Poll: Agree "if you don't raid, you don't need raid gear"?

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    LFR is raiding. You might not like that fact, I don't really like it as well. But it is still raiding. Face roll raiding but raiding none the less.
    Then the gear they get from it is raid gear! Gear from a raid!!!! Set bonus or not it is still raid gear especially it matches the ilvl of what LFR gear should have!!!!

Now they get raid gear in LFR, everyone happy!!!!!

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear should match effort, and be enough to get into the next level of difficulty. Nothing more, and definitely not something a normal/heroic raider should seek just for the set bonus or (as they put it) transformative trinkets. Also, without the set bonus the gear ceases to be a tier set and as such deserves a separate appearance (along with the fact that it will be on par with h5m, and tier look-a-likes dropping in them would just be awkward).

Of course, they shouldn't feel like they ought to hold back on gear appearance just for it being on the level of heroic 5 mans. I do like a few of the sets though, so it will be worth the transmog runs.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't raid, you don't need raid gear. You want it. Why? To complete the content you do quicker. You don't need it to succeed in what you are doing if you are not raiding. It just makes whatever you are doing faster. That's how I see it.

I'm so confused about this whole thing. The gear that drops in LFR is of a quality that aligns with its difficulty. It's easier than Flex, so its ilvl is lower. Seems reasonable to me.

Many people that run LFR have no wish to do research outside the game to optimize their DPS, and many of the trinkets in SoO, for instance, cause stat weights to change, rotations to change, talent choices to change, and just general chaos. It's fun to change things up for people that already know what they're doing and know where to look for info (assuming they care to look for info at all). Just have LFR give trinkets with a static primary stat that proc an increase in your mastery or haste or crit for 20 seconds or something. That gives a meaningful upgrade path with very simple criteria to determine if a new trinket or other piece of gear is truly an upgrade. Adding in attractive upgrades that don't force a casual or new player to alter their playstyle to maximize their DPS because of a single trinket with an odd mechanic seems reasonable.

Not sure why people are so unhappy that they're losing set bonuses in LFR that historically increase DPS by only a few percent. If the argument is that you don't get armor that looks like the current tier's armor, I can see some frustration about that. Maybe Blizzard should add in a way for non-raiders to get transmog tier gear outside of raiding. That doesn't really bother me as a progression raider. Also, running LFR and flex for weeks on end to get AoC while you're progressing in heroic content sucks. Glad they're reducing the number of upgrade paths to prevent burnout.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-05-05 at 02:15 AM.

I played wow really casually at the end and I wanted gear. Why? Because I didn't want to spend 20 minutes doing a set of dailies I had already done 50 times when I could do it in 10 minutes with better gear. Why else? Because the better my gear, the more the "soloing old content" door opened up. Why else? Because the better my gear, the more achievement's I could hunt.

If the only way to get decent gear is raid, that's just like asking casual players to not go back to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    I played wow really casually at the end and I wanted gear. Why? Because I didn't want to spend 20 minutes doing a set of dailies I had already done 50 times when I could do it in 10 minutes with better gear. Why else? Because the better my gear, the more the "soloing old content" door opened up. Why else? Because the better my gear, the more achievement's I could hunt.

If the only way to get decent gear is raid, that's just like asking casual players to not go back to wow.
    Raiding always gave out best gear. For entire history of wow since MC was introduced, no exceptions. What are you complaining about?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Raiding always gave out best gear. For entire history of wow since MC was introduced, no exceptions. What are you complaining about?
    Not complaining about anything. Answering why I chose "Completely Disagree". Take your meds, it would seem you're late on some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Everybody needs gear progression. If the only gear progression is going to be raid gear then I fully disagree. If blizzard actually gave a separate gear progression path, I'd be OK.
    This amounts to what I was going to say.

Literally? No, non-raiders don't need raid gear. But the question is never really about the raid gear itself, it's about progression. Blizzard themselves have mentioned how ridiculously small a percentage of the playerbase actually raids on a regular basis. Why are they the only ones that get progression? Blizzard's being really stubborn on the issue, and so far it seems like it will be the one thing to ultimately date the game. Just because the majority of the players don't put all their time and effort into a very specific part of the game, doesn't mean they don't put time and effort into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post

You can get gear of near raid quality through PvP. There are other options if you don't want to raid, but asking free gear to fall from the sky seems a bit insane to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Hey until they changed the name to something other than Looking for Raid, I will still call it raiding, a lower level of raiding. So yup, raiding!
    It's low level raiding that requires attendance and no skill.

It still has it's place for people to see the content, but there is no need for actual raiding gear for it, as it doesn't require it. It's effectively a long normal dungeon.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    This amounts to what I was going to say.

Literally? No, non-raiders don't need raid gear. But the question is never really about the raid gear itself, it's about progression. Blizzard themselves have mentioned how ridiculously small a percentage of the playerbase actually raids on a regular basis. Why are they the only ones that get progression? Blizzard's being really stubborn on the issue, and so far it seems like it will be the one thing to ultimately date the game. Just because the majority of the players don't put all their time and effort into a very specific part of the game, doesn't mean they don't put time and effort into it.
    And again, LFR still drops gear, they are even increasing the drop rate so I don't know why all the LFR Heroes are so up in arms.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree.

Here's why:

In WoW, there is no "raid gear".
    There are only two types of gear: PvP gear and PvE gear.

That's it.

PvE includes all non PvP activities: Soloing, farming, questing, in stanching, and scenario-ing.
    PvP includes all PvP activities: World PvP, arena, BGs, rated BGs.

WoW is, at it's core, an RPG where character growth features prominently. Character power growth is mostly through gear. PvE gear helps improve your character in all PvE things. PvP gear helps improve your character in all PvP things. Sometimes, there is overlap (for example, a bit enough ilvl upgrade PvP piece can sometimes make your character more powerful than an older PvE piece you have.)

Until Blizzard makes gear specific to 5 mans (a "Dungeon Set 2.0" model), soloing, ect., then there is only PvE and PvP gear.

Anyone that wants to do PvE, and progress their character doing so, needs/wants PvE gear upgrades, and it makes sense to give a way to progress and upgrade their gear.

Your OP statement is a lot like saying: "if you don't do arena or rated BGs, you don't need arena/rated BG gear."

People that participate in random BGs and world/city PvP would beg to differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    And again, LFR still drops gear, they are even increasing the drop rate so I don't know why all the LFR Heroes are so up in arms.
    I was a hardcore raider for almost 9 years and ranked one of the best in the world at my class. And I think it is bullshit they are removing teir from LFR. It isn't just "LFR Heroes".
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renathras View Post
    I disagree.

Here's why:

In WoW, there is no "raid gear".
    There are only two types of gear: PvP gear and PvE gear.

That's it.

PvE includes all non PvP activities: Soloing, farming, questing, in stanching, and scenario-ing.
    PvP includes all PvP activities: World PvP, arena, BGs, rated BGs.

WoW is, at it's core, an RPG where character growth features prominently. Character power growth is mostly through gear. PvE gear helps improve your character in all PvE things. PvP gear helps improve your character in all PvP things. Sometimes, there is overlap (for example, a bit enough ilvl upgrade PvP piece can sometimes make your character more powerful than an older PvE piece you have.)

Until Blizzard makes gear specific to 5 mans (a "Dungeon Set 2.0" model), soloing, ect., then there is only PvE and PvP gear.

Anyone that wants to do PvE, and progress their character doing so, needs/wants PvE gear upgrades, and it makes sense to give a way to progress and upgrade their gear.

Your OP statement is a lot like saying: "if you don't do arena or rated BGs, you don't need arena/rated BG gear."

People that participate in random BGs and world/city PvP would beg to differ.
    And if LFR didn't drop gear at all I would understand the fuss, but it does and will continue to do so, so people just need to stop.

- - - Updated - - -

I was a hardcore raider for almost 9 years and ranked one of the best in the world at my class. And I think it is bullshit they are removing teir from LFR. It isn't just "LFR Heroes".
    You don't need tier gear to do dailies and pet battles.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I don't "need" raid gear because I don't raid. However having better gear does make it easier to solo old content, do dailys, farm, kill stuff in general. If the spec snowflakes need me not to have their precious gear then sure, I do enjoy my life and while WoW is part of that life, it is not my entire life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    You don't need tier gear to do dailies and pet battles.
    You don't "NEED" gear from any difficulty. You want it. If they removed gear from every raid and make it about the challenge you would fucking rage so hard.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't "NEED" gear from any difficulty. You want it. If they removed gear from every raid and make it about the challenge you would fucking rage so hard.
    Not really, I mean if I can go into the next tier of raid and do it then I would be fine, but seeing as most LFR folks will never step foot in anything above LFR they don't need the next tier of gear, personally after looking on here and on the official forums and even the hearthstone forums I am finding Blizzard game players to be a bunch of whine asses who don't want to do what is required to get the rewards.
    Last edited by Seefer; 2014-05-05 at 02:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgmore View Post
    I don't "need" raid gear because I don't raid. However having better gear does make it easier to solo old content, do dailys, farm, kill stuff in general. If the spec snowflakes need me not to have their precious gear then sure, I do enjoy my life and while WoW is part of that life, it is not my entire life.
    I should start collecting all the special snowflake comments and write a book.

Way to go champ, keep doing what you're doing.

Infracted. Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-05-05 at 08:35 AM.

Deleted
    In the actual state of the game you need gear from some difficulty for higher difficulty. Wanting it is another thing but there are cases where you need gear.

If they removed gear I would probably quit as I wouldn't feel my character progressing, and I think this is quite a big part of the game just like leveling is (I don't like it but still).

Apart from that I don't think that you need raid gear if you don't raid though it's convenient for other things. But anyway you don't need tier gear to solo old content and everything. LFR is still going to drop gear (at twice the rate it seems), it just won't be tier. It looks like the gear's ilvl is going to be just a bit higher than 5m heroic, if you don't get tier in 5m heroic I don't see why you would get it in LFR.

you only need as much gear as you need to enter the next level of content