Poll: Agree "if you don't raid, you don't need raid gear"?

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaknsweet View Post
    Agree which is why I said "most" I know their are cases were adults behave worst than preschool children.
    Actually it couldn't even be most............if say everyone in the world had an excess of gold, the value drops, if something isn't rare the value drops in the world whether it be metals or cars or heck even baseball cards.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    You sound pretty mad to be perfectly honest. On your question why lfr is no raiding - easy. There is no chance of failure. Success is guaranteed even regardless of you being actually physically present.
    I am aware that the concept of actually playing a game is probably not what the future holds for mainstream gaming as a lot of monetizing concepts of other titles clearly show but I don't see why you shouldn't at least be honest about it.
    Yeah. Sure, success in lfr isn't '100%' guaranteed if you're in a suitably terrible group, but on the other hand it's also possible to contribute to coast through lfr doing barely anything and standing in aoe every boss. And unless the raid wipes multiple times nobody ever takes the time to actually take a look at whether you're doing anything for the most part.

Even Flex mode requires vastly more effort than LFR. And LFR is getting its own unique armor set. If they were getting recolored questing/crafted gear I could see the issue, but they get their own armor set, and whether you think a set is ugly or not is subjective. I think the lfr sets in WoD look better than some tier sets we've had for classes.

Once built up, garrisons will provide normal mode quality gear without raiding, and the CM Bronze Medal daily yields a LFR-level item too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kainara View Post
    Jealousy is not a legitimate argument to deny other people playing the game to have access to something. You don't reward childish behavior.
    Not really "jealous", afterall, what the raiders have are better, however, the value will be lowered if everyone can get the same or something too similar.

It may be a childish behaviour, but Blizzard is going with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Not really "jealous", afterall, what the raiders have are better, however, the value will be lowered if everyone can get the same or something too similar.

It may be a childish behaviour, but Blizzard is going with it.
    Actually childish behavior is "I want that, I don't want to do what is required to get it so I will throw a temper tantrum the likes that make a 4 year old blush"
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

In any case, Ion said Heroic Dungeons will be harder than LFR, and HDungeons don't drop tier or set bonuses.

Case closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

No, I don't agree. Gear is the main progression past the level cap increases. Don't have more gear, can't do more content that gets added. Squeezing off paths of progression is a bad idea in a gear-grind game. And I hope Blizzard will be taught that lesson just as they were taught in Cata, which caused them to intro Raid Finder in the first place to get people back in the game.

Further more this thought of "Nothing except tiers and trinkets count as loot/progression in LFR" school of thought is beyond me. So we should keep tiers and trinkets in LFR and remove anything else, problem solved. right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and No. LFR shouldn't have Teir gear, nor should Heroic mode. There should be ONE teir set that drops in flexi and Normal and that is it. If not then every level should have its own set.
    Aye mate

I see the welfare recipients are upset they don't get to look like the other raiders.
    As I have stated in the past, this is a multiplayer game, so if you want to progress then go socialize and join a guild and raid. If you want to play single player and roll face on keyboard there are plenty of other games out there.
    I'm pretty sure some of the LFRetard folks have posted in other threads "lol, the color of your gear doesn't matter" when they were getting their way. Now that the roles have flipped the M&S crowd is in an uproar. To you M&S folks, just remember "lol, it's only gear. u mad over pixels brah?" Now who gets to laugh at who?
    If they removed LFR tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear....except tears of enjoyment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    No, I don't agree. Gear is the main progression past the level cap increases. Don't have more gear, can't do more content that gets added. Squeezing off paths of progression is a bad idea in a gear-grind game. And I hope Blizzard will be taught that lesson just as they were taught in Cata, which caused them to intro Raid Finder in the first place to get people back in the game.
    You're GETTING gear just not tier sets and are getting different trinkets ffs they are not removing gear from LFR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Don't have more gear, can't do more content that gets added.
    But you ARE getting more gear, ilvl will be exactly the same as how you are doing LFR now!

The difference is you now will have a seperate set of gear for LFR (which still have the same ilvl as other LFR pieces) and no more special OP trinkets, which will NOT stop you getting on later contents that get added (especially if you mean the next LFR tier).

You are losing set bonus and some OP trinkets, you are not losing gear progression.

Does this question ask specifically about gear that drops from raids? Or just gear that is equal to the quality of gear that drops from raids?
    Everyone wants to progress their character's gear for many reasons. Raiding is not the only one. I disagree that non raiders don't "need" gear. Need really means want here. No one "needs" anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    If not then every level should have its own set.
    Actually I like your idea.

LFR - current no bonus set
    Normal - slightly better looking, shitty set bonus
    Heroic - nice design, good set bonus
    Mythic - nice design with animations, very good set bonus

If said gear was usable only in raids, then I would agree. But it's not, so no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally, no. Non-raiders don't need raid gear.

But with loot being an integral part of improving your character, and some of the best loot being in raids, I can totally see how a non-raider may feel slighted that the best gear they can attain as a non-raider is shit compared to what one could earn just by doing a few raids.

And to that player, I say run a Flex, soon-to-be Normal mode. It's not that bad/hard/scary, and it's 500X more rewarding than queueing up in LFR.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I completely disagree, at max level gear is the only type of character progression you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post

But with loot being an integral part of improving your character, and some of the best loot being in raids, I can totally see how a non-raider may feel slighted that the best gear they can attain as a non-raider is shit compared to what one could earn just by doing a few raids.

And to that player, I say run a Flex, soon-to-be Normal mode. It's not that bad/hard/scary, and it's 500X more rewarding than queueing up in LFR.
    Usually faster too, personally I think the people who run LFR and refuse to do Flex (even if it is faster to get into) are afraid to go into anything higher because they can't ignore mechanics and don't want to improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Most players have no interest in raiding whatsoever. It's not about it being bad/hard/scary. Blizzard are just crap at having other ways to progress your character if it doesn't involve raiding. Something they need to sort out, imo.
    But it has been like that since day 1, raid for progression at max level or stay stale, have they not gotten used to it yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post

LFR is raiding. You might not like that fact, I don't really like it as well. But it is still raiding. Face roll raiding but raiding none the less.
    Aye mate