Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hello Mione,
    Nice idea with glider while you are "up in the sky" after cast. Thinking of leveling up engineering

Quote Originally Posted by versuslol View Post
    Hello every one.
    Decided to make a post here to share with others that Algalon can be soloed in 25 man mode almost by all classes right now.

As in 10 man it can be just zerged but in 25 man Algalon's HP pull is so big and the stack of debuff is a headacke.
    If you don't have any pet - it is a wipe... till now.

Link to Youtube: /watch?v=r9pRA9SBTQs

*REMARK STARTS*
    * Protection paladin had to solo Algalon in 25 man mode until Vengeance was fixed. Right now as tank you cannot stack vengeance with mess of mobs before Algalon.
    * I didn't find any proof that Algalon 25 man mode can be done now as Protection Paladin (or any tank class?).
    * I didn't find any proof that Retribution had killed Algalon 25 man mode solo...until today
    *REMARK ENDS*

The main problem of that solo-fight is stacks of "Phase Punch" that Algalon applies on his current target. When boss applies the 5th stack on his target - player will be phased into Astral world. Doing that solo if you are in Astral - it is a wipe that will reset the fight.
    Cause it is 25 man encounter - boss has a lot of HP so you can try to zerg him in 75 seconds (until 5th stack) or try to evade stacks.
    BUBBLE DOESN'T WORK!

This encounter in 25 man could be soloed by classes that has pets (warlocks, hunters, mages, monks with tiger, even shadow priests with Shadow Fiend) that helps to remove stacks from player by tanking the boss with pet.

As paladin we have only our Spirit of Ancient Kings but it is not a pet as it seems, it is just a buff (like a DK's Runic Weapon) so for Algalon it is NOTHING.

So we need:
    1) Quilen Statuette - Archaeology Trinket (wowhead: /item=89611)
    2) Hand of Salvation
    3) 170k+ dps

STRATEGY:
    (DO NOT USE ANY BURST FROM THE START!)
    - Just hit the boss and wait for 10-15 second until script will start the fight.
    - Use all your cooldowns when Algalon engages and burn him as much as you can. Don't forget to heal yourself, boss hits too much even on 90th level.
    - Continue to damage him until he applies 4th stack on you.
    - Use Quilen trinket when you get the 4th stack of "Phase Punch".
    - In 3-5 seconds before 5th "Phase Punch" - use HAND OF SALVATION on you - boss will start to hit Quilen and will apply the stack on it.
    - Kite the boss to the edge of the platform and wait until Algalon starts to cast "Big Bang".
    - As he starts - run away to the other side of platform and start to kite Algalon when he runs towards you.
    - If you succeed - stacks will drop right before Algalon applies new one.
    - From that point you have ~60 seconds to finish him.
    - PROFIT

P.S. - According to that strategy I suppose that all classes could kill Algalon 25 man mode if they have any ability to remove aggro...
    P.S.S - If you have any proof that Retribution did that in 25 man solo earlier than me - please reply - I'll change the video title =)
    P.S.S.S - Sorry for URL format, new here, have no rights to paste urls yet
    took me 2 seconds to go on google type alagon 25 man solo and I found proof it was already doable by a fire mage no less a long time ago... heres a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bwj5O5ii7g

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    took me 2 seconds to go on google type alagon 25 man solo and I found proof it was already doable by a fire mage no less a long time ago... heres a video
    Frost mage with water elemental as pet. That's what I was talking about.
    There is no zerg without stacks resetting in that video

Quote Originally Posted by vadya View Post
    With potions, flasks and drums of rage ... it's not really that far off if you're in 570+ gear.
    If this were true you could sit around for over 50 seconds after this 35 second burst and still average 400K dps.

It's not true. Numbers aren't just interchangeable; they have meaning, and inaccurate numbers aren't "sort of the same", it's wrong and misinformation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bwj5O5ii7g
    If your goal was actually researching this question rather than being dismissive you would have taken another 2 seconds and found that that kill is by a frost mage with a pet.

The problem that makes him hard to solo isn't doing 460k dps it's doing that while getting attacked (your casts are slowed) and you have to take the time to heal yourself further reducing your damage.

I can easily burst that as Ele over 75 seconds but not while having all my casts slowed and stopping to heal myself constantly.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!