Poll: What do you think about team deathmatch BG in WoW?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Team Death Match Style Battleground?

So on mmo-c's front page they posted the dev interviews. One guy asked if they'll ever do a battleground where whichever team gets the most kills in a set time limit wins, the response was "you never know."

Basically he wants a team deathmatch but WoW style.

I'm making this a poll but feel free to post comments / thoughts.

Edit: I obtusely named call of duty as the only form of team death match in the video game world for my poll / thread title, feel free to ignore that specific detail if it is to your chagrin, consider it redacted.

Mod-note: Changed the title to fit better.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-05-05 at 08:32 AM.
    "By the water side I will rest my bones."

I'm pretty sure thats just called a team deathmatch, but whatever gets peoples attention i guess...

Wouldn't really work in Wow.

Some classes are harder to kill than others, so the outcome of the match would ultimately be decided by class composition alone.

Well, wouldnt that be like a 10v10 arena match, with death spawners?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time in random BGs people are just fighting in the middle not worrying about the actual game anyway, so why the hell not. I myself prob wouldn't que for it but i wouldnt be butt hurt if they added it in.

each team gets 2000 reinforcements. each one of these reinforcements is a player life. as you die, 1 point gets subtracted. you can gain boosts to your reinforcements by defending your tower, but if they are destroyed, you no longer recover reinforcements. you only have 1 tower to guard. would be pretty interesting honestly...

OP implying Call of Duty invented Team Deathmatch.

Team death match is not unique to CoD nor was it invented there.

Quote Originally Posted by AdaptValkyrie View Post
    Team death match is not unique to CoD nor was it invented there.
    You are all certainly right and I do apologize for the unjust implication, I guess it just struck my mind as the most relatable example most folks would be familiar with.

Call of duty did not invent team death match, thanks for the clarification, please continue with the constructive discussion. Ill edit the original post, though I don't believe I can change the poll.
    Last edited by MurphyLaw; 2014-05-04 at 10:11 PM.

I have wanted this for a very long time both types no respawn and respawn.

I know many are against no respawn cause of fact they may have to wait 3 to 5 minutes doing nothing but it's simple to me die less lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by criminon View Post
    each team gets 2000 reinforcements. each one of these reinforcements is a player life. as you die, 1 point gets subtracted. you can gain boosts to your reinforcements by defending your tower, but if they are destroyed, you no longer recover reinforcements. you only have 1 tower to guard. would be pretty interesting honestly...
    Think that's not far off how AV already works.

What the hell does team deathmatch have to do with COD? Ya know back when arcade style FPS shooter were good, Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament... and even before that golden age we had Team Deathmatch (or just plain free for all deathmatch). Implying that it's like "COD" is just dirty and yucky and going to paint a negative picture.

It could work, but a lot of BG's work a bit like this anyway so you're just removing a layer of complexity, a 10v10 arena style BG could be funny I suppose, but meh.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Wouldn't really work in Wow.

Some classes are harder to kill than others, so the outcome of the match would ultimately be decided by class composition alone.
    I think it would work if there were maps designed specifically for it. Obviously the wide open spaces we have currently wouldn't work very well for TDM style game.

However, something more closed in offering beneficial locations for both ranged and melee spread strategically could prove to be fun. Being able to cut off areas or funnel enemies into different locations for ambush, etc. could be fun.

But a TDM style game on any current maps would pretty much be shit.

Do this and set it in the original Battle for Gilneas, the urban version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    What the hell does team deathmatch have to do with COD? Ya know back when arcade style FPS shooter were good, Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament... and even before that golden age we had Team Deathmatch (or just plain free for all deathmatch). Implying that it's like "COD" is just dirty and yucky and going to paint a negative picture.

It could work, but a lot of BG's work a bit like this anyway so you're just removing a layer of complexity, a 10v10 arena style BG could be funny I suppose, but meh.
    Thanks for your input but we've already confirmed COD doesn't have exclusive rights to team death match, the original post has already been edited to note my error. I get it, you're totally affronted by my lack of gaming awareness, it was a slip up but come on everyone knows what I mean when I say it. I coulda said Halo or whatever else COD is just a familiar one.
    Last edited by MurphyLaw; 2014-05-05 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This BG would also be dependant on PVP Balance. Think about that for a moment.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Isn't this basically what arena is (TDM with no respawn)?

I just noticed the dev interview on today's front page named this team death match BG as a possibility so I thought I'd start this thread to open ideas about how such an idea might be implemented in WoW. Perhaps Blizz would spice it up with some of their own ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh it would be fun for a while but quickly become terrible. Healers would pretty much decide the game before it starts. In RBG, whichever team wins in mid would proceed to AoE farm the GY.

Quote Originally Posted by MurphyLaw View Post
    Thanks for your input but we've already confirmed COD doesn't have exclusive rights to team death match, the original post has already been edited to note my error. I get it, you're totally affronted by my lack of gaming awareness, it was a slip up but come on everyone knows what I mean when I say it. I coulda said Halo or whatever else COD is just a familiar one.
    You don't judge the contents of a book by it's cover, but if you paint a big steaming turd on that cover then people will expect turd. The title has sealed the fate of this thread, mine wasn't the first to point it out and it definitely won't be the last. You could have said "Team Deathmatch", but now you have gone and dirtied the whole idea.

I feel dirty just posting in this thread.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4