Thread: kanrenthad

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

kanrenthad

Think I will be able to kill him on my 20th attempt?

I feel like he needs about 10 more spells, that would make this fight a little more challenging.

Attempt number 10 here I come!

Or should I just wait until I get better gear?

Since you didn't specify what kind of gear you have or how good or awful you are at the game, it might be a bit hard to answer your questions...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

The thing I hated most about the kanrethad fight is that it absolutely requires you use macros that you won't even know about until you've done the fight.

It's not so much of a "warlock test" as much as it is a "how good can you make a macro test". That's what pissed me off about it most. That being said, if your ilvl is at least 500 or so, you should be able to do it provided you don't drool into a cup.

I'm fine up until the fel hunters. I fear one and banish another. But then avoiding the rain of fire, dispelling, and moving out of chaos bolt it's so much shit to keep up with. I wipe on the fel hunters every single time. I'm not fast enough to be able to target them and then sift through them finding another one to put havoc on. It's ridiculous. 2 hunters is more than enough. But 3 is just overkill.

And then positioning and everything else.

And my ilvl is 516. I don't think damage would be an issue if I could just manage to get this stupid fel hunter bullshit under control. But I'm not a hardcore twitch player than can target shit at the drop of a hat while dodging 500 things a second. I tried adjusting my camera angle to get a better view of the gateway and I'm about to turn my graphics down so I don't see 20 different spell effects cluttering up the screen. Perhaps that will help. No clue.

I'm just ready to be done with it before my gear breaks and I have to do the whole annoying scenario over again after a repair run because I for some reason can't sell anything to these repair vendors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    The thing I hated most about the kanrethad fight is that it absolutely requires you use macros that you won't even know about until you've done the fight.

It's not so much of a "warlock test" as much as it is a "how good can you make a macro test". That's what pissed me off about it most. That being said, if your ilvl is at least 500 or so, you should be able to do it provided you don't drool into a cup.
    I've got most of the macros and they've helped. But any recommendations for macros for the fel hunters and havoc. I don't know how I would do it with there being three fel hunters. Perhaps if I just make a macro that says /target Fel Hunter then I can press that repeatedly until I find one that hasn't been targeted that I can chaos bolt/banish/fear?

10+ Year Old Account
    there are like 6.377 other topics about said fight, and at least that much tutorials.

in search button we trust.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Wait, you say that you have tried 20 times and still can't kill the boss

and in the same breath say that the fight needs to be more challenging?

Did I miss something?

EDIT: also, follow this guide: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8181828973

I killed him in like 4th try using this guide.

To the first part, I'm on like my 12th time now probably. Maybe. I don't know. I lost track.

To the second question, SARCASM.

My biggest problem is that I get squirrel-y and panic-y. I start getting overwhelmed with all of the shit that's going on and I start losing focus and not knowing what I need to do. I'm not good with having 20 different mechanics aiming at me. I get nervous and then I mess up or my brain shuts down and I just constantly try to target tab everything when the fel hunters come out because I know I need to get the havoc out, but I need to get out of the fire, and I need to stay near the pillar so I can dodge chaos bolt, and I need to make sure I'm keeping my health up and debuffs off. It's just a lot to handle and I freak the hell out trying to manage it all.

Deleted
    You can simply zerg him down with an ilvl of 530+

Attempt number 13 done! Fucking awesome.

Would it just be better if I fear the pit lord and then attack the fel hunters down or would they dispel the fear?

My advice is to watch videos and follow the strats exactly. The fight is meant to be hard. It was absolutely brutal at release, however it's become easier over time as gear gets better. So just stick with it and eventually you will get your green fire.

Most warlocks I know spent many, many days wiping and learning this fight. The only exception was a buddy of mine who went in and downed it in ilvl 476 pvp gear after only a few attempts. He is an exceptional warlock though and knows the class better than most (gladiator) so your mileage may vary lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post

I feel like he needs about 10 more spells, that would make this fight a little more challenging.

Give me your account and provided you have 460+ gear I'll one shot it. I'd fucking honestly do it for every warlock myself just to stop being reminded how bad people are at this game.

- - - Updated - - -

My advice is to watch videos and follow the strats exactly. The fight is meant to be hard. It was absolutely brutal at release, however it's become easier over time as gear gets better. So just stick with it and eventually you will get your green fire.

Most warlocks I know spent many, many days wiping and learning this fight. The only exception was a buddy of mine who went in and downed it in ilvl 476 pvp gear after only a few attempts. He is an exceptional warlock though and knows the class better than most (gladiator) so your mileage may vary lol.
    It was never brutal and at the same gear level it is harder now due to the changes to Warlocks. It is still doable in 460-ish gear however. The PTR version was brutal, the release version in comparison was a bad joke.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Note to Self: Need to do that when I get back to playing. It's a fun challenge, just need to learn to manage the phases. Fel Hunters plus Cataclysm used to mess me up, and then one time I got him to about 20% and screwed up. Not been back since, but pretty sure my Gear is much higher now.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Pointless Kanrethad thread number 972.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    It was never brutal and at the same gear level it is harder now due to the changes to Warlocks. It is still doable in 460-ish gear however. The PTR version was brutal, the release version in comparison was a bad joke.
    Yes, it was actually brutal. Sorry that you're just so great it was never a challenge to your all mighty self.

Let us all bow down now before the mighty Ichifails.

EDIT: Actually, since you claim it's so easy and you can do it in ilvl 460 gear (less than current heroic gear), I will paypal you $1000 upon completion of said feat. Beat kanrethad in ilvl 460 gear and show us proof. Let's see it, almighty. I even just gave you incentive. Put your mouth where my money is.
    Last edited by Coldhearth; 2014-05-05 at 07:20 AM.

Yes, it was actually brutal. Sorry that you're just so great it was never a challenge to your all mighty self.

Let us all bow down now before the mighty Ichifails.

EDIT: Actually, since you claim it's so easy and you can do it in ilvl 460 gear (less than current heroic gear), I will paypal you $1000 upon completion of said feat. Beat kanrethad in ilvl 460 gear and show us proof. Let's see it, almighty. I even just gave you incentive. Put your mouth where my money is.
    If I dig up the video from when I made the guide on how to beat it, do I still get the money? Or the second video for when I did it again after leveling another warlock since people said I had too high ilvl and I didn't show it in the first video. You can even use the search feature to find it here probably since I did was so much time once to prove people it's doable.

Heck, I'll reactivate my sub now, make another warlock and do it again for 1000$. Maybe even stream it aiming for a 1 shot.

It's not that I'm great or even good, people don't want to even listen to advice. I've posted video and written guides quite a bit here and tried to help people when it came out for the first time. None bothered to listen or to search.

I did it with my gf's newly dinged warlock covered in blues, roughly 470 itemlevel, on the first attempt. I wouldn't bet 1000$ on someone not doing it with 460.

Deleted
    For the people who had a hard time with the felhunters here is a (slightly) alternative strategy I used to kill them fast enough despite having lowish ilevel gear.

Equip glyph of Havoc. Just kill the first fel hunter as soon as he gets through the gate. When you finish him off with shadowburn, you will have two burning embers for the other two fel hunters. Just cast Havoc on one, and 2 x chaos bolt on the other. This will kill them before the boss starts casting his chaos bolt again. It is also a pretty easy and clean way of doing it, which is nice because there is already so much going on in this fight. After adopting this strategy, I was able to kill the boss pretty fast (since the fel hunters are imo, easily the hardest thing to deal with in the fight)

Personally I thought the fight was pretty challenging. Some people overreact a little because the challenge is just very different from most of the other solo content in the game. Some say the fight is "easy", but easy is not the word I would use. Easy is a relative term, and in comparison to other content in the game this is not easy, even if not everyone will have a hard time killing the boss. Correctly executing this fight (without a very high ilevel) is harder than almost any of the PvE content in the game, and harder than any of the content that most people have done (Heroic dungeons, LFR, the occasional Flex all do not require an individual player to deal with a similar amount of complexity).

The key is to learn the fight and the different phases, and keep your focus for the entire duration of the fight. The fight is not really a DPS race, and as long as you stick to the strategy and avoid the most damaging attacks (like chaos bolt, or attacks from the Doomlords) there is actually not a whole lot of damage going on. You will only get killed if you mess up. This is important to realize, as it lets you relax and focus on the mechanics of the different phases. If you ever do get in trouble, there are multiple ways of instantly healing yourself, the pitlord's heal probably being the most convenient. I used the pitlord's heal typically after I popped unbound will, which kept me with few curses (also using Singe Magic) and at full health for most of the fight.
    Last edited by mmocf62d1a5195; 2014-05-06 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    Get to about 535 i level and the fight will be a breeze. I know it sounds like a stretch, but it's amazing what the boost in gear does to your damage. Ensure it's all enchanted/gemmed properly too!

I struggled on him for weeks at around the same i level as you, but I struggled through Raid Finder and Timeless Isle grind and eventually got to 535 i level. The night I got 535 i level I tried him, failed twice and on my third go got him down. The first 2 deaths were due to really stupid mistakes, like not concentrating on the chaos bolt and getting one shotted. Dx

Don't give up though! I repeatedly swore at my screen, gave up, said I'd never try it again... This quest really pissed me off. But when you finally do it, it's an absolutely amazing feeling. For some it wasn't a challenge, but for me it was, and it was really worthwhile doing. Plus, green fire is so pretty...

It's not really that hard. For me it was a win on the 7th attempt with ilvl ~501-502, don't really remember. Just make sure not to get sloppy, I did a couple times and it costed me a wipe at like 10%, talking about fel hunters & the pitlord enslave going away.

u can line of sight the chaos bolts kanrethad casts. or use demonic teleport. the best advice id say would be to always remember to put kanreth as your focus. that way u can see him casting his 5 second chaos bolt. or the cataclysm and have your pit lord interrupt it. if ur still having trouble just try for some better gear, warm sun flasks, even prepotting or maybe drums of rage too for 35% lust.

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post

If it wasn't a challenge you would have it dead now. And keep in mind that when the fight came out most ppl were sub 500 ilvl. Gear has little to do with it. There was a guy that it in 384, not 484, 384 ilvl. He had to use a pot, but still. The fight is about executing mechanics.