Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hunters stealing another one of our perks (Subterfuge)

"Camouflage no longer breaks from dealing or taking damage."

So let's nerf Subterfuge so we can give to Hunters as if they weren't strong enough in PvP as is like Rogues are. /sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    hunters didnt "steal" anything. stealing is taking something away from somebody. you still have your ability, hunters were given something similar of their own.

and its only a 6 sec duration. which not only that, but given the hundreds of other changes you MUST consider, this one change probably isnt that powerful. it sounds neat, but im certain it will get adjusted durning the course of the beta.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-05-02 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Holy shit hunters can shoot you from stealth?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    hunters didnt "steal" anything. stealing is taking something away from somebody. you still have your ability, hunters were given something similar of their own.

and its only a 6 sec duration.
    Not sure by your definition how that's not stealing when Subterfuge no longer hides the Rogue in stealth rather allows them to use their abilities for 3 seconds and Hunters are able to stay in stealth after taking damage and dealing damage, sounds exactly like taking something away from somebody.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta be honest with pvp this is the last thing hunters needed.. Blizz just make no sense sometimes.

Subterfuge is only 3 seconds; Camo is double that of the supposed stealth class.

Not to mention ranged and unable to be hit from anything besides melee. :|
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-05-02 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    I gotta be honest with pvp this is the last thing hunters needed.. Blizz just make no sense sometimes.
    if this single one and only change went live immediately right now... sure its the last thing. but given that it will be a package deal with the quite literally hundreds of other class changes, it probably wont be an issue by 6.0. seeing as how changes are happening constantly, and this is only a test, its most likely gonna change for both hunters AND rogues.

the important question is "what will hunters have to sacrifice to have this ability?"
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-05-02 at 07:06 PM.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    WoW PvP has been utter shit for years, I don't really think that this will make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    "Camouflage no longer breaks from dealing or taking damage."

So let's nerf Subterfuge so we can give to Hunters as if they weren't strong enough in PvP as is like Rogues are. /sarcasm
    All classes are getting lots of changes in WOD. Being strong at something now is no indication of how things will be in WOD.

When considering changes and what is going to be OP or not you 1st need to know exactly how the change you are complaining about will work (which you don't and possibly even blizzard don't yet). You also need to consider all the other changes to all the other classes which you also don't know because WOD isn't ready and changes are being made regularly. You only just heard about this camo change so surely there are more changes coming that we haven't heard of yet.

It also might not go live at all in any form just as the 1 hour hunter misdirect buff thing didn't.

It's basically a ranged-only Bubble + 6s Subterfuge for the hunter and pet rolled into one 60s CD.

That sounds super balanced.

I'm not particularly offended by hunters gaining this ability. However, I did read that and ask myself "WTF, why would you do that?". I wasn't aware that hunters were having a particularly difficult time without stealth combat, and considering that stealth is pretty much the only thing rogues have that make them special, it seems really odd that they would add additional stealth functionality to another class.

Perhaps soon rogues will be able to drop totems that last 60 seconds, dropping to 6 seconds once combat is initiated?
    Maybe rogues will be able to tame pets that can be summoned as companions, which will fight for up to 6 seconds once combat is initiated?

/shrug.

Deleted
    Subterfuge shouldn't have been in the game to begin with, its a terrible mechanic.

If this makes it live I'm going to laugh so hard though, post-WOTLK WoW game design is truly a massive a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubricious View Post
    considering that stealth is pretty much the only thing rogues have that make them special, it seems really odd that they would add additional stealth functionality to another class.
    Druid cats? or does that not count?
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-05-02 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    WoW PvP has been utter shit for years, I don't really think that this will make a difference.
    I was gonna say. People still PvP in this game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

FYI: This is only for Survival hunters.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    FYI: This is only for Survival hunters.
    So what you're saying is all hunters will survival pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters can either A) Be seen from Camo (So you can just pillar hump for them 6 seconds), or B) are slowed 50%, so you just pillar hump and they do nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

In addition, hunter's can only camo once/minute. Rogues can restealth as soon as they leave combat. Also, this perk is Survival-only, Subterfuge is for all rogues (And survival is currently the weakest hunter spec in PvP).

Finally, the main problem with Subterfuge is NOT the stealth alone, but the fact that rogues are stealthed AND have access to additional CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    No, because BM will still be OP in PVP.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    Not sure by your definition how that's not stealing when Subterfuge no longer hides the Rogue in stealth rather allows them to use their abilities for 3 seconds and Hunters are able to stay in stealth after taking damage and dealing damage, sounds exactly like taking something away from somebody.
    Sounds more like a Rogue complaining to me. It's because of PvP that is taking all the fun away from the game. Y'all bitch because a class is killing you, so PvE gets hurt because of it. Stop bitching and learn to play your class.

Now report me for calling you out.

infracted: trolling
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-05-02 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    No, just like the camo glyph no hunters will ever use it. Or at least that's what'll be on the forums until the game goes live.

EDIT: Stealing is an appropriate term here, because rogues are actually losing subterfuge's primary function of allowing the rogue to remain hidden (and therefore very hard to damage or CC) for three seconds, and hunters are gaining it.