Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Keeping old content relevant served no purpose what so ever. It was a huge burden as vast majority did not want to go back to stuff they have already done for months. I can agree the idea of doing a quest chain as whole guild is fun but that should be a one time thing for a guild. Attuning every new person in guild is not fun.

Actually there is an easy solution. Make it required for raid leader to be attuned. That way a guild can attune several people so they can raid and everyone else can do the chain optionally. Not like the technology isn't there already as you need one person to complete normal to enter heroic.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2014-05-08 at 08:14 AM.

I think non-raid required attunements are perfectly ok. What I mean by that is something that an alt or new player can accomplish on there own without requiring a raid group to go back and carry people though older content should be in place. When you require a player to kill the last boss of raid T14 to get into T15 it limits the ability of so many people getting into T15 (because let us be honest, how many times have you cleared ToT since SoO came out?) that it hurts everyone across the board. Of course you could work around this with LFR, but than is it really an attunement or is it just getting dragged though the mud.

Why couldn't they have the attunement quests without the actual attunement component? Just a "Hey, here's a cool, optional quest chain that gives you a nice backstory."

Deleted
    Some people seem to have forgotten why people did all vanilla tier raids even if they were further into tiers. You know what that was? Tier sets spread over previous tiers.

Vanilla Ragnaros being T1 boss also dropped T2 pants
    Onyxia being T1 boss also dropped T2 Helmet. There used to be a saying "Onyxia gives epic head"

Attunements were not the only reason to go back doing old tiers.
    I think Blizz should try doing this again.
    Allow final bosses in raid wings to drop next tier loot as to give incentive to do them even though you progressed further.
    Or hey! Where is my VoA/BH? one dungeon, many tiers, where did that run off?
    Tier progression worked in Vanilla because there were no definitive boarders between tiers.
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2014-05-07 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOREAN DAVE View Post
    Attunements kept every raid in an expansion relevant in each content patch. And because of the necessity to clear harder content, this encouraged guild alliances and social interaction between guilds to get attunements and clear higher tired raids, leading to a stronger community bond.
    Wrong, it encouraged guild poaching and a bad stigma towards people that tried to apply for raiding guilds without being attuned to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    The reality was TBC had no ways to catch up if you started later on in the TBC expansion. Attunements slowed that down even further. That was why they were removed. It was a hassle and pointless to keep in.
    I love when people say this up until you go and actually look at what the attunements ACTUALLY were. Once you do that, the only person thinking it is "unreasonable" is a fucking baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade Paladin View Post
    Wrong, it encouraged guild poaching and a bad stigma towards people that tried to apply for raiding guilds without being attuned to everything.
    Who says guild poaching?? You honestly think it doesn't happen now? It happened to two guilds at my server in Wrath. One poached the other. Holy shit you people repeat the same stuff don't you. It occurs even to this day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attunements were easily one of the best things this game ever had, anymore... raiding doesn't really matter as much, cuz everyone can do it (yes, lfr is raiding) and those that might be more inclined to do "real raiding", don't and won't, cuz they've already did it - and there is little point in doing it again but on a harder setting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Who says guild poaching?? You honestly think it doesn't happen now? It happened to two guilds at my server in Wrath. One poached the other. Holy shit you people repeat the same stuff don't you. It occurs even to this day.
    It happens less now days because the design doesn't force such devastatingly destructive churn on a server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d0cHolland View Post
    Why couldn't they have the attunement quests without the actual attunement component? Just a "Hey, here's a cool, optional quest chain that gives you a nice backstory."
    That would be cool. Maybe have it reward something like bonus tokens, or a teleport-to-dungeon-entrance vanity item for flavor.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    It happens less now days because the design doesn't force such devastatingly destructive churn on a server.
    How doesn't it. You do realize this problem is for the players, not the developer. Right? God damn it, Blizzard thought it was their own system that caused this but I saw it happen in Cataclysm and I didn't play much in MoP but I am 100% sure it happens still. People do this, the system doesn't force it to happen.

This whole hypocrisy is insane. How can you people not understand. They have removed so much requirements to even raid. The only attunement most players need now, and the problem Blizzard created, is gear. Gear is so much powerful now then it was back at TBC or Vanilla. People want high ilevel 550 req. to even raid normals or a legendary cloak to even raid in heroic guilds. Back in TBC, all I could remember was people hoping to god you come in enchanted fully and geared to the requirement, usually some epics and blues of 110+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking Skull: "Welcome, mortal. Are you here at Scholomance to bring an End to the Suffering?"
    Dkpwnface: "Yep, just want to cross that achieve off the list."
    Talking Skull: "Excellent! Now, enter the dark university, find Darkmaster Gandling, and...wait, what's your Reputation with the Argent Dawn?"
    Dkpwnface: "Hmm? Oh, neutral I guess. I mostly PvP."
    Talking Skull: "Oh, I guess you'll have to come back later. Get at least Honored, then I'll give you the next --"
    Dkpwnface: "What? You're turning down my help? Because I didn't do a bunch of grinding quests?"
    Talking Skull: "It's for your own protection. I have to be sure you're ready for the challenges within."
    Dkpwnface: "I'm fully decked out in Season 15 gear! I could solo this place, easily!"
    Talking Skull: "PvP gear? Ouch. Yeah, you're totally not ready for this."
    Dkpwnface: "IT HAS THE SAME STAT BUDGET as PvE gear!"
    Unfortunately-Flagged Level 41 Gnome: "Mr. Skull, could I accept the--"
    Talking Skull: "Hold on a second shorty, I'll be right with you. Listen here, you clearly don't know what you're getting yourself into. Without the full and rich backstory of Lilian Voss, there's no chance you'd appreciate the depth of the atmosphere of the five bosses within, two of which don't even mention Lilian in any way at all. So you're going to come back with Honored Argent Dawn, after which I'll give you the first two quests to get the key to normal mode --"
    Dkpwnface: "Normal mode is a level 40 instance!"
    Talking Skull: "So that won't take you long at all, will it? After you do normal mode, you'll be allowed to purchase the key for Heroic Mode, from the --"
    Dkpwnface: "You can't be serious! I literally have the firepower and armor of a 21st-century light tank. I'm even carrying a bag full of engineering high explosives! See, watch!"
    Unfortunately-Flagged Level 41 Gnome: "What's he doWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH"
    Smoldering bits of gnome are found in nearby continents.
    Talking Skull: "You're just going to have to accept that I'm not letting you inside the instance until you've proven yourself worthy by spending a few hours running fetch quests, followed by spending a small fortune. Oh, and that goes for your friends too. It really slows down the LFD process, too!"
    Dkpwnface: "You know what? I think I've found another achievement I'd rather have instead."
    *shhhinnnng*
    Talking Skull: "Wait, what are you do--"
    Dkpwnface: "Runestrike!"
    *VORCH*
    Dkpwnface has received the "Skullf***er" Achievement, for 10 points!
    Last edited by Breccia; 2014-05-07 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    While I do not think that attunements should make a return in the form they previously
    had, I do think that some form of them should return.
    For example: Before entering LFR, you must have either done this quest chain, or have
    done the raid on another character. (Downing the boss or doing the quest chain unlocks
    it account-wide. Also could just be for fun overall, or required for all difficulties.)
    The quest chain would not require previous raids or things from them, instead it could
    require things from around certain zones, or the most recently added dungeons. The
    chain would be able to be completed on multiple characters, but it wouldn't be required.

-IE: Past the first time, it's just for funsies.

(PS: I do in fact use LFR.)
    So.. in WoD you want one of the two gearing methods to enter Normal to be locked to having done the raid on another character... meaning the first character HAS to do Heroic Dungeons and doesn't get a choice? Why do people keep forgetting that LFR is going to be an alternate gearing method to H Dungeons?

Deleted
    No they are not and they were removed for a reason.

That's all there is to say.

Account wide raid attunements would make a lot of sense. So of course it will never be implemented.
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Teamwork? You're joking, right. People would do it once, maybe do it a couple of other times, and then the next people after that they'd say "Nope, not doin it again, go f&*^ yourself". I literally had to guilt trip a tank in my own guild by offering him gold to tank Shadow Labs. He felt awful. I had been looking for a group for that dungeon by that point for two WEEKS.
    Do not be so quick to judge your own experiences of guilds / team work in an expansion in the past as being universal experiences.
    Hi

Raid attunements don't make sense in the current way that content is tiered.

Wouldn't call attuments necessary.. but they do give a great questline and a goal to aim for.. whereas now its just hit max level, farms heroics a bit.. then start raiding.

I'd really like something similar to attunements, something challenging that you just won't rollface, but something that can still be acessible.. rewards could be anything, doesnt have to be raid access.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Do not be so quick to judge your own experiences of guilds / team work in an expansion in the past as being universal experiences.
    This. If you have to pay guild members gold for help, you simply were in the wrong guild.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    No they are not and they were removed for a reason.

That's all there is to say.
    That's a fine thing to say until you have to provide an example of the decision. The only one I know of I posted in the TBC attunement list thread. Other than that, I've not seen one nor has there been any serious discussion on it since the development of Cross Realm.