Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    No they are not and they were removed for a reason.

    That's all there is to say.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  2. #122
    Account wide raid attunements would make a lot of sense. So of course it will never be implemented.
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

  3. #123
    Scarab Lord Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Teamwork? You're joking, right. People would do it once, maybe do it a couple of other times, and then the next people after that they'd say "Nope, not doin it again, go f&*^ yourself". I literally had to guilt trip a tank in my own guild by offering him gold to tank Shadow Labs. He felt awful. I had been looking for a group for that dungeon by that point for two WEEKS.
    Do not be so quick to judge your own experiences of guilds / team work in an expansion in the past as being universal experiences.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week we discuss Bill Cosby

  4. #124
    Raid attunements don't make sense in the current way that content is tiered.

  5. #125
    Wouldn't call attuments necessary.. but they do give a great questline and a goal to aim for.. whereas now its just hit max level, farms heroics a bit.. then start raiding.

    I'd really like something similar to attunements, something challenging that you just won't rollface, but something that can still be acessible.. rewards could be anything, doesnt have to be raid access.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Do not be so quick to judge your own experiences of guilds / team work in an expansion in the past as being universal experiences.
    This. If you have to pay guild members gold for help, you simply were in the wrong guild.
    Silence doesn't mean acceptance.
    Sometimes you have just no desire to discuss with idiots

    Personality: INTJ

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    No they are not and they were removed for a reason.

    That's all there is to say.
    That's a fine thing to say until you have to provide an example of the decision. The only one I know of I posted in the TBC attunement list thread. Other than that, I've not seen one nor has there been any serious discussion on it since the development of Cross Realm.

  8. #128
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,526
    Quote Originally Posted by KOREAN DAVE View Post
    Attunements kept every raid in an expansion relevant in each content patch. And because of the necessity to clear harder content, this encouraged guild alliances and social interaction between guilds to get attunements and clear higher tired raids, leading to a stronger community bond.
    ..and at that time under 500 000 raided. I was one of them and I loathed them because we constantly had to stop progressing and attune new raiders when old people quit for whatever reasons.

    Stop raising raids on the pedestal of the be all-end all. in Classic and TBC 95% of the subs never set a foot into them.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Templis View Post
    Raid attunements don't make sense in the current way that content is tiered.
    THIS!

    This is really the only reason I see the lack of a point with Attunements even though I like their existence.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ..and at that time under 500 000 raided. I was one of them and I loathed them because we constantly had to stop progressing and attune new raiders when old people quit for whatever reasons.

    Stop raising raids on the pedestal of the be all-end all. in Classic and TBC 95% of the subs never set a foot into them.
    But it made those who did raid a little special, even to those of us who didn't raid. I only ever did in to T5 in tbc and enjoyed talking to people who were in T6 and T6.5. It was something to aspire to achieving. Now it's not like that at all. Not even for new players I've talked to.

  10. #130
    I Liked the attuments of TBC. The problem was not the attunment. It was the content. Raid attunments made players fill epic for completing an epic quest line. The reward was entry into a raid. This made raiding more exclusive, but also epic. You earned your way into the raid. In TBC the attunments for BT was only a pain for 2 reasons. it required a skilled group of 25 to kill Vashj, and Kael'thas....and these bosses were hard. I look back on how many times I actually killed Kael'thas and Think it was less than 5-8. These bosses weren't farmed quite the way Sha of fear, or Lei'shen are/were. In with raiding content being more available I think attunment chains would have a good fit. In todays raiding environment It doesn't require 25 people to down a raid boss...and with the multiple raid difficulties the fights are not tuned necessary tuned for 25 very well geared players. Today's raiding environment would lend itself enough to make attunment quests not much of a hassel, but still maintain the fun and some minor exclusivity.

    Handful- 90 Hunter- Pocket Rockets - US Cenarius
    Renisis-90 Warrior- Pocket Rockets - US Cenarius
    Handfül-90 Hunter- Fortify- US Kel'Thuzad
    Renisis-90 Priest-US Aerie Peak

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Wouldn't call attuments necessary.. but they do give a great questline and a goal to aim for.. whereas now its just hit max level, farms heroics a bit.. then start raiding.
    While I think hard attunements of 'do every dungeon and scenario and then you can enter the raid! to enter the next raid! to enter the current raid with your friends! its fun! really!', are a completely outdated concept and a BAD IDEA...

    I think we could see more encouragement given to Soft Attunements. More Legendary quests that culminate in clearing a raid that provides rewards that are great when current, but maintain a certain level of desirability throughout the expansion. Tightening the itemlevel gap between tiers would go a far way towards this too. (note: NOT more legendaries... just flagging the quest as legendary so people know it will entail a lot more work then your average, go collect 10 boar butts quests)

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Do not be so quick to judge your own experiences of guilds / team work in an expansion in the past as being universal experiences.
    Now say the same to the people who have all the stories about how, "In my guild, attunements brought us all closer together and made us all best friends and I met my next two wives in attunement-farming groups and I really credit attunements for curing my dogs cancer."

  13. #133
    I have always agreed with Attunements.
    If they returned, I may return to Warcraft.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Do not be so quick to judge your own experiences of guilds / team work in an expansion in the past as being universal experiences.
    What you speak of would be exceptions, not norms.

  15. #135
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Titheon View Post
    I have always agreed with Attunements.
    If they returned, I may return to Warcraft.
    Attunements were a crappy concept carried over from Everquest. Remember when the world 1st Vash kill dropped 4 vials? Yes 4. It was intended. 7 weeks to attune your raid. That's EQ style where 5 keys would drop off a boss of your 40-60 man raid.

    Blizzard fixed that shortly after.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Renisis86 View Post
    I Liked the attuments of TBC. The problem was not the attunment. It was the content. Raid attunments made players fill epic for completing an epic quest line. The reward was entry into a raid. This made raiding more exclusive, but also epic. You earned your way into the raid. In TBC the attunments for BT was only a pain for 2 reasons. it required a skilled group of 25 to kill Vashj, and Kael'thas....and these bosses were hard. I look back on how many times I actually killed Kael'thas and Think it was less than 5-8. These bosses weren't farmed quite the way Sha of fear, or Lei'shen are/were. In with raiding content being more available I think attunment chains would have a good fit. In todays raiding environment It doesn't require 25 people to down a raid boss...and with the multiple raid difficulties the fights are not tuned necessary tuned for 25 very well geared players. Today's raiding environment would lend itself enough to make attunment quests not much of a hassel, but still maintain the fun and some minor exclusivity.
    The problem here is that any idiot can complete a quest, none of the attunements were ever difficult. This meant that your raid team was more likely composed of players who had the time to complete the quests, rather than those who were actually sufficiently skilled to complete the content, as one is not a pre-requisite for the other as attunement proponents seem to believe and propogate as truth. And that is why so few players managed to set foot inside the raids. Those who had both skills and attunements simply got poached.

  17. #137
    Stood in the Fire Zhira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The problem here is that any idiot can complete a quest, none of the attunements were ever difficult. This meant that your raid team was more likely composed of players who had the time to complete the quests, rather than those who were actually sufficiently skilled to complete the content, as one is not a pre-requisite for the other as attunement proponents seem to believe and propogate as truth. And that is why so few players managed to set foot inside the raids. Those who had both skills and attunements simply got poached.
    Not quite true. As far as I know you had to kill Kael'Thas before you could enter MH. This was a c*ckblock for many guilds.

    Or am I completely mistaken? I remember him as pretty hard to begin with.

    Z.
    LotRO - Zhira @ Snowbourn - L95 Man Burglar
    Rift - Zhira @ Zaviel - L60 Guardian Rogue
    WoW - Zhilas @ Draenor - L90 Goblin Rogue

    "...some cheese for your whine ?"

  18. #138
    Those quest were fun and had a lot of lore put into them. That's what made them good as quests, but as gating mechanic it was awful and all it did was screw up the whole system. I'd love to see that kind of quests come back to raids, but not the mandatory attunement part of them.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhira View Post
    Not quite true. As far as I know you had to kill Kael'Thas before you could enter MH. This was a c*ckblock for many guilds.

    Or am I completely mistaken? I remember him as pretty hard to begin with.

    Z.
    And to enter TK you had to complete a whole bunch of long winded quests, which is my point: Completing the quests wasn't hard, it just cut the numbers of people available to access the raid, and those people were not filtered by ability but rather by time /played. If you're taking the people you can, instead of the people you need, of course you're going to find it significantly harder. And that is the position most guilds were in and that is why they found it a cockblock.

    Attunements do nothing to gate by ability, they never have and never will.

  20. #140
    In TBC I loved the Karazhan attunement. If they would do a questline like that again I would gladly welcome it. I like the idea of a silver medal requirement in a role for doing random HCs, but it'd be nice if raids had an introductory questline like Karazhan did, and the attunement could be account wide this time around.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •