Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

chaos bolt in arena

http://i.imgur.com/3yAcz1A.jpg

Im not crying there is no reason after all nobody will fix it but im posting this just from curiosity how is that consider normal ?

I like how you block out the rating and trying to ignore the fact that destro is not viable in high end 3v3 PURELY because chaos bolts are almost impossible to cast against a competent team.

Yeah man, especially with the 90 talent change,CB's aren't exactly easy to fire off. Given, I haven't played in a long time.. but still.

What rating is this, for the record?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    I like how you block out the rating and trying to ignore the fact that destro is not viable in high end 3v3 PURELY because chaos bolts are almost impossible to cast against a competent team.
    Are you stupid? Do you PvP at all? Yes, afflic may be overall better, but there are plenty of destros at high MMR, you coil 2 targets and cast chaos bolt=GG. Thugonomics, a multi rank 1 lock who streams, plays destro at like 2600 MMR.

that requires you to use coil (45 sec cd) with havoc (25 sec cd) on two people, have all your procs and dark soul up, the third person in a cc or somehow unable to interrupt and the 2 people coiled to have no trinket and the cbolt target to not have any kind of mitigation usable while coiled.

Compared to affli where you just faceroll your dots around the entire team and play "let's DR fear on the entire team", it's a bit more to setup and accomplish.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    and this is why i didnt level a lock this expansion!
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that is normal. I believe that the highest Chaos Bolt is like 5 mil or something in a raiding situation. 200k in PvP would be about 800-900k without any resilience, which is a bit below what a Chaos Bolt hits for in PvE situations with 550 ilvl. So, if a destro lock gets off a Chaos Bolt, be prepared to take a ton of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    for the record i never asked if casting chaos bold its easy or not i also sever said that the mmr was at the point that you can say its compettive and im really sure that if your team is stun by a shockwave of the warrior and there is no trinket there is time to cast a 3 sec spell
    back to my question now does 200k dmg from a single ability in arena consider something that is normal or not ?
    Last edited by mmoc209c357abe; 2014-05-21 at 01:28 AM.

I remember when chaos bolt almost did that much damage on MoP release in pvp. 80 ilvls later it finally caught back up to its shortlived glory. 200k isn't much since that's with all cd/trinks on a target with no defcd. in line with the burst other classes can putout in the same time frame. (Considering the cast time)

it's normal considering it requires that much setup

compare it to boomkins who just get random procs for 150k+ with instant cast dots and shamans getting 200k+ in lava burst procs with just proc trinket and unleash up.

First off, the enemy team had a warrior. He could have had skull banner for an additional 20%. He also plays with an rsham. I know they are common but it gives him both the mastery and spl power buff that isn't purgeable. He is almost as buffed as he can be in this situation. I know thats pretty common, but worth noting.

Secondly, and I am in no way defending destro, but it is really hard to get off. I play afflic so I can't talk, but my friend plays destro and against any team with a warrior, rogue, or sham (see everyone) its really really tough to get a good chaos bolt off. People see dark soul and go into panic def mode usually. He gets random ones for 100k off a bit but one that big? Rarely.

Thirdly, I got hit by a doublecrit stormblast for 220k in a 2s against war/enh yesterday. I would say thats a bit more ridiculous...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

200k for a 3 sec cast.

My lock took a 190k bladestorm tick the other day.

Hmm.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would be more worried about the big gray bar in the middle of your screen :O.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    200k for a 3 sec cast.

My lock took a 190k bladestorm tick the other day.

Hmm.
    well thats a lie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rottenpen View Post
    for the record i never asked if casting chaos bold its easy or not i also sever said that the mmr was at the point that you can say its compettive and im really sure that if your team is stun by a shockwave of the warrior and there is no trinket there is time to cast a 3 sec spell
    back to my question now does 200k dmg from a single ability in arena consider something that is normal or not ?
    If a warrior gets your whole team in a shockwave without trinkets you deserve to get hit for 200k+
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    With the state of PvP, and the investment you put into a Chaos Bolt, I think that that amount of damage is justifiable. You should've been aware of what was happening, and done something about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    With the state of PvP, and the investment you put into a Chaos Bolt, I think that that amount of damage is justifiable. You should've been aware of what was happening, and done something about it.
    People also have very huge health bars, like you get 600k health now, that spell is just one third of your life. I mean the number may look big but it is healable as long as you are at a safe health.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    well thats a lie
    If you say so!

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-0-0.html

Total % Affliction: 2.3%
    Destro: 4.2%

1800+ % Affliction: 5.4%
    Destro: 2.5%

You were saying?
    Erm, you kinda proved his point. "Aff is better, but there are still destro locks."

Not unheard of when the stars align.