Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Returning to hunter again..few questions ^^

Hello all,

I haven't been playing my hunter for a while, last time I did 8/14HC and I rerolled to my monk, because we had no tank.

ARMORY

I noticed there are a lot of changes..last time I checked survival with reforges to crit was probably the best spec to go with, now I see a lot of hunters running BM with reforges to haste, and many of top geared players don't even have survivals pec, they go with MM+BM.

I checked some guides but they are mostly out of date.

Anyone can please update me, what should I gem/reforge/play spec now in a nutshell? Thank you! ^^

BM is slightly ahead of SV, but both are 100% viable. SV Crit>haste>mastery, BM (565+) Haste>mastery>crit
    Retired hunter

15+ Year Old Account
    OP just because others don't use something doesn't mean it isn't good. Go with what you are used to because that way you play much better. Especially with an expansion around the corner so you don't learn one playstyle only to have to learn another right after.

So whatever spec you want to play is the one you should play.

Gem is the same as always, it won't change until expansion.

Reforge depends on spec like Nnug says, not sure about MM though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have some nice BM gear actually. If you like survival then stick with crit>haste>mastery. Both specs are viable and fine. BM will give you more consistant numbers though. Marksman is crap, top hunters are just messing with it out of boredom. If you are going to switch specs a lot the stick with reforging crit<haste>mastery. If you want to go full BM it's haste>mastery >crit.

Survival - crit>haste>mastery
    BM - haste>mastery>crit
    MM - crit>haste>mastery
    Switch specs a lot - crit>haste>mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    OP just because others don't use something doesn't mean it isn't good. Go with what you are used to because that way you play much better. Especially with an expansion around the corner so you don't learn one playstyle only to have to learn another right after.

So whatever spec you want to play is the one you should play.

Gem is the same as always, it won't change until expansion.

Reforge depends on spec like Nnug says, not sure about MM though.
    Yeah, Powershot is amazing, same with Lynx Rush, people are scrubs for not using those. >_> The sarcasm is strong, and while you weren't talking talents, the point remains.

In the case of BM/SV, though, I generally recommend BM at most gear levels, because it doesn't need amazing gear to be as good as SV for single-target, and much better for cleave/AoE.

Nnug's stat priorities are spot on (and his transmog looks amazing, should listen to him). BM is a bit more demanding to play, especially in cleave/AoE because you still wanna weave in single-target abilities like Kill Command even with a LOT of mobs up.

Ultimately, though, on the reforge subject, you can be BM with Crit > Haste > Mastery and not be crippled as bad as if you were Haste > Mastery > Crit and went SV with that. C>H>M is just fine if you switch spec per fight. BM is stronger for most of them, SV a bit above in a few specific outliers (Thok, though that mostly really depends on tac + a lot of BM players are not doing this fight very well, arguably Paragons but again, doing high damage with BM is much more difficult here, and definitely Immerseus, but who cares about that awful boss. )

Gimme your bow! i so want it. i cant manage to get one normal WF version yet :/ 10m teams suffers so great in WF drops.

Deleted
    Thank you guys so much!

I have one more question though. I have 580 hc warforged Haromm's talisman, but I heard Ebon Detonator from Blackfuse is doing better. Sadly I can't get my hand on hc version, should I use normal Detonator instead of Harrom's, despite the ilvl difference?

if you're playing survival your bis trinkets are aoc and haromm's, if you go bm ted becomes better than haromm's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by weedburst View Post
    if you're playing survival your bis trinkets are aoc and haromm's, if you go bm ted becomes better than haromm's.
    This is incorrect in your situation Netheria. As a general rule for BM, use the trinket that is higher ilvl out of haromms and ted. So 110% use the Haromms talisman HCWF even if playing BM. In fact, HC TED probably won't even beat it for BM until you get the HCWF version.
    Last edited by mmoce7fe1d879b; 2014-05-04 at 08:20 AM.

Deleted
    Thank you very much! ^^ I'm really excited about trying BM once again (last played it during MSV/HoF/ToES).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netheria View Post
    Thank you very much! ^^ I'm really excited about trying BM once again (last played it during MSV/HoF/ToES).
    Your welcome I take all the credit, f u alth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Your welcome I take all the credit, f u alth
    Cheeky sod

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    This is incorrect in your situation Netheria. As a general rule for BM, use the trinket that is higher ilvl out of haromms and ted. So 110% use the Haromms talisman HCWF even if playing BM. In fact, HC TED probably won't even beat it for BM until you get the HCWF version.
    Also Haromm's Talisman doesn't lose to TED simply because of the stats, it loses because pet's can't proc the Multi-strike effect therefore you lose around 60% of the value right away.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/80crr1oa4x...ResultsBM.html

HC TED still wins over HCWF Haromm - difference even bigger when you optimize your opener with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/80crr1oa4x...ResultsBM.html

HC TED still wins over HCWF Haromm - difference even bigger when you optimize your opener with it.
    Swear I heard a while ago that TED/Haromms are within 300 dps of ea other or so at the same ilvl. Well still, OP should be sticking with the Haromms for now

Swear I heard a while ago that TED/Haromms are within 300 dps of ea other or so at the same ilvl. Well still, OP should be sticking with the Haromms for now
    Ye, that was the case with FemaleDwarf and the older version of SimCraft, and yup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheeky sod
    Wtf does this mean I don't speak euro

Wtf does this mean I don't speak euro
    Means "smartass", basically.

source: am a cheeky sod

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Means "smartass", basically.

source: am a cheeky sod
    That is rude.

That is rude.
    Brits are notoriously rude, shouldn't trust em, stick to Danes.