Looking to maybe upgrade a couple things in my PC

So I built this PC about 2 and a half years ago, I'm thinking about maybe getting a SSD, any deals going on I should know about? Also, I don't know much about transferring Windows 8 and other stuff to the SSD. I'm assuming I only put a handful of programs on it as well as the operating system. Here is my current build, what would you update on it? The only thing I find to be lacking is loading speeds which is why I'm thinking a SSD would be the only necessary upgrade.

ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3Ghz Unlocked - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

ZOTAC AMP! ZT-60804-10P GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 192-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Vengeance Series 8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit

Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W Bronze W0382RU ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified

Cooler Master HAF 912

2 x Asus VH238H Black 23" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight LCD Monitor w/Speakers

I recently purchased an SSD, it's pretty easy to set up, though it depends on how you do it.

If you have enough space on it, you could transfer your HDD to SSD, though, in my opinion, it's easier to just fresh install, and use your HDD for storage.

A friend of mine bought this one http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extrem.../dp/B00COF7E3K and it seems to be doing well for him, it's also apparently still the cheapest one of that brand out there at 240GB. But I'm sure someone more experienced may be able to suggest better for price/performance/space.

I'm pretty new to SSDs, though, I've only owned one since about 1 month or so ago, after doing a bunch of research on which would fit my needs best, which was the Samsung 840 pro, and it's been working amazingly well so far.

As for set up, it's not that hard, you can fresh install windows on the SSD along with drivers and all of that, then just plug in your HDD and recreate the desktop with shortcuts if you want. Or you could just transfer from HDD to SSD, providing you've got the space, but I think it's better to just fresh install. Either way, just make sure you fresh install or clone it, if your SSD messes up for any reason, you've still got your HDD as a backup till you get a new one.

Anything to do with Windows 8, I have no clue, I've never tried it and don't plan to, as I haven't heard or seen anything better about it.

Nice, that's a really good price on that one. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    The common 'go to' for SSD's is the Samsung 840 EVO line (in 120gb, 240gb, and 500+ models). It's not the cheapest, but it's pretty far down there, compared to other stuff. It also has some of the highest performance and quality ratings, as well. I really don't recommend anything else these days (Though a lot of good people on here recommend Crucial m500 SSD's)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Corsair and intel got migration software when you buy their ssd's and samsung too afaik. What it means is that they provide a software that will move your windows from your current hdd/ssd to your new one skipping the fresh install.