Deleted

VFXLimit tweak. 10/20 or 7500?

Im looking around to tweak rift a bit. there are few tweaks that are the same, just on different forums, but there is one option where people tell you to do different stuff. it comes to the VFXLimit. some say set it to 10 or 20 and others tell you to even set it at 7500.

have anyone put their head into this and really tried out which one works the best?

I am not an expert but think I set mine to 50 forever ago when I first saw this.

As someone that played Rift and tinkered insanely with those settings.

VFXLimit = 7500 used to help a lot before they implemented the option "Turn Allies VFX off" or whatever it was back in the summer of 2011 i think, they broke the command and the FPS that day, it was the Hammerknell patch.

VFXLimit = 10 Means it will show 10 effects from other players which means more FPS since they fucked things up completely with the above change.

The biggest changes for Rift is the Lightning change for newer cards, you gain FPS and the weird flashing lightning goes away.

And set Anisotropic from nvdia/AMD and not the game itself, the quality is better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    As someone that played Rift and tinkered insanely with those settings.

VFXLimit = 7500 used to help a lot before they implemented the option "Turn Allies VFX off" or whatever it was back in the summer of 2011 i think, they broke the command and the FPS that day, it was the Hammerknell patch.

VFXLimit = 10 Means it will show 10 effects from other players which means more FPS since they fucked things up completely with the above change.

The biggest changes for Rift is the Lightning change for newer cards, you gain FPS and the weird flashing lightning goes away.

And set Anisotropic from nvdia/AMD and not the game itself, the quality is better.
    okey so i assume vgx is better at 10?

i dont really underrstand the last part of what you are saying. do you want me to turn on texture filtering - anisotropic sample option in nvidia control panel and pout it on on?

Pretty much, Rift has weird graphic issues, from shaking lightning to Shadows etc.

Lightning = 100
    VFXLimit = 10

Are must have if you want to raid at least.

And setting Anisotropic from the nvidia settings for Rift.exe instead of in game, along with changing the Global setting of Multi-Display to "Single Screen Performance" and "Maximum Performance" right under it for the Power Options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Pretty much, Rift has weird graphic issues, from shaking lightning to Shadows etc.

Lightning = 100
    VFXLimit = 10

Are must have if you want to raid at least.

And setting Anisotropic from the nvidia settings for Rift.exe instead of in game, along with changing the Global setting of Multi-Display to "Single Screen Performance" and "Maximum Performance" right under it for the Power Options.
    lightning should not be on 100. i had it on 10.000000 before and changed because you said so. noticed about 15-20 fps drop in 20 man raid and it went fromstruttering like to smooth as silk

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    lightning should not be on 100. i had it on 10.000000 before and changed because you said so. noticed about 15-20 fps drop in 20 man raid and it went fromstruttering like to smooth as silk
    Ah i forgot how it shows.

Lightning ingame should show as 100, the setting in the .cfg is 10.000000

Deleted
    Also. I got 10-15 more FPS because of what i did. Requires nvidia card, but still will do

Anisotropic filtering in Rift is killing FPS and the smoothness you get. I had it on like 4/6 and i disabled it completely. Runs like water. If you still want it though ( as nvidia owner ) get into nvidia control panel -- > 3d settings and put it on there if you like. that forces all games to run with the amount you choose. 2x - 16x.

but yes. the point is, remove it from in game graphics if none has ever thought of it