1. #1

    Low level dungeons - loot or more exp?

    I thought of something last night. It has become so ridiculously easy to level in WoW now, especially with BoAs. And almost everyone has at least one or two, if not a full set. Eventually, from the looks of things, we WILL get full sets of BoA gear. So what's the purpose of gear drops anymore?

    I propose we get an option: Turn off boss drops and gain more EXP (say, 50% or 100% or something, make it worth it) in the dungeon, or leave loot on and run it normally. Most people at this point either don't need it, or get it and immediately replace it within a few levels.

    It could be done like vote kick: majority vote wins. Or even better, it could be an option in the dungeon finder tool: Just check it and off you go. I see people on these forums complaining about having to level all the time, I think this would be a good tool to alleviate that. And since it's optional, the people who still want the loot can still get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I thought of something last night. It has become so ridiculously easy to level in WoW now, especially with BoAs. And almost everyone has at least one or two, if not a full set. Eventually, from the looks of things, we WILL get full sets of BoA gear. So what's the purpose of gear drops anymore?

    I propose we get an option: Turn off boss drops and gain more EXP (say, 50% or 100% or something, make it worth it) in the dungeon, or leave loot on and run it normally. Most people at this point either don't need it, or get it and immediately replace it within a few levels.

    It could be done like vote kick: majority vote wins. Or even better, it could be an option in the dungeon finder tool: Just check it and off you go. I see people on these forums complaining about having to level all the time, I think this would be a good tool to alleviate that. And since it's optional, the people who still want the loot can still get it.
    You mean beyond the obvious isolation any new player would have from this system since they would most readily be out numbered like now?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    You mean beyond the obvious isolation any new player would have from this system since they would most readily be out numbered like now?
    Again, most people (note: not saying all!) want to get to 90 as quickly as possible. Or 100, or whatever. Leveling is already stupid easy in this game. Most of my friends run the dungeons once for the quests and move on, because questing is much, much better exp than running dungeons. On top of that, it really doesn't look like WoW's population is going to grow substantially any time soon. I'd be willing to bet that by this point, most new players are here because of friends. This is all conjecture, of course. But blizzard has already added things to the game that alienate groups of players, why not another one that's actually beneficial to the community as a whole?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  4. #4
    Pit Lord Sinndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,260
    Blizzard would prefer to have all 3 avenues of leveling to be approximately the same: BG's, Dungeons and Questing. now im not a number cruncher so i am not saying they are exactly the same, im simply saying that would be the intent from Blizzard. if they were to do anything it would be to bring those more inline with the other 2 options.

    its a nice fantasy, its fun to dream, but really it isnt what Blizzard is looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    4,254
    remove the fundamental part of the game of grouping up, killing dragons and collecting loot?
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week The Fappening; jennifer lawrence's private images leaked all over the internet?

  6. #6
    I would like to see some hard evidence to support your notion that "Most people" are of the kind who just want to hit max level asap.

    People who have full boa ALREADY have an advantage, % xp, they also have the knowledge to go out and get the elixer for 300% xp.... it already takes max a week (4 days if you're good) to hit 90, why make it even easier.

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,412
    Eh, I would be fine with this only if it was personal. As in you only could choose to not roll on gear and instead get massive XP. I have a feeling it could be a bit broken though. Otherwise its a bad idea and can lead to loads of drama.

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    2,908
    So what's the purpose of gear drops anymore?
    Not everyone has or wants to use looms.

    My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Not everyone has or wants to use looms.

    This...obviously. The OP's idea is ridiculous.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome Televators's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, USA/Copenhagen, DK/Rhodes, GR
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I thought of something last night. It has become so ridiculously easy to level in WoW now, especially with BoAs. And almost everyone has at least one or two, if not a full set. Eventually, from the looks of things, we WILL get full sets of BoA gear. So what's the purpose of gear drops anymore?

    I propose we get an option: Turn off boss drops and gain more EXP (say, 50% or 100% or something, make it worth it) in the dungeon, or leave loot on and run it normally. Most people at this point either don't need it, or get it and immediately replace it within a few levels.

    It could be done like vote kick: majority vote wins. Or even better, it could be an option in the dungeon finder tool: Just check it and off you go. I see people on these forums complaining about having to level all the time, I think this would be a good tool to alleviate that. And since it's optional, the people who still want the loot can still get it.
    How about instead, when you kill a boss, you can choose between a chance at loot or a chunk of extra experience? Say, 1% of your level per boss? This would mimic handing in a couple quests each time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •