Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard blue posts

Is it my imagination or blue posts by Blizzard these days mostly about closing threads on their forums? I think they're going over board in censoring subscriber opinions. They seem to be especially intent on deleting comments about the new LFR. Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    Is it my imagination or blue posts by Blizzard these days mostly about closing threads on their forums? I think they're going over board in censoring subscriber opinions. They seem to be especially intent on deleting comments about the new LFR. Weird.
    Because people keep making more then one thread for a specific topic. They aren't *censoring* anybody. Did you even bother to think about this or did you assume Blizzard is some evil company that censors things. Fel there's been several flying threads on this forum to and they get locked as well.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They are condensing the amount of threads being created about topics already discussed in other threads. No surprise there.

It does seem like a lot of the closures are because they don't want to ban the people actually posting insults/flaming/trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because people keep making more then one thread for a specific topic. They aren't *censoring* anybody. Did you even bother to think about this or did you assume Blizzard is some evil company that censors things. Fel there's been several flying threads on this forum to and they get locked as well.
    I think this sums it up. When you have 473 different topics on flying, it gets pretty old.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    Dude, they always do that.

Not only that, they are closing threads SUPPORTING no tier in LFR and no flying. So it's not like they're only closing threads that don't go with they say. It's stopping spam is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not weird at all. They have some new moderators there and for the first time in a long time duplicate threads are being closed and threads that get mostly abusive are getting the same treatment. We do the same here for the most part.

Mildly ironic moderation note: Moved out of the Warlords of Draenor forum as this has nothing to do with the expansion [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-05-02 at 10:37 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Of course they are censoring people as is their right to do so on their forums. You are only the person that has made any mention of them acting as an evil company for not allowing their private forums to be used for certain topics, are you sure that the problem does not lay with your assumptions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Of course they are censoring people as is their right to do so on their forums. You are only the person that has made any mention of them acting as an evil company for not allowing their private forums to be used for certain topics, are you sure that the problem does not lay with your assumptions?
    Umm you way waaay misread what I said. I wasn't calling them evil /facepalm
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Of course they are censoring people as is their right to do so on their forums.
    People can still say what they like there in the available open threads as long as they stay within the rules. If that's censorship, your definition is very different from mine.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Blizzard is extremely passive aggressive.

They'd rather do things under the guise of 'code of conduct' than let people hash out certain topics in duplicate threads.

This is more of a problem in generalizing what a "blue post" is. That term is misleading and only refers to the color of the poster's text. What you're seeing are customer support people doing their job. That's not the same as a CM or developer posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Blizzard is extremely passive aggressive.

They'd rather do things under the guise of 'code of conduct' than let people hash out certain topics in duplicate threads.
    As opposed to the playerbase? Right @_@ having so many of the same threads just clogs the forums. AIt's much better to keep one thread.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    People can still say what they like there in the available open threads as long as they stay within the rules. If that's censorship, your definition is very different from mine.
    I did not say that they were not allowing conversation to happen in open threads. To clarify what I said it is their private forums they are entitled to enforce their own rules and censor those that that do follow those rules. You are trying to make my post out to be something it is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Umm you way waaay misread what I said. I wasn't calling them evil /facepalm
    I am fully aware that you did not call them evil, my point was directed at your comment "Did you even bother to think about this or did you assume Blizzard is some evil company that censors things." the OP made no mention of Blizzard being evil but you rudely accused him of either not bothering think or assuming that they were evil. The fact that you feel the need to jump to Blizzard's defence by creating a straw-man argument might suggest that the problem is yours and not the OP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    They are condensing the amount of threads being created about topics already discussed in other threads. No surprise there.
    I don't see any condensing. I see a lot of closing. Why does it matter if people post multiple posts? It shows that people are very interested in a topic. That should be worth knowing.

There are more blue posts than what actually appears in the tracker. If I remember correctly there is a way to flag a response as being tracker worthy and only then is it able to show up in the various different 'blue trackers'. It honestly seems as though they just have a bunch of newer mods who don't quite understand how to unflag their own posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    There are more blue posts than what actually appears in the tracker. If I remember correctly there is a way to flag a response as being tracker worthy and only then is it able to show up in the various different 'blue trackers'. It honestly seems as though they just have a bunch of newer mods who don't quite understand how to unflag their own posts.
    They have this for the posts that they want to highlight on their own forums. As near as I can recall our blue tracker picks most everything up including MVP posts (which can be filtered here). It's only lately that they've taken an actual interest in being vocal about their moderation efforts instead of closing the occasional thread without saying anything. That's my understanding of how it works.

As opposed to the playerbase? Right @_@ having so many of the same threads just clogs the forums. AIt's much better to keep one thread.
    If I start a thread about something that is similar to an existing thread, a blue comes along and closes my thread, even if the old thread has reached it's 500 post limit, I'm contributing new information, or the other thread is in a different region I'm locked from posting in. The majority of the time, people make a new thread because they want to start their own dialogue on a subject, whether it's to get away from the trolling/flaming going on in another similar thread, or it's to avoid necroing an old thread (which is also against the forum rules).

Chances are, if there's two or more similar threads, it would save time and effort just to let them coexist. I wouldn't object to CMs merging threads, but they don't seem to know how to do that. They'd rather just lock the newest one and tell you to post in an older one.

That's pretty passive aggressive if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    If I start a thread about something that is similar to an existing thread, a blue comes along and closes my thread, even if the old thread has reached it's 500 post limit, I'm contributing new information, or the other thread is in a different region I'm locked from posting in. The majority of the time, people make a new thread because they want to start their own dialogue on a subject, whether it's to get away from the trolling/flaming going on in another similar thread, or it's to avoid necroing an old thread (which is also against the forum rules).

Chances are, if there's two or more similar threads, it would save time and effort just to let them coexist. I wouldn't object to CMs merging threads, but they don't seem to know how to do that. They'd rather just lock the newest one and tell you to post in an older one.

That's pretty passive aggressive if you ask me.

That's not passive aggressive at all.

If you are stating literally exactly the same thing, in exactly the same way, about exactly the same subject, there is no reason to post your own thread instead of in the existing thread except for personal attention.

They only lock threads if it is a topic that there is already a sticky on. If they didn't, half the threads on the front page would be about the same subject, it would clutter the forums, and it would make it much harder for the devs to find feedback because they'd have to look through each thread individually rather than just in one.

It is much easier and much less effort to enter a thread and click "lock" instead of reading the whole thing. If you're contributing new info (which you're not, trust me), post it in the official feedback thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    every single one of the blue comments about "we are locking this thread, please use one that is already existing" is there for a reason.. its your cue to use the search feature or hell, scroll thru the hot topics of the day, and find the other existing thread and post there. i have never seen a thread locked for the reason of "another thread already exists" and not been able to find the other thread. dont be lazy and try to accuse forum Mods of being censors.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.