Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Beautiful Night - Night in WoW discussion

Night time is too beautiful to be disabled. I know that some people don't like it, but they should set it as an option to disable night time.
    But they should defenetly re-add it into the game.

Simply amazing

love it

Deleted
    Jeez I would love to see a night time like this. I hope Blizzard will make some changes in WoD...

Firelands and shrines on Pandaria looks so epic.
    Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2014-05-02 at 09:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Jeez I would love to see a night time like this. I hope Blizzard will make some changes in WoD...

Firelands and shrines on Pandaria looks so epic.
    For sure! My favorite were Shrine in Pandaria as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why they haven't fixed night yet...no one is opposed to it, and I can't imagine it takes too many resources...?

Not only did I like the video. This really makes me want to have night back. Just look how awesome some zones look at night. If some people are not happy with night, then give them an option to turn it on/off for themselves.. Dont force it on everyone that there has to be day 24/7..

10+ Year Old Account
    That was beautiful..
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

If Blizzard sees this shot at the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsaZ0xM64Ko#t=641 and they still say "Taking night out was a good idea" then I'll eat bricks :|

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    If Blizzard sees this shot at the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsaZ0xM64Ko#t=641 and they still say "Taking night out was a good idea" then I'll eat bricks :|
    I hope you have a strong stomach *winks*

But I agree. It is a beautiful video and the option to toggle on/off a dark night version for the live-servers would be fantastic.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Can someone post the link of this vid on the official US forums please? Maybe they will have a change of heart.

Holy crap, that was amazing. Blizzard must see this.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

The fact that players have to beg for years for such a basic immersion feature in 2014, in an mmorpg no less, is inexcusable.

Firelands though *A* Awesomeee ahhhh...

Why don't we have nighttime anymore? Was it something to do with shadow rendering?

Quote Originally Posted by Computed Lamb View Post
    The fact that players have to beg for years for such a basic immersion feature in 2014, in an mmorpg no less, is inexcusable.
    Completely agree. I've said it before nothing breaks immersion like 24/7 daytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Computed Lamb View Post
    I might be mistaken on this, but not one of the "AAA" considered MMORPGs has a dark night (well, except EVE Online, but that does not count for obvious reasons).
    I do believe that the other premium MMORPGs don't even have a 24-hours night-and-day-cycle.

The only "virtual world" that I can think of with a solid night/day option for a dark night is Second Life (they had it implemented since they started).
    - Kong Fuzi

Deleted
    Ah wow, I'm glad you all enjoyed it! Feel free to link to the video to the official forums if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Shaani View Post
    I might be mistaken on this, but not one of the "AAA" considered MMORPGs has a dark night (well, except EVE Online, but that does not count for obvious reasons).
    I do believe that the other premium MMORPGs don't even have a 24-hours night-and-day-cycle.

The only "virtual world" that I can think of with a solid night/day option for a dark night is Second Life (they had it implemented since they started).
    Everquest and early WoW, the two games that basically launched the entire genre, both had night/day cycles.

Whether other games have it now is really a non-issue. Fact is, I've seen WoW players request this feature repeatedly (usually with overwhelming support from other players) since it was removed. Blizzard not already meeting such an overwhelmingly requested immersion feature is just bad business, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirohibiki View Post
    Why don't we have nighttime anymore? Was it something to do with shadow rendering?
    There was once a blue post about this during the Cataclysm era (when they removed the dark night entirely (except the sky-boxes).
    If I remember it correctly, the reasoning was along the line of people complaining that they couldn't really see things well enough. Another reasoning was that some people who could only play during night-time didn't enjoy it much either.

While those reasons are certainly understandable, I do believe it should be technically possible to implement an on/off option for a darker night.
    Might be worth the work since it would satisfy both camps.
    - Kong Fuzi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaani View Post
    There was once a blue post about this during the Cataclysm era (when they removed the dark night entirely (except the sky-boxes).
    If I remember it correctly, the reasoning was along the line of people complaining that they couldn't really see things well enough. Another reasoning was that some people who could only play during night-time didn't enjoy it much either.

While those reasons are certainly understandable, I do believe it should be technically possible to implement an on/off option for a darker night.
    Might be worth the work since it would satisfy both camps.
    Yeah this is what I've heard as well. But as you said, I see no reason not to have an option to disable it for those who don't like it.

We should all raid some random dev's twitter till they change it ;D