Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by gonterf View Post
    If I'm understanding correctly, they'd be below the current tier of raids, but above the last tier of raids.

Personally, I really dig this plan: if they go ahead with it, it might be the straw that gets me to resub. I've always loved 5 player content, but in past expansions it's always become more-or-less obsolete (at least progression-wise), and way too easy, as soon as you started raiding. Rift's master mode dungeons were some of the most fun I had in that game, even though no-one really ran them because they were in a wonky place on the progression path.
    So they basically fill the same role as the Twilight dungeons in Cata (albeit harder)? Not sure how I feel about that, only because it still follows this notion of invalidating the prior tier of raids and hints at the same kind of big iLevel jump that we've seen versus a slower iLevel jump. We're already likely to see a big gap in iLevels again because of Normal/Heroic/Mythic...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    So they basically fill the same role as the Twilight dungeons in Cata (albeit harder)? Not sure how I feel about that, only because it still follows this notion of invalidating the prior tier of raids and hints at the same kind of big iLevel jump that we've seen versus a slower iLevel jump. We're already likely to see a big gap in iLevels again because of Normal/Heroic/Mythic...

ye the itlv jump will be high but those mythic dungeons would flat them out - after all it would be so much better for alts - u could gear them up by spaming those dungeons for a week or 2 on 1 alt u cought up with gear u swap to another alt whenever u feel like it - instead having to run 1 lockout of lfr+ flex every week and praying to rng god to bless u so that u could felt liek u cought up after 3 months of farming it - instead 2-3 months of flex it will be now intense week of dungeon spam - and omg i just can wait to finally dust off my alts >< since most of them have been bored waiitng in dreadwaste abandoned as soon as i hit 90 on them -_-

Well, its either invalidate previous dungeons or previous raids. Not like there is a middle ground there.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    People didn't like CM's because they offered nothing in gear progression. With a daily CM quest giving you a piece of LFR quality gear then I think CM's can just fill this niche. The CM daily quest reward also only requires you to complete it and not within a certain time frame which is another reason why people didn't like CM's.
    The third element that people didn't like is the scalling. I think that Mythic could be a scale-up-to-current-gear version of CM's. Similar (can't be the same) difficulty but instead of player power scalling down, gear scalling up.

Still don't get why people complaint about time. Without time is: pull, Pain suppression is up, slowly kill this group, go next pull, PS again, repeat. With the timer is: ok you choose PS first pull or second pull, no matter what you do, you have to choose; there is a strategy involved. Not just: on CD use my best spell, gg.
    Last edited by thigan; 2014-05-05 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic 5 mans should be used in the gearing process for later tiers when in the tier skipping phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Mythic 5 mans should be used in the gearing process for later tiers when in the tier skipping phase.
    They should never become a type of catch up mechanic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    CM's are cake - doing the gold timer isn't particularly hard if you know the route / use pots but even then it offers no gear progression. I didn't do them till they announced they were being removed because adding a timer does not make a fun challenge to me.
    I haven't stepped foot into a CM yet because I personally dislike transmog. If they offered gear I might be interested in them. I will probably do at the last minute for the mount but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Then how do we deal with the problem of gearing up new players? We know they aren't ever going back to the TBC kind of raiding with no tier skips and players must grind through tier 17 to get to tier 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    There has to be some kind of catch-up mechanism. In MoP that was LFR, and we saw how well that worked. Mythic 5-mans could be a good way to do it. There's never going to be a situation where you segregate guilds into raid tiers again, so you have to have something to bridge the gap.

If they want to keep LFR and 5 man dungeons on the same level then they need to do something to make 5 mans more appealing after the first raid tier. Whether that is make a mythic mode that offers similar gear to LFR or adding new dungeons, something needs to be done or LFR will be mandatory for players who reach 100 or rejoin the game after the first raid tier.

15+ Year Old Account
    There has to be some kind of catch-up mechanism. In MoP that was LFR, and we saw how well that worked. Mythic 5-mans could be a good way to do it. There's never going to be a situation where you segregate guilds into raid tiers again, so you have to have something to bridge the gap.
    They have said that LFR drop rates will be more abundant so in theory we'll be able to run LFR to gear up faster in WoD. Only time will tell the interview said they don't like us spending a month trying to gear up for current content. Hopefully they will continue to add more dungeons along the way.

Also I think with the group finder we may be able to access old raid content a lot easier. Right now it's either oqueue or openraid or spamming in Trade Chat.