Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Posted this last year but still relevant to my feelings on this, though with exotics still similar in WoD, unlikely to happen any time soon.

    “ Personally, call me greedy as well, but I'd love to see BM hunters have the ability to have 2 active pets at once. I just think it would make BM be visually different. I know they have exotics atm, but if exotics were removed (well the label) and let all pets be tamed by any spec and give them just 1 ability, then BM Hunters would still get 2 buffs. Just lower their damage so they are not too OP, tweak, adjust, etc.
    I just think it would look and feel awesome to have to beasts running on either side of a Beast Master

    That said, for me it's more of the visual appeal of having 2 pets rather than some addition to game play. Also thinking about it more I would be still very happy if they just somehow made this a BM only Minor Glyph. Having the 2nd pet just copy/mimic your 1st pet but doesn't deliver or receive any damage, nor can be targeted. (similar to when you use Elixir of Wandering Spirits and turn into Che Wildwalker AND you get his pet tiger as a visual companion) Have the glyph use the model/visual of the pet in your 1st stable slot, unless that is the one that is currently active, and then it will use the 2nd?

    .... well, one can dream
    Last edited by Draven-; 2014-05-06 at 04:43 AM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Aside asthaetic reasons, it would add tremendeous amount of gameplay such as focus Management and crit/ mastery priority when you choose gears and gems.
    How so? /char
    Retired hunter

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Aside asthaetic reasons, it would add tremendeous amount of gameplay such as focus Management and crit/ mastery priority when you choose gears and gems.
    Even if none of that is actually game-play-. Aside focus management, that is. If the second pet is 'linked' to the action of the first, as the OP has said, it's basically nothing new but a graphic upgrade to 'your pet does double damage and has double utility'.
    And I think that there was already a blue on this topic, at the beginning of WotLK, saying that their tech didn't allowed them to assign two PETS to a single char. That's why EVERYTHING in the game that is summoned isn't classified as pet, but as Guardian, or else. Is like every char has only one 'pet slot', to say.

    I would opt for other cool BM improovements, rather than moar pets. Maybe to give it less 'brainless AI addiction' feeling.
    ...like, uh.
    Personalized aspects? So it could stance-dance properly, and maybe with good deals in utility and dps boosts. No details tho, just an idea. The point is, that would be extrmely beast-masterish, without relying MORE than necessary on the already 95%-of-damage source.
    Last edited by Jivhan; 2014-05-06 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Typos
    'Reality is not what surrounds you, but what you do with what surrounds you.' - really smart someone.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    How so? /char
    Procs from 2 pets, having 2 pets to tank for you if you solo; if first pet dies, no problem, you still have another pet and the other pet's now boosted to 120% since you control only one pet now, you also would be less susceptible to snares with 2 extra pets, and if one of your pet is snared, the other is still mobile. etc

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jivhan View Post
    Even if none of that is actually game-play-. Aside focus management, that is. If the second pet is 'linked' to the action of the first, as the OP has said, it's basically nothing new but a graphic upgrade to 'your pet does double damage and has double utility'.
    And I think that there was already a blue on this topic, at the beginning of WotLK, saying that their tech didn't allowed them to assign two PETS to a single char. That's why EVERYTHING in the game that is summoned isn't classified as pet, but as Guardian, or else. Is like every char has only one 'pet slot', to say.

    I would opt for other cool BM improovements, rather than moar pets. Maybe to give it less 'brainless AI addiction' feeling.
    ...like, uh.
    Personalized aspects? So it could stance-dance properly, and maybe with good deals in utility and dps boosts. No details tho, just an idea. The point is, that would be extrmely beast-masterish, without relying MORE than necessary on the already 95%-of-damage source.
    Stampeded has proven that a player can control more than one pets.

    If you don't like damage from beast as a BEAST mastery hunter, than BM isn't the right spec for you.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Procs from 2 pets, having 2 pets to tank for you if you solo; if first pet dies, no problem, you still have another pet and the other pet's now boosted to 120% since you control only one pet now, you also would be less susceptible to snares with 2 extra pets, and if one of your pet is snared, the other is still mobile. etc

    - - - Updated - - -



    Stampeded has proven that a player can control more than one pets.

    If you don't like damage from beast as a BEAST mastery hunter, than BM isn't the right spec for you.
    But if u have 2 pets they will be weaker than original one. so on mobs like warbringer, where ur pet can take on the beating with ur mending, u wil fail measurably. then u will be busy rezzing pets rather than actually fighting. rezzing 2 pets? scarry!

    I rather like the WoD lvl 100 talent for BM, my pet will become tough and strong at the same time (tenacity + ferocity = awesome!) Rather than dividing my pets power in 2, i m all for making the one i already have tougher.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Procs from 2 pets, having 2 pets to tank for you if you solo; if first pet dies, no problem, you still have another pet and the other pet's now boosted to 120% since you control only one pet now, you also would be less susceptible to snares with 2 extra pets, and if one of your pet is snared, the other is still mobile. etc

    - - - Updated - - -



    Stampeded has proven that a player can control more than one pets.

    If you don't like damage from beast as a BEAST mastery hunter, than BM isn't the right spec for you.
    Stampede pets u cant control. they will follow ur current pet, if u set ur current pet in passive, they will stop attacking too. In fact u dont have control over any extra pet in the system other than ur own permanent one.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Stampeded has proven that a player can control more than one pets.

    If you don't like damage from beast as a BEAST mastery hunter, than BM isn't the right spec for you.
    Stampede has proven nothing but that the devs can attach to a 'pet slot' (just to keep a name to that system) up to five pets, if anything. All the pets summoned, as anjan011 has pointed out, are just followers of your main, and not indipendent unities.

    As for the concept feedback, a Beast Master should master the beasts powers, not simply 'unleash the dogs' and watch them rip everything (assuming you do not consider Mr. Burns a Beast Master :P). The mastery of the beast mastery spec concept is, according to blizz intention, extraordinary taming skills. And as you pointed out in this very thread, is kinda crippling.
    However, as it is, I admit that BM spec is not for me... I feel it boring. But this doesn't mean I can't speak my opinion about it, nor that everything I think about it is invalid.
    'Reality is not what surrounds you, but what you do with what surrounds you.' - really smart someone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •