Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Warrior's mastery works with shield block, it makes you crit block more.

I just read this thread cuz I pondered picking up my druid tank which I haven played since tbc, wait why couldnt bears tank kara? I tanked it just fine on all bosses, I was a lot less squishy than our warrior. So back then when there was maintank and offtank, I was always maintank. I dont remember any fights at all where I felt squishy or in anyway the one slowing the raids down. And this was about mid expansion before bt lvl upgrades from heroics, since I started again mid tbc.

He was either trolling or didnt know what he was talking about. Bears were really good in BC, especially on bosses without crushing blows, like brutallus.

Been bear tanking since 2007, and feel stronger now than I did in any previous expansion. The only fight I feel gimped on is Thok and that's only because I have a warrior co-tank whose Shield Barriers make him untouchable. Also because his Shield Slams will hit for like 1.5M non-crits, and make me look at my 800k Mangle crits in shame. But other than those two situations on that specific fight, bears kick ass and don't die.

I do wish Displacer Beast could be used by bears without putting us in cat form, though. It's a super useful and fun talent but losing 100% of rage and vengeance to blink 20 yards seems like an unfair price compared to all the other specs.