Benghazi was some sort of conspiracy, like Iran-Contra or Watergate. (The difference being those actual were illegal conspiracies engaged in by the highest levels of the Executive Branch.) In practice, it's probably going to end up somewhere on a spectrum from the "Birthers" to the Republicans' failed attempt to impeach President Clinton back in the 1990s.

tldr; it's a stupid, clumsy and fundamentally dishonest political ploy, being carried out by a party who's leadership have worked hard to make themselves synonymous with stupid, clumsy, and fundamentally dishonest.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

The disenfranchisement of a minority group and the high rate of gun violence in the US are not 'manufactured' social issues.
    I support gay rights, but it's discussed here and in the media far too often. Nobody seems to care about things the federal government should be dealing with, such as the economy and foreign policy. It's easier to have an opinion on abortion or gay marriage, than it is to research important political issues. As for "high rate of gun violence," it is a media fabrication. Gun violence rates have been declining for decades, and this decline coincides with gun control laws being struck down and weakened. Not only that, but politicians and the media don't actually care about gun violence victims, they only care about disarming the American people. They're more worried about banning cosmetic firearm accessories and firearms that are only used in ~1% of all firearm-related crimes, than they are about actually saving lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see, in this administration we've had:

- Obama isn't a natural born citizen
    - The IRS is targeting conservative groups
    - Benghazi

What else?
    Obama has been accused of being a secret muslim, and I think some Republicans believe that he is a secret clone of Karl Marx. I tend to ignore the really far-right wingnuts, so I don't know if he's supposed to be selling the US out to the UN or building secret bases for black helicopters.

(OTOH, he is supporting to damn TPP agreement which is selling out the public to the corporations, but the Republicans approve of that sort of thing, so we'll hear no complaints from their party on it.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

50 years from now some republican will be screaming Bengahzi even though he/she was not even alive at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blanchy....I'm sorry you have to endure this!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I don't think Republicans know who Karl Marx is.
    Wasn't he the long-lost brother to Chico, Groucho, and Harpo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Blanchy....I'm sorry you have to endure this!
    Anyone who pays attention to US media is going to have to endure this for the next six months until the mid-term elections. (Hopefully after that the Republicans will give it up as a lost cause.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Anyone who pays attention to US media is going to have to endure this for the next six months until the mid-term elections. (Hopefully after that the Republicans will give it up as a lost cause.)
    It will flair up again in 2016 even if Hillary doesn't run.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support gay rights, but it's discussed here and in the media far too often. Nobody seems to care about things the federal government should be dealing with, such as the economy and foreign policy. It's easier to have an opinion on abortion or gay marriage, than it is to research important political issues. As for "high rate of gun violence," it is a media fabrication. Gun violence rates have been declining for decades, and this decline coincides with gun control laws being struck down and weakened. Not only that, but politicians and the media don't actually care about gun violence victims, they only care about disarming the American people. They're more worried about banning cosmetic firearm accessories and firearms that are only used in ~1% of all firearm-related crimes, than they are about actually saving lives.
    1. Wanting to raise the minimum wage isn't an economy thing?

2. Despite those decades of decline, it remains multiples of what it is in any other first-world country.

3. Mostly because any attempt at truly effective measures (i.e. restricting handguns) runs into an unyielding bulwark of Conservatism, so we're left with going for what is possible rather than what we'd like. Additionally, there is no cause so right that one cannot find a fool following it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Republicans know who Karl Marx is.
    Satan in a human suit, obviously.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    What was wrong with the first 6 investigations?
    They werent completed because the White house wouldnt release the documents and emails necessary to conclude the investigations, and the ones they did release were so redacted they may as well have been a blank sheet of paper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we start an investigation that actually matters, like Boehner's alcohol problems?
    I'll give you Boehner, if you give me Reid. I have a personal vendetta against that man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Why aren't we getting a new investigation on Kissinger and Nixon for their war crimes? Much worse things have happened and conservatives don't bat an eye lash, because this is Obama and we have to ruin his term as much as we can.

How about investigating Dick Cheney?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    As a none American, what's the deal with this Benghazi thing that keeps popping up?

4 Americans killed in a foreign country terrorist attack. The amount of coverage seems a little high, it's only ("only") 4 people, there have been way more deaths by lots of sides in various attacks.
    It was an attack that couldve been prevented but wasnt. The staff at the embassy alerted Hillary and the White House administration that an attack was likely and they did nothing to prevent it or protect the ambassador and his staff. They then went on TV the next day and said it was a spontaneous protest to a video some American made and put on Youtube years before making fun of Muslims when they knew it was a terrorist attack. They covered it up. Now a new email showing proof that Susan Rice was told to use the video excuse instead of the truth on the talk shows in the days after. link to story about the email.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...o-white-house/

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is a national disgrace what happened there and the US stood by and took no real action. And worse than that is how long it has taken to bring it all to light. Those who made that decision need to be held responsible. The American people should be demanding action. More so than what has taken place so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is a national disgrace what happened there and the US stood by and took no real action. And worse than that is how long it has taken to bring it all to light. Those who made that decision need to be held responsible. The American people should be demanding action. More so than what has taken place so far.
    Yes, they actually did take real action. They dispatched an extraction team that was unable to reach the consulate in time. This wasn't a unique event.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks...tic_facilities

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.