[Elemental] Tracking Lightning Shield Stacks and Earth Shock Cooldown with TellMeWhen

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out how to configure TellMeWhen as described, and was hoping someone here might know how to do it. To be exact, I'm looking to make an icon that will show the tooltip of Earth Shock and display it's cooldown, but also show the stacks of Fulmination/Lightning Shield, and have the icon change opacity based on the number of stacks. Thanks for any help!

I don't think it's even possible to do that with one TMW.

For Lightning Shield:

(PS: In a raid and don't have TMW enabled so this might be kind of vague.)

Make a new icon for Buff/Debuff Check. Spell would be Lightning Shield, Icon can be Earth shock if you really want).

At the bottom, you can select text it shows. Change it to [Stacks] (you can select it on the right) and nothing else.

Next to it just make a new icon for Spell Cooldown Earth Shock, I don't think this will need to be explained in vast detail.

Use WA if you want one icon that can do this.

I do have WA as well, but have no idea how to go about getting both on the one icon - if you have a string for that icon I could import, it would be most appreciated! While on the topic of WA, would you happen to know if it is possible to set an icon up that will track hex (or any cc spell for that matter) on any target, regardless of having what you have targeted/focused? I know there is a hunter bar addon that tracks Freezing Trap like that, and was hoping to replicate the functionality. Thanks for the help!

Deleted
    Ill post a string I made for lightning shield stacks when I get home later

Unsure how to make the hex one

use magenuggets for your hex timer

Deleted
    Code:
    dadVbaGEOsTlOQEnOIzckZLenBsDtqvDBrStq2lA3kTFjLFcvzyKWVLYqLuzWIsdxuCqcYXKKfkQSuOclgQOLd4HeWtvTmrvphYuLyYkA6uUib6YuDDOSzrA7qL8zIEmqJeuLdRWOLQXdQ0jju3ssvxJq68eu)LKoTW0ieZkw4dEXR5aPdqxPyW2Iu(mUwRcnmmaxfwi72gR89W1tEeFE8vGVO8j8t(jl8PT1EGBNq5fHhU4LMICJqvk41TXKfEmKRcQhieZXd00ol8jyAlyHgnEmKRc2sW5WyoEq9aHyHhfRu78hEcbFHGOrJxy8strUrO6ZlQcEaxgTTiCgNpaBlFm5HfYUTXkRL99W1tEdiKshGfEmKlqdBnMJhedzTe1EmDEls8j)osCeleQIhwi72gRSw23dxpPrJFXskaHu6aicvXJSbiCq11I14fqqOIG4Gg)GfEyHSBBSYAzFpC9Kx8Aoq6a0vkgSTiLpJR1QqdddWvHfYUTXkFpC9KgpUiuLivkOrc
    Thats a string to my lightning shield WA. Its simply the lightning shield icon with a number in the center to indicate how many stacks you have. You can adjust the size as you see fit and could easily add a glowing effect if you wanted.

Endus posted some great Weak Aura strings, and I think you can download them from WoW Interface; it's his that I use for tracking LS stacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Endus posted some great Weak Aura strings, and I think you can download them from WoW Interface; it's his that I use for tracking LS stacks.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1188644 is the link for his WA.

Personally i dont like them

Nug Combo Bar probably works for tracking LS stacks as well...
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/nugie-combo-bar
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Okey dokey!"

Just use two icons that switches via a meta icon. One to show stacks if ES is on CD or LS stacks are low, the other to show ES if LS stack is greater than/equal to however many you normally use it on (7 iirc? I don't play Ele)

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check out Endus' stuff. Mage nuggets looks to be perfect for hex, do you know if anything like it exists for the classes it doesn't cover? I have too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolsvith View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check out Endus' stuff. Mage nuggets looks to be perfect for hex, do you know if anything like it exists for the classes it doesn't cover? I have too many alts...
    You're probably better off finding one addon that can cover all your needs, rather than a bunch of little class-specific ones. Weak Auras is great and I like NeedToKnow as well.
    Not sure you really need to track Hex, given it's so rarely used unless you PVP an awful lot.

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    You're probably better off finding one addon that can cover all your needs, rather than a bunch of little class-specific ones. Weak Auras is great and I like NeedToKnow as well.
    Not sure you really need to track Hex, given it's so rarely used unless you PVP an awful lot.
    As noted above I actually have both of those, but can't seem to find out how to track CC on mobs which are not targeted or focused.

As for CC not being used often, I'd still like to have the functionality for the odd time that it is, and I do PvP from time to time.

Deleted
    Im pretty sure WA can do everything you want, just gotta look around for the right string.