Odd problem with semi-random lagspikes

So, I have a really strange problem that has been going on for the past few months which has stymied all my efforts to try and solve it.

Every so often, with no pattern that I can tell ... I get random lagspikes in my computer games. I've observed this happening in at least World of Warcraft, StarCraft 2, and Final Fantasy XIV. However, these lagspikes follow a pattern - they always last EXACTLY five seconds and happen in sets of three, back-to-back. In-game, this manifests as everything suddenly going still, then a severe rubberband five seconds later, and repeat twice. This is especially aggravating since it seems to happen completely randomly with no discernable pattern between occurrences, and yet when it does happen always follows without fail the pattern described above. Sometimes I experience three of these lagspikes in five minutes, sometimes I can play for hours without seeing it occur.

Still more strangely, this seems to affect other forms of online communication unevenly. Mumble and other voicechats work perfectly fine during such lagspikes, but webpages load erratically or sometimes not at all. It's not an issue with the memory or the graphics card so far as I can tell since framerate stays fine during these lagspikes, and they've never happened in single-player games like Street Fighter IV or Age of Wonders III.

At first I thought it might be a driver problem, but updating all my drivers to the latest version hasn't affected performance any.

Installing Leatrix Latency Fixer 3 hasn't seemed to help either.

Computer specs:

- Windows 7 Home 64-bit, Service Pack 1
    - Core i5-2500K 3.30 GHz
    - 24 GB RAM (16 used)
    - GeForce 560 Ti
    - RealTek GBE network controller, connected through a land line

Any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    first thing to try is to restore the pc to an older point it might be something you downloaded

2nd try to install 1 of those softwares that read internet traffic aka "what happened to me " just to go back and see what happened and what might be the cause, i cant give a name cuz the 1 i have comes with the motherboard

my english isnt that good but hope it works out