Poll: would you date your friends ex?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Guy who i played league of legends once a two years ago and talked for 15 minutes is not my friend right?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    as title states above what are your feelings on dating a friends ex? would you do it? do you feel it is wrong? and why?
    me personally i dont see what the big deal is as long as you give a reasonable amount of time for the dust to settle.(3-4 months at least.)
    A friends ex and i have been flirting for years, but never had sex, simply because she's a friends ex.
    Isn't any deep feelings between us anyway. If it was more than that, i would talk with the friend about it.
    I don't think one should reject a good chance of a nice bf/gf, but shouldn't be doing it just "to date". Should be because they already know each other very well and know it might be a good match. Also should be well enough thought through to talk with the friend first.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

UGGH who could sleep with someone that your friends has been dipping his wick in, its just yuck.

Deleted
    Talking from personal experience: it's not a good idea! Don't do it unless you're ready to sacrifice your friendship. If you decide to talk to your friend about it first, be absolute certain that he is 110% okay with it.
    Last edited by mmoc9cc4b35e15; 2014-05-04 at 02:18 AM.

I'm had the same best friends since we were 12-13, and I think one of the main factor I believe is because we never dated or messed around with each other's ex's out of mutual respect. It's a silent line noone will cross out.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2014-05-03 at 07:29 AM.

Deleted
    depends what is the purpose of dating.
    if just for banging then who cares that she is your friend's ex.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible idea.

1. You're better then sloppy seconds.
    2. It is prone to cause drama.
    3. Bro-code.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therealmagoo View Post
    UGGH who could sleep with someone that your friends has been dipping his wick in, its just yuck.
    How is it "yuck"?

Deleted
    Wish people would get it into their thick skulls.
    There is no such thing as the "Bro Code" it's something that they say because they are too damn afraid to nut up and date / get involved with a friends ex partner. Well Listen up, you can bloody well be assured that if your ex, and your friend have genuine feelings for each other, then the mythical "Bro Code" not only gets forgotten, it gets thrown right out the window and forgotten about.

Would I date an Ex's Partner? Yes I have done in the past, and you know what trouble it caused ? Absolutely none, Because we were mature enough to know that it was no one else business who was dating who.

I've never understood why this is an issue. If you have two single folks who want to date, what's the problem? That your friend will get jealous or something? Seems incredibly childish to me.
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Knowing my friends did anything with them immediately turns me off to them entirely. No ifs ands or buts.
    Yes this, but I wouldn't mind if one of my friends dated my ex, if they want to be happy together, then who am I to judge? Ofcoarse after a certain time has passed, immediatly after would be kind of a dickish move...

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    How is it "yuck"?
    Yes its ok for best friends to watch each other wack of in a hot tub! Why wouldn't it be ok to swap sexual partners?

....Did I just said that out loud?....

Deleted
    I think it's fine if you talk to your friend first and he's ok with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    On principle it's not okay. Like seriously, there is plenty of fish in the pond, why exactly that chick/guy? Emotions are an iffy thing, and stuff like this can rip open old scars. On the other hand again, emotions are an iffy thing and sometimes it's just beyond peoples control who they fall for. So avoid it if possible, and if not...well try to be understanding and cautious.
    This is my experience. My very good friend dated a girl and it was very serious. Until she broke up with him. I met her one day, we talked about things and confirmed that we both thought about a relationship (with each other). We couldn't do it. She was my bro's ex and myself being in a serious relationship, but yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd first make sure it was okay with them, if they say yes then there's really nothing stopping you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    How is it "yuck"?
    everyone knows once you have sex with someone you leave behind a residue that stays there forever and ever!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on a lot of things. I was with this girl one night and my mate was laughing at me hysterically and wouldn't tell me why, I then went home with this girl. Turns out it was his housemate and a girlfriend he broke up with just over a year ago, and she'd had like another boyfriend since and whatever else. I felt awful, I thought it'd really break things between me and him but it's become like a running joke now between all our friends.

It's situation dependent, I can't see other friends reacting like he did. He even saves me sometimes when someone laughs at me for it, saying stuff like "now you and me need to have sex then we've gone full circle" and if he's a dick I'll threaten to fuck his ex again. Very unique situation, don't chance it! It's the bro code don't break it, because he probably won't do it to you but if he did it might get to you.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Ex is ex. I don't see problem with it though if they would get together right after break up it would seem rather fishy, but after some time, go ahead.

Deleted
    i was together with my best freinds ex..

no problems at all, but i noticed after 2 year's why he stopped being together with her..

she was pretty much a bitch that was cheating/etc, and yes, my freind said that to me, and stupid me, i dident believe him..

Deleted
    Would only do it after talking to my friend about it and depending on what s/he says, I'll make a decision.

IMO it would require the following criteria
    1) The break up would of had to be mutual agreement
    2) The friend would have to be ok with it
    3) has to have been a good amount of time between break up and now

Depends.

The bigger issue is this: You have a stable, happy friendship with one person, what indication do you have that something that didn't work for them will work for you?