Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Old raid loot stealth nerfed

It would seem that almost all pre MoP raids had they trash loot stealth nerfed pretty hard

most likely to combat a big rise in bots with the new 10 instance lock

Still its a pretty big thing and no word from blizzard about it yet

I don't think trash loots from pre-MoP raids are considered "a pretty big thing". They may put a patch note about it later, but there isn't any need for them to mention it ASAP.

Blizzard won't address it publicly.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a thread about it hours ago, the consensus was it is a bot prevention alteration I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they didn't nerf epic drops...I need those freaking boots out of SSC still for my crystalforge xmog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    As long as they didn't nerf epic drops...I need those freaking boots out of SSC still for my crystalforge xmog.
    If it drops from trash then it was probably nerfed if its a BC raid.

Did black temple and got no cloth or epics from trash. I ussualy find maybe about 10-15 epic items (mostly gems) and a few stacks of cloth but this time I got nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ughh... I've been working on soloing FL and DS trash to get 100% LW recipe completion, this is a real wrench thrown into that plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's grand plan to combat the vast minority of bots:

"Let's implement a system that punishes EVERYONE for the actions of an inconsequential few! Simply because we are not clever enough to come up with something more targeted!!! "
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

I don't know if rare drops were changed (read: patterns/stuff). But I do know that the crap (greens/cloth) I was mostly vendoring as it was bag-space junk anyway. Disappointed I didn't hoard cloth to sell at exorbitant prices now, but oh well, it makes no difference to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post

"Let's implement a system that punishes EVERYONE for the actions of an inconsequential few! Simply because we are not clever enough to come up with something more targeted!!! "
    they dont wanna ban them because they want their $$$$ so they did this instead

10+ Year Old Account

Punishes everyone? Because of that huge majority of WoW players who farm old raids? Sure, it sucks for people who were trying to get something for transmog or to complete all recipes, but let's not pretend that's anything more than a very small group of people. Of course that would mean that grand complaints about nothing just to poke fun at Blizzard would be harder to come up with.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh, they're clever enough. But they're also not going to do too much to drive away paying customers because that's what botters are to them. (As the game moves more and more towards microtransactions, I expect they'll turn the screws on the botters more tightly. But for now bots are a net profit.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

15+ Year Old Account

The entire population of non-bots that this change detrimentally affects fits into this thread.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The entire population of non-bots that this change detrimentally affects fits into this thread.
    Translation: Pretty much everyone that doesn't bot plays the game exactly the same way I do, and if they don't they don't matter.

I guess Blizzard doesn't want us to do older content anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if a couple of people in this thread complaining about this change hurting legitimate players, are ones who had their botting routes nerfed.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post

yes it was nerfed, people are throwing a fit on the forums because they do whole runs kill all trash and got 4 epic loot drops from the whole raid instance... so good luck on those boots.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    I guess Blizzard doesn't want us to do older content anymore.
    Yeah, It's not as if 99% of the reason people did old content was for boss drops and achievements or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if a couple of people in this thread complaining about this change hurting legitimate players, are ones who had their botting routes nerfed.
    Alternatively, some of us actually enjoy doing things other than playing endlessly through the max level content, and would like the older content that we enjoy to at least be mildly beneficial. For players that don't bot, such content was already less profitable and less beneficial than max level content (transmogs and other niche acquisitions notwithstanding), but there is a difference between "less profitable" and "nothing of use except transmog and completing collections".

Unfortunately a consequence it seems of their complete inability to deal properly with bots.
    Bots are here to stay as blizzard can't prevent them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.