Poll: Agree "if you don't raid, you don't need raid gear"?

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Darkmoon Card: Greatness says hi.
    I also bought a BoE valor wrist which was also BiS.

I guess that a causal wears 2 BiS makes you worry that he will out dps you.

The causal is not obsessed with gear.
    They can live with 1.5 tier difference.

Look at the last patch, 3 tier difference.
    Who is obsessed with gear?
    Let's not lie here. The casual is obsessed with gear. There is so much rage about the LFR gear changes. Why? Gear obsession. Gear obsession is a wow thing. Nobody is afraid of being outdps'd by anyone. And btw, there are heroic raiders who are casual. There are people that dont raid that play all day every day. So let us not put ppl into boxes. And your excuse is "Look at the last patch". What about the last patch? What does that have to do with any player? Nothing. You just want it to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsurugix00 View Post
    I just don't understand why you would want raiding gear, but you don't like to raid. You want to be given something, but you don't want to do what it takes to get that something? Whaaaaat?

This is how I tried to see it because I really just don't understand these kind of people lol.

You want to look cool, but you don't know how to be cool? You want to be seen as a badass, but you don't know anything about being badass? I'm sorry but I still fail to understand that.
    It's not gear obsession, promise! It's um, uh "character progression obsession"!

Will you go into arena if your opponent is wearing 30+ ilevel more than you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit people....
    LFR will drop gear upgrades. Just not tier.

Well in theory you don't, but.... If you want to raid you need raid gear, because the community is unreasonable like that. Imagine 2 Teirs in and trying to get a raid with heroic blues.... Yeh that will fix the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhat agree.

The logic is sound, but being able to clear something more efficiently is the result of better gear.

Why is it everyone complains about people getting good gear unless of course that person wearing the gear is helping them down a boss?

Raid leader, “Man I hate it that people can get tier pieces and trinkets in LFR, that’s friggen welfare purples.”
    Raider, “Yeah I know man, those people suck. They don't deserve good gear.”
    Raid leader, “Okay guys, our healer bailed tonight so we need a healer for our alt run Flex mode tonight. Ask your friends.”
    Raider, “ALright I will ask my friend.”
    Raider to Raider friend, “Hey man, you have a healer alt right? Are you geared for raiding? We need a pug tonight.”
    Raider Friend, “Yeah I have a Resto shaman, It’s all LFR gear including the 4 piece tier pieces to complete the 4 set and the 2 lfr trinkets.”
    Raider, “I got us a healer tonight!”
    Raid Leader, “Awesome, and I just scored a two piece set off of Celestials by slapping it on the ass when it hit 10%! LoL!”
    Raider, “Sweet!”

Well, by defining it 'raid' gear, then no. I do however think you should be able to progress and enhance your character, suitable and rewarding for the stuff you do in an mmo.

That said, getting pvp-gear for pvp, to get better at it suits, getting lfrgear in lfr (lfr quality) suits too as with the higher difficulty's. PVP-gear this expansion though, was inferior in world pvp compared to the normal/hc raiding gear (except for the 550 stuff), which was just silly while pvp'ing.

Love it how they are making LFR a part of gear progression, not just the "now you can look and feel like a real raider" reward.

People seem to read the topic as "LFR loot removed" while it still remains between heroics and normal(flex) mode...
    Last edited by Ghostile; 2014-05-07 at 02:54 PM.

Even though I don't really do LFR, a big part of the game for me is gearing, and even if I went casual, I doubt much would change with this. The game enforces a power system, I can't say people are wrong with wanting to make their characters more powerful; even if they don't do more than dailies and farming herbs.

That said, some of the LFR analogies make me laugh: Tourist Mode, Snooze & Cruise, etc

Gear is the only real "progression" this game has at max level.

Who's obsessed with gear?

The LFR heroes screaming bloody murder that they won't be getting the same gear as raiders in Warlords.

Deleted
    Is it really that troublesome to make the step over to flex (normals in WoD) and obtain that said gear?

If you intend to raid you need gear yes, if you dont intend to go further than tourist-mode you dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post

The LFR heroes screaming bloody murder that they won't be getting the same gear as raiders in Warlords.
    Let me correct you here, its not the same gear. It is crappier versions of gear with different color schemes. If you can't tell the difference between LFR gear and Normal mode gear then you can't be helped. Stop spreading the ignorance.

You mean to tell me for the last 2 years the LFR heroes have been screaming bloody murder that they may not be able to wear crappier versions of raid gear and it hasn't been the elitist special snowflakes screaming that a lot of people have crappy versions of raiding gear?

Let me sum this up for you, its not that they are not getting raid gear, its that you don't feel good about what you do because you base your value on what you have and others don't have. Nobody cares how you 'feel', just enjoy the parts of the game that you enjoy and stop worrying if other people can recognize your greatness from across the street. Only Peacocks spend this much time preening.

I think that having a tier set available to a player who can't play on a schedule holds some value. That player needs goals to accomplish as well, and as many have pointed out, at level 100, that will be gear-based entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post

or maybe its the normal mode heroes who scream "but blizzard is still forcing me to run lfr just cause it will have thise 1 piece that just refuses to drop from normal -gg blizz" ?

most people complain not cause lfr will lose tier or trinekts only cause lfr gear looks like utter shit - lvling greens look better- it doenst have to look epic - just ffs not looking like utter crap like its now -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenarious View Post
    I think that having a tier set available to a player who can't play on a schedule holds some value. That player needs goals to accomplish as well, and as many have pointed out, at level 100, that will be gear-based entirely.
    A complicated argument but one that I side with you on more than the other.

On the one hand, I would assume the number of non committed raiders out weights full dedicated raiders. That means there is a financial and game survival factor in keeping those players happy, subscribed, and moving forward. I have no support as I don't work for blizzard, but I'd wager more sub loss swings come from full fledged raiders who burn though raid content and then have nothing to do for 5 months so they unsubscribe.

On the flip side, those players too are important and need a special reward to keep them going. I do believe they should equally should stand out and have the ability to reflect what they've done visually. Though, to counter that even, transmog has seemingly ruined alot of instant visual recognition of ones accomplishment. That's something that I find interesting and one of those weird things in which I think made Vannilla, TBC, and Wrath a little bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Love it how they are making LFR a part of gear progression, not just the "now you can look and feel like a real raider" reward.

and who the heck decides who is the real raider ? for 14/14 hc raiders anyone below that plays like shit , for 11/14 hc raiders same thing - each person could define somebody below him as not worth to hold title "raider" just cause hes below him on progression - in vanilla i did MC even though i had no clue what i was goin there- i was one of those "bodies" u were bringing along cause they were your friends and who were afk half of time - even though i raided with them for couple of weeks/months, so i was raider back then wiith better progress then 90 %+ population back then and so what ? i was playing like shit and im not ashamed to admit how shitty my gameplay back then was - when i think about it now it makes me laugh so hard what mistake i was doin and so what - i was raider same as lfr crowd are raiders - they just raid on "Easy" difficulty while most of mmochapion posters play on hard.

Yes.

Stop with the stupid inflation and give casuals more routes to get "nice" looking things for transmog. An overall win/win for absolutely everybody.
    They do /not/ need inflated ilevels as it just causes problems like with the gap this expansion.

If my alts need gear I'll just do it in the new normal mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of raiding PvP is the only real source of prolonged end game. So if you're not taking part in the system are you really playing the game?
    Hi

I voted "somewhat agree", but now that I think about it, I actually completely disagree. The better gear you have the faster you kill stuff, which is what WoW is, a game where you kill mobs, and loot. If Blizzard made it so that your gear scales down in the "world", then yes, I'd agree.