Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    nobody is going to quit. please link your armory and we will prove it.
    I will be gone. Not so much about the flying. WoW is just old and no longer fun. Almost all the people I enjoyed playing with have moved on. Makes me sad to log in and play. After almost 10 yrs it can and does feel like you lost some good friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    well lets see how many will re up the account ^^

I'm liking the group quests! Looks like a good start!

they added Blackthorne® as well for free

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Um... no. If you have 583 stuff, you will be able to use it far into the expansion, maybe to the 3rd and 4th zone. Quest gear is never based around the previous expansions heroic raiding, instead it is based around the ilvl of players who just dinged 90 in the last expansion.
    good point but thats still a very large gap. looking at the last raid tiers of previous xpacs and the quest rewards of the following one, there isnt a 70 ilvl difference. i guess its from the inflation of ilvls this xpac. for example Tier 10 heroic was 277 and mount hyjal quest greens were 272 and blues were 288. Tier 13 heroic was 410 and jade forest quest greens were 372/384 and blues were 404. idk i just think the gap is a little too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

10+ Year Old Account
    So what I'm hearing from Blizzard is:
    • You're only guaranteed one, which is covered by the bad RNG protection.
    • If you get more, consider yourself oh so very special!
    • It was never really intended to get all the heirlooms. (This, despite the history behind heirloom items.)
    • Altoholics are SOL'd unless you can convince others to bring and/or carry your alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Why are we seeing Blue tweets from a month ago in today's news?
    Not everyone follows Twitter. Besides, I know I prefer MMO-C's method to Wowhead's.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2014-05-04 at 02:37 AM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    good point but thats still a very large gap. looking at the last raid tiers of previous xpacs and the quest rewards of the following one, there isnt a 70 ilvl difference. i guess its from the inflation of ilvls this xpac. for example Tier 10 heroic was 277 and mount hyjal quest greens were 272 and blues were 288. Tier 13 heroic was 410 and jade forest quest greens were 372/384 and blues were 404. idk i just think the gap is a little too much.
    It is just a difficult decision. The devs definitely have to make the first zone in a new expansion to where someone is able to complete it who has JUST leveled to 90 in the previous expansion. In other words,a player is going to ding 90 in Dread Waste... questing in WoD needs to be set up where that player, with that ilvl can move to WoD zones right away with their ilvl of 430ish. The devs have been smart about it in the past, for instance in Cata and Mop you got your weapon very VERY early in the new zones. In MoP, horde got their weapon before they even had to kill a single mob. this helps tremendously for those players since weapons have the highest stats.

But at the same time, the devs probably don´t want the average player to quest through the entire first zone and not get any upgrades at all. While raiders and certainly hardcore raiders probably feel like they should get an advantage of slightly outgearing those first zones, someone who just putzed around in MoP probably doesn´t want to vendor every quest reward in the first zone... which is why I think they are going with 510. Players who used burdens on some pieces, or maybe got some pieces from LFR will be able to keep those pieces into the second zone of the expansion, but they will be replacing their base timeless island gear (496) on day 1 of WoD.

It is hard to just go by the history since every expansion has had different circumstances.. BC, WoTLK and Cata seemed like a small gap between raid gear of the previous and starting gear of the first zone because there was no LFR and so the players who weren´t raiding had much lower ilvls than raiders... and with this expansion it is opposite because of timeless island. You can not raid at all, and still have an ilvl that is 70 above what you had when you dinged 90.

510 feels about right. Players who actually played MoP through all the patches will outgear the first zone and feel some benefit of the gear they earned last expansion, but new players won´t be crushed by mobs that outgear them too much

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    no u still have no chance of it since they didnt nerf anything significant with which raid coulnt deal before on 530 itlv -_-

pretty usless nerf to usless difficulty wont change anything since u wtill need good players to carry u through it and good players just seemed to abandon flex alltogehter months ago.

if anything this 2.5->3.5 sec change should have made its way to normal encounter -_-
    The change isn't insignificant; the fact is Garrosh is made or broken on the Empowered MC and how people handle them. He's stupid easy if people don't tunnel Garrosh while it happens, but when you're asking people who aren't the best raiders to do the same it's like herding cats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebs View Post
    For those in the EU. if you would ike to download the classic games ( highly recommended for the lost vikings ) change your region in the download screen to North America, download then change it back.
    No need for doing that (and it didn't work for me). Just use this link:
    us.battle.net/account/download/?show=classic
    and you can download all 3 classic games (Blackthorne, Rock'n'Roll Racing and The Lost Vikings).
    Installed all 3 on Win7 64Bit and they all work without installing extra software. If they don't start in full screen for you just hit Alt+Enter.
    Last edited by mmocd8e7ce4a2b; 2014-05-04 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    So what I'm hearing from Blizzard is:
    • You're only guaranteed one, which is covered by the bad RNG protection.
    • If you get more, consider yourself oh so very special!
    • It was never really intended to get all the heirlooms. (This, despite the history behind heirloom items.)
    • Altoholics are SOL'd unless you can convince others to bring and/or carry your alt.
    This was always the case. Getting more then one Heirloom was always a bonus. This isn't a revelation that most people won't get every single Heirloom. And you'll survive if you don't.

Deleted
    This Gladiator thing is going to be so much fun... If it is really on par with Arms and Fury, I can see whole guilds forcing their Warriors to go Prot with Gladiator as offspec.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    This was always the case. Getting more then one Heirloom was always a bonus. This isn't a revelation that most people won't get every single Heirloom. And you'll survive if you don't.
    You can still go back and buy the heirlooms you don't have. As far as I'm aware, this is the first time the heirlooms have been random drops from a boss instead of vendor items.

Deleted
    Giving people full heirloom sets or even multiple parts would affect negatively to world pvp during initial leveling process, so it's a no go.

Deleted
    Wait, wait wait. Worgen questline? With Tess Greymane? Sweeeet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does US always get shit first with Blizzard.... why cant both EU and US have same release schedules for everything,time zones my aunt fanny! FAVOURITISM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    They don't really exist? The concern from that crowd has been about future improvements to the leveling experience overall from 1 to whatever the max level is, not about better quest design in a future expansion.
    If you really thought Blizzard was ever going to re-do the entire questing process after Cataclysm I guess I was right about you guys after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

The MC changes to Flex Garrosh are nice, but...that's really not going to change a thing. The real issues are:

-Empowered adds having a crapton of health and being difficult to deal with for a Flex group at 540 ilvl
    -Almost every group has to ignore weapons to be able to push Garrosh to P3 before 3rd transition

So basically the health of everything needs a good 10% nerf to make Flex groups more successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Accelerator View Post
    "Please, please, please, don't simplify Enh to Ele levels. I play Enh because I like the complex rotation."
    "We're not. The complexity difference between Ele/Enh is intended. Merging damage sources won't reduce gameplay."

Wuh? Do Enhance shamans actually believe they have a complex rotation? I mean I don't play my shaman that much but I'm almost certain that Ele is harder than enhance...
    Ele priority:
    1. Keep Flame Shock up on the target. Refresh when there are 3 seconds or less left.
    2. Cast Lava Burst on cooldown and proc.
    3. Cast Earth Shock when you have 6 or 7 charges of Lightning Shield.
    4. Keep Searing Totem up.
    5. Cast Lightning Bolt as a filler.
    6. If you chose Elemental Blast as your Tier 6 talent, then using it on cooldown becomes your priority number 3, after keeping Flame Shock up and using Lava Burst. You do want to delay it at certain points, for example to have it ready right when you enter Ascendance (this will increase burst damage).

Enh priority:
    1. Summon and refresh Searing Totem try to refresh with less than 3 seconds remaining on Searing Flames (the stacking buff that the totem gives you).
    2. Cast Lightning Bolt if you have 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon Icon Maelstrom Weapon (4 with the Tier 15 2-piece bonus).
    3. Cast Stormstrike.
    4. Apply/refresh Flame Shock if:
    5. it is not applied on your target and Unleash Flame is up (buff granted by using Unleash Elements );
    6. it is applied on your target and Unleash Flame Icon Unleash Flame is up;
    7. it is not applied on your target, but Unleash Flame is not up and Unleash Elements will not come off cooldown in the next 5 seconds.
    8. Cast Lava Lash.
    9. Cast Unleash Elements.
    10. Cast Earth Shock.
    11. Cast Lightning Boltwith 1 or more stacks of Maelstrom Weapon, as a filler (or when you are moving and cannot reach the boss)
    12. If you chose Unleashed Fury as your Tier 6 talent, then using Unleash Elements on cooldown becomes your highest priority.
    13. If you chose Elemental Blast as your Tier 6 talent, then using it on cooldown becomes your highest priority.
    14. If Flame Shock Icon Flame Shock drops and there are a few seconds left on the cooldown of Unleash Elements, refresh Flame Shock without the Unleash Flame buff.

Make sense?

I play both specs quite frequently, and to eke out the most damage per spec, I'm constantly watching more cooldowns and procs on Enh than I am on Ele.
    Last edited by cryolithic; 2014-05-06 at 06:55 PM.