Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Favorite skin,HUD,courier,ward,etc. in Dota 2

What is your favorite custamizable in dota 2?

For the skin, it has to be the new silencer set that just came out.
    HUD- The dragon one. I am always looking to see if anyone has it in game so I can use it lol.
    Ward-the frozen one. The one based off of ancient apparition(I think)
    courier- Any of the greevils except the naked one

For Skin- The new Legendary Earthshaker set has caught my eye at the moment, it looks great.
    HUD- I honestly don't care about the HUD that much, but I'll usually pick the Portal one if anyone has one.
    Ward- I'd have to relook through them, I only have the basic ones myself
    Courier- Not to toot my own horn or anything... Definitely my unusual Azuremir
    I mean, come on, it has snow all around it! At least in game

10+ Year Old Account
    When I actually think about its actually an easy choice for me.

• For wards my favourite is the Frozen Formation. I know its quite simply but I love anything that is ice/water themed. The animation on it is quite nice as well.
    • HUD wise I love Familiar Woods. I think out of all of the HUD's we have at the moment it to me looks the cleanest. Also the nature look is very natural for a HUD I feel. Also Shagbark is a beast.
    • Courier wise my favourite is easily Shagbark. He's got a lot of character in his animations unlike some other more generic couriers in addition to the concept of Shagbark being slightly different to other couriers. He always looks cheery.
    • For HUD's I'm quite partial to the Eternal Seasons Loading Screen. It looks amazing and Furion is one of my favorite heroes. Granted any loading screen made by Kunkka is fantastic.
    • I'm not really sure which announcer pack I enjoy the most. It's kind of a toss up between Glados and Trine. Glados is quite funny to listen to but the Trine announcer's optimism is actually quite nice for an announcer pack. I suppose it depends on the mood I'm in when playing.
    • Item set wise mine is the Snowdrop set for CM. For starters she is my favourite hero. I guess its quite a simple set but the hood looks quite cute on CM and I really enjoy that. Anuxi is also my favourite workshop artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    When I actually think about its actually an easy choice for me.

• For wards my favourite is the Frozen Formation. I know its quite simply but I love anything that is ice/water themed. The animation on it is quite nice as well.
    • HUD wise I love Familiar Woods. I think out of all of the HUD's we have at the moment it to me looks the cleanest. Also the nature look is very natural for a HUD I feel. Also Shagbark is a beast.
    • Courier wise my favourite is easily Shagbark. He's got a lot of character in his animations unlike some other more generic couriers in addition to the concept of Shagbark being slightly different to other couriers. He always looks cheery.
    • For HUD's I'm quite partial to the Eternal Seasons Loading Screen. It looks amazing and Furion is one of my favorite heroes. Granted any loading screen made by Kunkka is fantastic.
    • I'm not really sure which announcer pack I enjoy the most. It's kind of a toss up between Glados and Trine. Glados is quite funny to listen to but the Trine announcer's optimism is actually quite nice for an announcer pack. I suppose it depends on the mood I'm in when playing.
    • Item set wise mine is the Snowdrop set for CM. For starters she is my favourite hero. I guess its quite a simple set but the hood looks quite cute on CM and I really enjoy that. Anuxi is also my favourite workshop artist.
    The thing that ticks me off is how some heroes have obvious superior looking sets compared to other heroes. Of course this is a subjective opinion but case in point is naga sets compared to CM. All the Cm sets look like they have so much work put into them compared to naga siren. Or spectre set compared to centaur. ALL the spectre sets look the same imo with barely any variation compared to cent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    The thing that ticks me off is how some heroes have obvious superior looking sets compared to other heroes. Of course this is a subjective opinion but case in point is naga sets compared to CM. All the Cm sets look like they have so much work put into them compared to naga siren. Or spectre set compared to centaur. ALL the spectre sets look the same imo with barely any variation compared to cent.
    Yeah I think there are quite a few heroes who kinda receive a lot of average looking sets. I'd probably say Omniknight and Dragon Knight are two heroes that get a lot of very generic and almost dull looking sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ember Spirit's hat and Druid's panda bear

In my opinion all heroes look better with the standard "sets" and no HUD, ward, courier etc are so interesting that I really bothered spending time to think about it. The only custom item I really use is "Arnabus the Fairy Rabbit" but that's only because I got him randomly as a drop pretty early on and and I just thought "what the hell" and equipped it.

Bearzky #1

Never seen it in a game tho
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Bearzky #1

O wow. I have never seen that before. Is that from a special event?

Deleted
    My favourite skin currently is my TB arcana (currently white)

I like the scions HUD (I don't know the full name but its from dream league),

My favourite courier is Butch and I don't really have a favourite ward

Deleted
    stay classy :P

-moonlight
    -water 255 0 0

mini pudge courier

There's a courier I've been trying to find, he rolls a chestnut if I'm not wrong, I don't know its name.

Anyway, that'd be my ''favourite'' courier for now, but I don't really care much about them.
    That's the only one I've seen that I thought looked kinda cool.

My favourite hero skin is really hard to say, there are so many that look great...

For example Silencer's Hidden Talent, I always use it, it looks so good.
    I think his new one (Whispers of the Tribunal or whatever) looks good too.

Abaddon's legendary is very nice...

I have both warlock sets and all of his demons. Torchbearer always makes people impressed on pubs.

I still want to get the one that gives pudge a bear that grows as you win games..

as for huds, I don't have any favourites, I'm using the compendium HUD right now, it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    There's a courier I've been trying to find, he rolls a chestnut if I'm not wrong, I don't know its name.

Anyway, that'd be my ''favourite'' courier for now, but I don't really care much about them.
    That's the only one I've seen that I thought looked kinda cool.
    http://dota-trade.com/janjou-item

They gave him out in the Captain's Draft pro tournament.

Going rate is about 2 keys at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    http://dota-trade.com/janjou-item

They gave him out in the Captain's Draft pro tournament.

Going rate is about 2 keys at the moment.
    oh thank you, I'll just buy it off of the community market if I find one there.

I've made a lot of money off of weapon cases from CS:GO.

announcer. Bastion

hud: furnace or so
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    HUD: Jolly Roger

Item set: probably new DotaCinema Clockwerk set, shit is insane. New Axe immortal item from TI4 is awesome.

Courier: No particular preference, been using the TI4 courier though. Bearzky is awesome, but I don't think he's been released yet... he was supposed to be part of some amateur Canadian tournament ticket package, but I think something happened to screw that up.

Announcer: Defense Grid announcer is awesome. Standard UT/quake mega-kills announcer is still the best; really wish they'd make a UT/quake standard announcer.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

got my dragon scale hud . so awesome
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

skin - The Owlion + accesories set for mirana
    hud - deepest depths
    ward - dont really care
    courrier - the BTS one
    announcer - GLaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Bearzky #1

So they finally added this courier to the game for the CANADA CUP SEASON 3 bundle, but they replaced the hockey stick with a bindle (those stick things that hobos use).

Was a hockey stick somehow racist? Did Canada want to be less associated with hockey and more associated with hobos? He already has a backpack, so why would he even need a bindle? This change single handedly made me not buy this tournament package.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2014-07-26 at 05:55 AM.