View Poll Results: How much money have you spent on WoW?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • <$200

1 1.10%
  • $200-$1000

27 29.67%
  • $1000-$5000

53 58.24%
  • >$5000

10 10.99%
  • I've never bought WoW

0 0%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How much money have you spent on WoW?

The question comes:

How much money have you spent on WoW throughout your play-life?

I'll go first! (though this is an estimate):

I've recently bought collector's editions, and because I didn't get them in the past I had to pay a bit more, so I could get the pet. (I'm a collector of both mounts and pets)

Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty CE: $251.99
    Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm CE: $63.00

Diablo 3 CE: $173.98
    Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls CE: $59.99

World of Warcraft: $49.99
    The Burning Crusade: $39.99
    The Burning Crusade CE: $185.00
    The Wrath of the Lich King: $39.99
    The Wrath of the Lich King CE: $198.00
    Cataclysm: $39.99
    Cataclysm CE: $ 64.99
    Mists of Pandaria CE: $59.99
    Warlords of Draenor CE: $ 69.99
    Total: $1,236.90

I've been subbed for over 9 years now, minus about 7 months where I let my main account expire (then minus 8 months from RaF rewards):

Gametime: 14.99 x (9 x 12) - (14.99 x 15) = $1,394.07

I've had 8 recruit-a-freind accounts I bought, mostly for pet/mounts (got mostly durring deals)

Starter edition upgrades: 4.99 x 8 = $39.92
    1-month per account: 14.99 x 9 = $119.92
    Total: $159.84

I've gotten myself some Blizzcon loot (again I was too late to see I actually really wanted them, so a couple I paid more):

2007 Murloc Costume: $200.00
    2010 Deathy: $80.00
    2013 Murkalot: $40.00
    Total: $320.00

I've bought all the mounts and pets from the shop.. collector

Blizz-store Mounts: $25 x 7 + $30 = $205
    Blizz-store Pets: $10 x 9 = $90
    Total: $295

I bought the two Blizzard stuff animals:

Wind Rider Cub: $24.99
    Gryphon Hatchling: $24.99
    Total: $49.98

And I have spent some money on TCG loot cards, though later I bought other mounts and pets through gold:

Pets, Tabards & things: ~$120

And miscellaneous things including but not limited to: Character Transfers, Name changes, Race changes, Scroll of Resurrection, other promotions from real life, etc.

Misc.: ~$500

I feel like there more somewhere i've spent, I just can't think of it now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Grand Total: ~$4,125.78
    Last edited by Forgon; 2014-06-13 at 09:45 PM.
    -Forgon
    @Shadowmoon

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Dunno.

Subscription since classic + CEs for all the expansion. I bought a couple store pets, too.

I've been to Blizzcon every year but I don't really consider that a WoW expense since it's a realperson convention and pertains to multiple games at that.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

Probably about $1500-$2000 over the last 5 years. That's pretty cheap considering the hours of enjoyment I've gotten (and the friendships I've made).

Roughly 2500 in almost 10 years. 2500/9.5 = $263.16 a year. This comes out to less than $0.73 cents a day. If I viewed WoW as a video game, it would outrageous. Since I view it a bit like a hobby, this is CHEAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Roughly 2500 in almost 10 years. 2500/9.5 = $263.16 a year. This comes out to less than $0.73 cents a day. If I viewed WoW as a video game, it would outrageous. Since I view it a bit like a hobby, this is CHEAP.
    I agree! It's more of a hobby for me!
    -Forgon
    @Shadowmoon

$854.43 for subscription 2005/2006-2007 2010-2013 then add the price of the WoW games, so it's somewhere around 1k. I had fun during the times I played, though, so I don't really mind spending that over such long periods.
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

wayyy too much

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Odd poll. I imagine 1k-5k covers most of the playerbase.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

Been playing on/off since 05... Got all CE's .. few name changes, 2 realm transfers, no tcg or purchases from p2w scam store, but probably still looking at ... alot of money lol.
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

Wonder if we could get 10k plus if we added in buying computers specifically to play WoW? My desktop system was $3000 and I bought an Alienware laptop last year so I could game on the go for another $2000. So that is 5k in computers just to play wow. I could use one of my other 2 computers which were 1k each for everything else I do on a computer, but wow.

I am guessing just on WoW, probably about 5k. I have server/faction transferred at least $1500 over the years. I had something like 7 or 8 RAF accounts to get the mounts, and at one point I was 5 boxing just to see what it was all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    Wonder if we could get 10k plus if we added in buying computers specifically to play WoW? My desktop system was $3000 and I bought an Alienware laptop last year so I could game on the go for another $2000. So that is 5k in computers just to play wow. I could use one of my other 2 computers which were 1k each for everything else I do on a computer, but wow.

I am guessing just on WoW, probably about 5k. I have server/faction transferred at least $1500 over the years. I had something like 7 or 8 RAF accounts to get the mounts, and at one point I was 5 boxing just to see what it was all about.
    I can handle 25m raids with a $600 desktop I bought 4 years ago.. sure I don't get 60 fps @ 4k but it's more than playable. Some people who complain about poor optimization and fps drops on their multiple thousand dollar gaming rigs make me scratch my head.

I've probably spent a few thousand on WoW, 12 months x 8 years = 96 months x 12.99 per month (6 months recurring) = $1248 in just subscriptions, collectors editions for every expansion but BC plus pets, mounts and transfers probably puts me at around 2000.

It averages out at about $250 a year, which, considering how much time I invest into the game, is totally reasonable.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

Did the math a while ago, and it was something around 8.800€.
    Several accounts since Launch, a LOT of char services, all CEs, a lot of Blizzcon/TCG stuff etc.

Subscription on and off since Classic and I've bought the Deluxe Editions. I don't really know how much in total but it hasn't taken a big chunk out of my cash which has been non-existent already so I put $200-$1000.

I started playing in December 2005 and quit in September 2012, came back in March 2013, played until July 2013, then quit again until I picked the game back up about a month ago.

I'm too lazy to do the math right now. For the most part, I just did 3-month recurring payments. I think I did my first 4 months or so with those 60-day game cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Probably over $5000, not going to do the math - but I paid for my partners subscription as well as my own for 7 years, so that's double the money.... didn't buy any CE's or anything fancy other than D3, but did buy each expansion on pre-order for both of us, as well as D3/expansion and SC2/expansions. Also spent a small amount on hearthstone. Once I get access to HoTS I'll spend even more no doubt.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    Too much...

Subscription since 07...

Two dozens different store mounts, pets, and helms...

Plushies

Books

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Probably over $5000, not going to do the math...
    Same.
    Last I checked, I think I was around the (USD)$4100 mark since I made my account 2004. I did an audit of it I think last summer. This value probably hasn't changed too much.

$855 on the subscription alone
    $480 on faction changes
    $300 on server transfers
    $210 on the game and expansions
    $50 on race changes
    $40 on name changes
    $30 on appearance changes

$1965 total and counting

Pretty outrageous, considering that for any other game I have ever played, not once have I ever had to spend more than $100.

I am unsure what the actual number is, I have 3 accounts. Only paying for 1 (2 when I wanna go US) and 3rd is paid by my employer.

And the products in general, so many... so so many...
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

Over $5,000 for sure. I used to be a real crack whore for Race & Faction Changes back in Cataclysm, and I've bought several pets, mounts, every expansion and taken no more then a few weeks off at any one time, and only ever taken a handful of breaks.

Chances are if I totaled it all up I'd cry a little.