Thread: Do you vote?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I vote but only because I have too, lucky enough I have to work next election so I can't go vote.

I've never voted, now in my mid 30s. However, if there was ever anyone I felt deserved my vote, I would go register tomorrow and vote for them when the time comes.

Deleted
    Last time the party with the majority of votes won they just got kicked out by other parties joining together grouping up their votes. What's the point in me voting if my vote can just be made useless by multiple parties joining together even though they lost.

Added to that, politics don't interest me (I'm 22...not that it matters that much). Probably because of the faulty system, I'm supportive of democracy, but in Belgium it's just 1 giant scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    As a self-identified liberal in Southern California, I do not bother in most elections. Short of Republicans suddenly taking over in CA, my vote literally has zero impact on anything. If I lived in a more politically neutral state I'd vote. I feel like I should feel bad about that; but I'm much too cynical to care.
    Prop 8.

Start voting.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Prop 8.

Start voting.
    I was living in CO at the time. But you are right. That's an excellent example of how a conservative group can slip a bill in if they're smart about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    im sure voting for a system of corrupt human beings who only care about money and corporations will certainly help aka the entirety of congress and the president. there is no point. the entire system is bought and paid for.
    Well, my stance on that is... Stop bitching and take it if you aren't going to do anything about it. Apparently things aren't bad enough for you to do anything about it, so you've no reason to complain.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

yes and i have little to no respect for those that don't. And if they complain about any policy and don't vote oh well i'll them to stfu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    As a self-identified liberal in Southern California, I do not bother in most elections. Short of Republicans suddenly taking over in CA, my vote literally has zero impact on anything. If I lived in a more politically neutral state I'd vote. I feel like I should feel bad about that; but I'm much too cynical to care.
    California, in particular, this is very untrue. Propositions and other ballot measures have a huge impact, beyond simply who the person you voted for.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote, and I always vote for the politician that is not in some big "party", but stands for my ideals of progress. Even if the Democratic party says they are, you know they are not. In this great country that we so live in (people of the us)... democrats and republicans are exactly the same. Their end goal is the same, and its going to bankrupt the nation to the point a little anarchy is better than our current idiots in office. Greed is such a powerful tool =.=

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    I vote, and I always vote for the politician that is not in some big "party", but stands for my ideals of progress. Even if the Democratic party says they are, you know they are not. In this great country that we so live in (people of the us)... democrats and republicans are exactly the same. Their end goal is the same, and its going to bankrupt the nation to the point a little anarchy is better than our current idiots in office. Greed is such a powerful tool =.=
    Only there is no one on the Democratic side nearly as crazy as the Tea Partiers of the Republicans. The problem is more with how the Dems let the Republicans define them.

Deleted
    For those saying voting doesn't matter (except the ones talking about "corrupt politicians"), note that the Liberal Party in Sweden in the 2010 elections were 16 votes from gaining majority in the Swedish parliament, so your vote does matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    Only there is no one on the Democratic side nearly as crazy as the Tea Partiers of the Republicans. The problem is more with how the Dems let the Republicans define them.
    There are, from the perspective of the crazy right. Occupy, and stuff?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well, my stance on that is... Stop bitching and take it if you aren't going to do anything about it. Apparently things aren't bad enough for you to do anything about it, so you've no reason to complain.
    last time i voted i got a governor who ruined our state by crippling unions and blocking expanded medicare and wants to strip benefits from single mothers. but please keep going on about stuff you have no clue about.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    There are, from the perspective of the crazy right. Occupy, and stuff?
    Don't really see how you can associate Occupy with the Democratic Party...

last time i voted i got a governor who ruined our state by crippling unions and blocking expanded medicare and wants to strip benefits from single mothers. but please keep going on about stuff you have no clue about.
    But how does not voting anymore help to change the situation? If less people held this attitude then America would be far different. A vote less for the other guy is just as good has a vote for you.
    Last edited by xChurch; 2014-05-05 at 05:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I have voted in every presidential election since I was 18. I don't usually vote in local elections as I am not usually considered a resident of where I am living.

Always. Not because I need to, I just have an interest in politics.

Nope. Never have, never will.

Voting is mandatory here (Australia), so yes I vote. :P

Nope. When I first reached voting age, I'll admit I was sucked in to the hype of being able to take part in this whole democratic process of electing presidents and what not; something I used to think only responsible grown-ups took part in. That was until I realized how meaningless it all is.

This two-party system we operate under doesn't offer me enough choice other than option 'A' or option 'B' - both of which seem eerily similar to one another when you really look at the bigger picture.

I'd like to think that a country's problems and solutions are a little more complex than a simple game of 'the guy wearing the blue tie' vs. 'the guy wearing the red tie'. So nah. I don't waste my time, and I certainly have no desire to participate or encourage this system.

This video pretty much sums up how I feel about voting. (note: It's from an American point of view, so it may not apply to everywhere else)

Last edited by OneSent; 2014-05-05 at 06:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No...never...I don't care for politics in the least.