Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I like how the tweet on the front page acknowledged it was unintended but they didn't feel it warranted changing. Curse you Blizzard putting hunters in bitch duty situations on the best fight in the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I like how the tweet on the front page acknowledged it was unintended but they didn't feel it warranted changing. Curse you Blizzard putting hunters in bitch duty situations on the best fight in the tier.
    Better than being benched for being useless? >< I guess regardless with our mobility we had a good upperhand on that fight in regards of how clustery and crazy it is

Trialing at BL I see?

Yeah, I think we would have been the perfect class on the platform, with our mobility and probably the most effective ranged slow short of shamans who apparently don't know how to project earthbind.

Trialing at BL I see?

Yeah, I think we would have been the perfect class on the platform, with our mobility and probably the most effective ranged slow short of shamans who apparently don't know how to project earthbind.
    Yes, I am.
    Yeah or engineers who forgot to switch their belts... Honestly without belt duty every wave, even if you did ignore crawler mines up there, we'd still be pretty solid on the ground!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    That's not the thing we're talking about. If you disengage off of a belt you pipe onto, and you wanna disengage from the pipe next, you have to dismiss your pet before you do it else it'll get stuck in 90% of cases.
    i did the heroic fight as SV because of this. recently (well somewhen in february) i found a strat to avoid this problem for BMs on flex mode, where it worked like charm, but i think that i never tried the method on heroic. i see no reason that it shouldn't work.

1. disengage off the finished belt (you entered it in the regular way)
    2. once the pet has appeared, set it on assist mode
    3. get on the belt with your favourite disengage method (personally i prefer the pipe version)
    4. once on the belt, set your pet on passive. it will teleport next to you
    5. attack your weapon as usual. set your pet to assist again at this point so you can forget about it until the next cycle.

another method would be to choose a tank position far away enough that the pet despawns every time you get on the belt. had this happen a few times on flex, but again, i'm not sure if this works on heroic.
    Last edited by mmoc96e249ad29; 2014-05-12 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ril-gania View Post
    i did the heroic fight as SV because of this. recently (well somewhen in february) i found a strat to avoid this problem for BMs on flex mode, where it worked like charm, but i think that i never tried the method on heroic. i see no reason that it shouldn't work.

1. disengage off your platform
    2. once the pet has appeared, set it on assist mode
    3. get on the belt with your favourite disengage method (personally i prefer the pipe version)
    4. once on the belt, set your pet on passive. it will teleport next to you
    5. attack your weapon as usual. set your pet to assist again at this point so you can forget about it until the next cycle.

another method would be to choose a tank position far away enough that the pet despawns every time you get on the belt. had this happen a few times on flex, but again, i'm not sure if this works on heroic.
    Even if this works, it sounds way less desirable/more difficult than just dismissing your pet, and judging by your finishing statement I guess this assumes you are not doing the belt 24/7, but rather going from the boss to the belt every time which would give you indefinite time to dismiss your pet and get to the belt?

Deleted
    With method #4, if it shoots you out the top of the pipe, the electro magnet can pull you back to the main platform. That's why you want to disengage off the first pipe, jump in the second, then alternate as normal, so you never try #4 while a magnet is up.
    Ahh I see, thanks for clarifying that.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Over the course of working on this fight, I tried the send pet at Siege and then put on passive and actually dismissing. I don't know if it was due to our strat, but the pet didn't always disappear when I sent it on the boss. I found the only 100% guarantee to make sure my pet followed me up was to dismiss it.

Piece of advice: Use Spirit Bond on the belts if you are up 100% of the time. It actually heals a decent amount of the time, especially the fall damage you take every time you disengage on. Also, if you're dismissing your pet between belts and time is not on your side and a lot of shit is coming around (missles, lasers, etc) deterrence and dismiss. It's better to waste one then to get up on belt late and screw the fight up.

Deleted
    Even if this works, it sounds way less desirable/more difficult than just dismissing your pet, and judging by your finishing statement I guess this assumes you are not doing the belt 24/7, but rather going from the boss to the belt every time which would give you indefinite time to dismiss your pet and get to the belt?
    no i do all belts, i don't know why you would assume this based on my statement? the pet comes onto the belt whenever the hunter goes up there in he regular way. if the boss is tanked at the other end of the belt it is far away for the pet to despawn. anyway this was only on flex. on heroic we tanked the boss on the edge of the platform in the middle of the belt so we had maximum uptime on him. dismiss pet has a long cast time (not something i'm a fan of in this very dynamic fight) and the issue with the long spawn time of the pet after coming back from the belt would make things quite close. i don't know how hard the belt is now but back then it was very close some times, losing > 5 seconds due to spawn time + dismiss. also, cast time means less dps on the boss, it's little but still. i don't see how switching stances, which are on no cooldown or in any way complicated, is difficult?

edit: i just saw i made a mistake (confounded belt/platform) in the previous post. edited for clarity.
    Last edited by mmoc96e249ad29; 2014-05-12 at 07:10 PM.

Your pet is only slow to spawn if you wait for the game to do it for you. Disengage off, summon pet mid air, move on.

Deleted
    A lot of these methods seems highly gimmicky considering how little effort it is to just alternate between going into the pipe and disengaging onto the belt, then disengaging back off once X-weapon is dead, summoning the pet just as you land, dismissing it, and going back up.

If you find yourself stuck inside of a pipe, it's probably because two people tried entering the pipe at the exact same time. From our testing of it, when we staggered the entry, no one ever got stuck in the pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    If you find yourself stuck inside of a pipe, it's probably because two people tried entering the pipe at the exact same time. From our testing of it, when we staggered the entry, no one ever got stuck in the pipe.
    Yeah, I noticed that when we had 2 hunters and 2 monks doing belts full time. The other hunter would normally go in first and I would follow while we would both be disengaging out of the pipe. I gave up and just disengaged off the pipe when I had the debuff. Afterwards, I did the staggered method because I got lazy after 100+ attempts of wipes before our first kill.

I don't see the desire on wanting to risk something that might not work 100% of the time as well. It's really simple to just dismiss pet, or depending on your strat; sending your pet towards the boss and disengaging up (distance causes it to just disappear and you just have to get a tad close to the boss). Its simple and imo the faster you can send your pet away and get up there = the faster the weapon dies and the cycle can repeat itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    I've managed to get my pet up there without fail by just setting my pet on assist and ordering it to attack the boss, then when I'm on the belt, put it on passive and it'll teleport next to you.
    Never need to waste time dismissing if you just summon a different pet after you disengage off the belt and do it in the time before your old pet spawns again
    Retired hunter

Deleted
    #2 + sending the pet to the boss every time you are on the platform is the easier and safer way to do it, if the boss is still challenging to your guild and you can't simply roll over things. #3 is the worst possible method, it depends on many factors such as addon accuracy, latency, speed on killing the weapons... 4 is ok if you can master it (I can jump into the belt 999 out of 1000 times, but I can barely get into the belt by method 4 50% of the time) and if you have some extra healing. We used to have healing only from our WW monk (in 25) due to lack of healers so we needed to time it perfectly, and using any method but #2 was completely impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    #2 + sending the pet to the boss every time you are on the platform is the easier and safer way to do it, if the boss is still challenging to your guild and you can't simply roll over things. #3 is the worst possible method, it depends on many factors such as addon accuracy, latency, speed on killing the weapons... 4 is ok if you can master it (I can jump into the belt 999 out of 1000 times, but I can barely get into the belt by method 4 50% of the time) and if you have some extra healing. We used to have healing only from our WW monk (in 25) due to lack of healers so we needed to time it perfectly, and using any method but #2 was completely impossible.
    There are ways to make sure you have no problems with healing, one is having a resto druid just put a healing circle down at the pipe, the other is speccing Spirit Bond and just getting as many spirit beasts as possible, each of them have their own individual Spirit Mend cooldown to use, meaning a 200k heal very often, everytime your pet despawns.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by Salidir View Post
    Quick question, regarding 10 man heroic.
    I've been reading claims that some hunters have been able to solo belts 1 2 and 4 reliably. But for the life of me I can't seem to be able to do it every single time. If I had to guess I could probably only solo the second belt maybe 1/3 of the time. Am I missing something? pet dash is not on auto-cast and I hit it every time I start attacking the weapon. I save every cool down I have minus second pot and lust, since I use those for the first belt but it never seems to be enough. oh and I'm ilevel 576 so I don't think that's a huge issue.

Any insight would be appreciated.
    You can solo the first because both of your trinkets should proc, save everything else for second. I would use Haromm's Talisman if you are soloing the belt multiple times as its proc is more consistent than TED and TED tends to proc off of anything ie (Pet Summon) so it can be wasted.

On the second belt you use everything you have... Stampede, Bestial Wrath, Rapid Fire, Potion, Berserking/Blood Fury, Synapse Springs etc and if your RPPM trinket procs GG. Make sure you send your pet to the target straight away, you can activate Bestial Wrath/Kill Command before you can attack it your self. I use GT, Thrill with BS as my talents as I find once BW finishes you still have max focus to dump left.

On the 4th/7th belts your 2min trinket will come up and you save other cd's for those as well. Your second Stampede should be also up for the 7th. Also make sure you are using a Ravager for the 4% physical damage debuff. If you really need a bit more damage you can have 3 ravagers and summon a new one for every belt so you get Rabid on each.
    Last edited by rustyboy; 2014-05-13 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    There are ways to make sure you have no problems with healing, one is having a resto druid just put a healing circle down at the pipe, the other is speccing Spirit Bond and just getting as many spirit beasts as possible, each of them have their own individual Spirit Mend cooldown to use, meaning a 200k heal very often, everytime your pet despawns.
    when doing the boss with 4 heals you can't really afford to have one of them looking after the belt group. Also for my first few kills on this I was SV, simply to avoid any pet clunkiness. Exhilaration + healthstones + liberation glyph is however enough to do the boss with absolutely no external healing

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    when doing the boss with 4 heals you can't really afford to have one of them looking after the belt group. Also for my first few kills on this I was SV, simply to avoid any pet clunkiness. Exhilaration + healthstones + liberation glyph is however enough to do the boss with absolutely no external healing
    We have always used 4 healers, and we just put 1 druid healing circle there, nothing else. I'm almost certain you could 2 heal blackfuse if you just used externals properly.

Also yes, you don't need external healing if you do it properly, but if something goes wrong then you are probably dead, it gives you room for small mistakes that involve taking more dmg, also I would never used exhilaration for this if you are constantly not topped, because then Spirit Bond will heal so much more, but I imagine both would work good enough.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).