Poll: What will you do during your WoW vacation?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question The Great Pre-Expansion Vacation!

Hello everyone!

It's that time of a WoW expansion again when there is - believe it or not - no new game content for at least six whole months! (Unless Blizzard pulls a Ruby Sanctum, which is unlikely). Yep, that's right, we have entered...the Great Pre-Expansion Vacation (Aka, the Great Post-Expansion Vacation yet again! Oh? "What is the 'Great Pre-Expansion Vacation' you say?" Well, my dear friend, it is that time when players decide to take a little break from saving the world insane princes, elf-demons, demigodlike Death Knights, angry dragons and visionary orcs. It's the time when we just simply leave Azeroth, saved from imminent destruction yet again, to go enjoy ourselves in other realities; perhaps catching up on television or books, going out into the world to do things that we've never done, or finally setting aside the time to play that game we pre-ordered years ago but were too busy in Azeroth to play it.

Ofcourse, not all people will leave the World of Warcraft for this time; for some people this is a convenient time to just indulge one'self in some juicy PvP, power level our platoon of alts, or just kick back and relax in evening RP events. No, not all will leave, but now that Azeroth has been saved yet again, most people will now take advantage of this once-in-an-expansion opportunity to do other things.

What will you do during your WoW vacation?
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2014-05-05 at 05:08 AM.

was this your way of telling us you're quitting until Warlords while simultaneously bitching about the lack of content?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    was this your way of telling us you're quitting until Warlords while simultaneously bitching about the lack of content?
    No, I'm still involved in WoW through Moon Guard's RP and RP-PvP events, but mainly I'm gonna be spending that time traveling around the country and experiencing real life once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Poll lacks a 'no vacation' option.
    This

I already have taken 12 months off wow during MoP, i am actually enjoying it again.

Already working on some alts and RPing!
    Your PC needs to check itself. *BSOD*

10+ Year Old Account
    i would have went with, im quitting how about you guys ?

Alt-ing, other games, trying other specs, reading, theatre, but mostly reducing wow to just enough to keep my hand in and my friends list/guild active until WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooliganz View Post
    i would have went with, im quitting how about you guys ?
    Well, the question wasn't about whether or not you were quitting WoW; it was about what are you going to do in the mean time.

you're in the wrong forum, criticizing WoW or anything with even a slight negative vibe about the game is not allowed here

-Madly trying to get CMs done on all the characters I want (up to 8x9/9, not sure how many more I'll do).
    -Finish all achievements I wanted from MoP (still heaps to go).
    -Complete SoO on at least NM (quit raiding back near start of MoP for lack of time).
    -Might even finish leveling my remaining alts. I'm only about 5 off my goal of 22 level 90s, and two of them are 85+

So in short, no vacation for me. Though if the pressure comes off I'll take the opportunity to play some of the hundreds of games on my Steam account - or god forbid, play my PS3 that's gathering dust.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    you're in the wrong forum, criticizing WoW or anything with even a slight negative vibe about the game is not allowed here
    Yeah sure okay. LOL.

I see you're new here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

it was about what are you going to do in the mean time.
    Last edited by gahlmanwoa; 2014-05-05 at 05:48 AM.

Well I still have stuff to do (doing CMs, achievements, hitting 588 ilvl, run BGs gather HKs) so no content doesn't affect me that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

7+ Year Old Account
    I actually just came back,

I still have plenty to do . many achievements to get , guild still only 8/14 normal ( raid about one every 3 week for a couple of hours -sigh ) more gold to be made etc

no new game content for at least six whole months!
    It's longer than that >.< Although it might not be 6 months from today until WoD release....hopefully not, anyways. Anyway, I dusted off my druid on my Alliance server and have been pvping, although PvP is pretty painful right now. Might just catch up on achievements.

Will probably be taking a break from the game once Wildstar comes out.

Deleted
    Last night i completed 9/9 gold cm on my pally which was the last char i wanted cm sets on, besides that i barely log in on wow. university exams are getting closer, alot of projects to finish at uni and the weather is nice so going for a beer few times a week with some buddies aint too bad

Thanks to blizzard I had the time to watch all 3 seasons of homeland, get engaged and play through shadow run returns!

Wanted to achieve world peace too, but then I found the bigger bag achievement
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

All of the above except anything relating to real life.

Work. Play Hearthstone. Pretty much it.

This pre-expansion period is especially horrible for me this time round. I foolishly spent the duration of MoP leveling all the alts I wanted and I very nearly almost have all the achievements done with the only exception being PvP achievements.. Of which I have many left to earn.

Might roll a PvP alt later in the year, but for the meantime, I'm going to focus on my career.

Deleted
    i voted "enjoy real life", which in my case means that i get off my lazy fat ass and finally start working out regularly and do some heavy weight-losing.

although i still want to do CMs on my paladin to finish them up on all classes, but tbh am not really motivated to do it >_>