Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    3. Thok - For Thok, I'd make two changes. One, I'd reduce the damage of the poison by some amount. Hard to say how much. Two, I'd reduce Thok's health by a bit, probably by 5% (but 5% based on his TRUE total health, i.e. what his max life is plus the health he gets from healing up when he eats the Saurok, Jinyu, and Yaungol NPCs). With Thok the interesting thing is that guilds can more fluidly shift what becomes easier about the fight BASED on the health than they normally can when health gets knocked off a typical raid encounter. A guild on Thok can choose to cut each phase a little shorter, or choose to only reduce the time they remain in one phase, maybe changing their needs for cooldowns and shifting cooldown usage. Now, 5% is still just 5%. I have zero doubts that guilds would still find Thok -5% and with a bit less poison damage still much harder than Spoils. But I think the spike would seem less dramatic.
    In other words nerf Shadow's utility on one of the few fights where it is amazing and what we are apparently balanced around. I'm for this suggestion, if I can get some more DPS in return. How about a 15% buff to SWP?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    I would like to see the uber enrage at 30 stacks on thok be removed. It's ridiculous but our healers stop healing on 24-25 but because it's a resto shaman with crazy smart heals and disc priest with crazy bubbles we wipe to it.
    They shouldn't really remove it, but simply have it ramp up by like 10% per roar, instead of +100% (or more?) instantly. You'd still get a chance to "recover" from "healing too well", but wouldn't be able to stretch the phase indefinitely. It's such a freaking nuisance when you get too many Divine Star crits and can't properly transition - not too mention highly reliant on SLT anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    10M are less likely to have warforged. Making them drop at 25M raid rate (at this point) might be something they could consider. It would have a very small effect though.
    Didn't Blizzard buff WF droprate in 10?

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to see the uber enrage at 30 stacks on thok be removed. It's ridiculous but our healers stop healing on 24-25 but because it's a resto shaman with crazy smart heals and disc priest with crazy bubbles we wipe to it.
    That is a L2P issue in the form of stop HPS whoring. If your resto shaman and disc priest want to, they can make sure you do not wipe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Treghell View Post
    They could fix Kaz'tik the Manipulator on klaxxi hc, since i have to allways ask for shield before using ks. When you use it without shield and feint, you will constantly die. otherwise i quess content is allready too easy.
    That is an intended design of KS, certainly not the only one. It sucks sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysuggest View Post
    You cant really improve as a team because raiders are quiting then you have to keep recruiting newbies. Then you have to start back over from scratch. Then if someone else quits, which is likely in May 2014, you have to start over again and again.

I take it you have a stable raid team or you are already done with the tier? Gratz because you have no idea how frustrating it is to try and push this late in the tier.

If content last for over a year, I shouldn't have to go back in time to when the content was fresh just to get a stable raid team. I should be able to begin pushing mid tier and still make progress.

If this is the punishment for starting the tier later than others then what's the point of having a long tier in the first place?
    The fact that you can't maintain a raid team is not an indicator of encounter difficulty. It's an indicator of the type of players you attract. However, I imagine that toward the end of the tier you'll get your participation trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    The fact that you can't maintain a raid team is not an indicator of encounter difficulty. It's an indicator of the type of players you attract. However, I imagine that toward the end of the tier you'll get your participation trophy.
    exept guilds which recruit now dont really have much choice - its either to recruit "tourists" or cancel raids - those who are good jump straight to 14/14 hc teams which prepare for mythic and tranition to 25 man - those who are 13/14 hc and below have no choice but to recruit people from failed "transition to 25 hc while being below 10/14 hc " - its semi ok for those who dont feel any ties to their guilds and treat guilds just as tool to jump higher - but most of those who are recrutied when seen absurd clusterfuck that siegecrafter is just cba with it and give up - which is ok for now - but in 3-4 months there will be no lesser progressed guilds to cannibalize anymore and we should see what will happen personally cant wait to see how this tier will end how many guilds will die before 6.0 even introduce mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    I wouldn't reduce damage of the poison unless it's the initial hit and again I opted for frequency.
    Yeah, it's more the initial damage that I'd be talking about. Frequency is probably a better route though.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    In other words nerf Shadow's utility on one of the few fights where it is amazing and what we are apparently balanced around. I'm for this suggestion, if I can get some more DPS in return. How about a 15% buff to SWP?
    I'm okay with buffing shadow priest, but much like Blizzard's April Fool's patch notes, I'd only accept buffing them to the point where they are ALMOST as good as warlocks.

With all those nerfs you might as well just call the bosses normal mode.

Deleted
    BREAKING NEWS - NERF VIA PLAYER BUFFS INC:

In an upcoming patch you will be able to upgrade your gear 2 more times, and buy valor for Timeless Coins!

So itemlevels from upgrading your already upgraded gear will be as following from normal to heroic warforged:

561 = 569
    567 = 575
    574 = 582
    580 = 588

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10495063711

I guess that makes this thread rather redundant

amybe not nesseserily removed bu upped to 40-50 stacks -_- (hell even uping it to 40 stacks would be huge nerf to encounter )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mbison View Post
    BREAKING NEWS - NERF VIA PLAYER BUFFS INC:

In an upcoming patch you will be able to upgrade your gear 2 more times, and buy valor for Timeless Coins!

So itemlevels from upgrading your already upgraded gear will be as following from normal to heroic warforged:

561 = 569
    567 = 575
    574 = 582
    580 = 588

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10495063711

I guess that makes this thread rather redundant
    not bragging but its one of things i was suggesting this will be huge help to many many guilds
    im so gonan resub at some point just to bump my itlv to 586 ^^

sweet, we get to do western 25H bosses in Asian 25H gear, but don't have to deal with bosses dealing and taking 5-10% more damage, seems pretty nice

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Didn't Blizzard buff WF droprate in 10?

- - - Updated - - -
    I don't think so. I have killed 188 Heroic 10-man bosses this tier and have 4 HWF pieces. And I am the only clothie in my raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jellog View Post
    I've always liked the idea of very slowly scaling Warforged droprates up - even if it's something like 2% per week.

They should add a gong to Galakras that you can click to make the fight go faster.
    They are nice to have, but not at all necessary to kill heroic bosses.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellog View Post
    They should add a gong to Galakras that you can click to make the fight go faster.
    Haha how would that work? Players hit the gong for next add-wave to come?

"-Okay guys you can come now we're ready!!"

Deleted

That's exactly what happens in one of the CM dungeons yes.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

You carry the explosives to help the goblins/gnomes blow up the doors. Make it a full time task that prevents the use of combat abilities and it's not only "balanced" by droping one (or more) players from the add duty, but also fits with the encounter theme.

Gong would simply be easier to do.

'Course, it probably won't happen anyway, since it would "confuse new players" or something.

Deleted
    Oh I didnt know that about the CMs, that would indeed be pretty cool.

Oh I didnt know that about the CMs, that would indeed be pretty cool.
    It's only in Siege of Niuzao Temple, and got added to the Normal version a few weeks ago.

Iron Juggernaut: You can no longer be hit by the same sawblade twice in less than a second.
    Nazgrim: The warshamans no longer randomly crit people for 900k
    Siegecrafter: crawler mines now activate upon landing, and no longer walk right through the mages ring of frost and be a major PITA

10+ Year Old Account
    None of these bosses need the nerfs. It's Thok, Blackfuse, Paragons, and Garrosh that need it. +8 ilvls won't make up for summer burnout, not filling groups, and the only recruits you can find are L90 boosts or people who never bothered to get a cloak.

Trust me, those people aren't going to be maximized or VP capping. +8 ilvls isn't helpful at all except to those (I among them) that are already 580 and can just upgrade their gear.

There was no logic whatsoever in this change as a way to 'help' struggling guilds. We're 11/14H and have been since November. Not asking the game to be designed around us, but we've repeated Thok only when our healers make the raid, and we don't get further because of callouts and recruits that do 1/4th of the DPS our veterans do.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    None of these bosses need the nerfs. It's Thok, Blackfuse, Paragons, and Garrosh that need it. +8 ilvls won't make up for summer burnout, not filling groups, and the only recruits you can find are L90 boosts or people who never bothered to get a cloak.

Trust me, those people aren't going to be maximized or VP capping. +8 ilvls isn't helpful at all except to those (I among them) that are already 580 and can just upgrade their gear.

There was no logic whatsoever in this change as a way to 'help' struggling guilds. We're 11/14H and have been since November. Not asking the game to be designed around us, but we've repeated Thok only when our healers make the raid, and we don't get further because of callouts and recruits that do 1/4th of the DPS our veterans do.
    I think you are under estimating how much of an increase this is, an extra 8 ilvls at this level is about 12% extra DPS per person.

If you've burned through a lot of your raiders because of limited progression then you have to resign yourself to training up new ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's clearly time for nerfs. People have had almost a year to kill Garrosh on heroic and normal. If you couldn't then too bad. Take the help and kill him. Don't be selfish and expect the majority of people to suffer because you want your achievement.