Thread: rabid

Deleted

rabid

how highe dps gain is it to time it with bw rather than having it on cd?

It's a DPS loss. You can delay the third BW by 5-10 seconds to line it up with Rabid, after that don't bother. (A little longer delay with HCWF AoC, a lil shorter with sub-574)

Alternatively you can pop BW a little later in the opener (don't pop it will you Kill Command, basically), so you don't have to delay as much, cuz if you delay it too much you risk losing Dextrous/BW overlap which hurts even more.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-05-05 at 09:07 AM.

Deleted
    to macro bw with rabid is that a gain rather than using rabid on cd?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    to macro bw with rabid is that a gain rather than using rabid on cd?
    Not in most cases, no (would have to be a specific fight length to let that happen without losing a Rabid).

anything below heroic AoC and fight length under 9 minutes you won't lose any usage if you sync them.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    anything below heroic AoC and fight length under 9 minutes you won't lose any usage if you sync them.
    Macroing Rabid with BW and leaving it like that results in 5 Rabids over 9 minutes while autocasting lets you have 7.

CD: 0 - 42 – 84 – 126 – 168 – 210 - 252 – 294 – 336 – 378 – 420 – 462 – 504 - 546
    CD: R-------------R-----------------R-----------------R-----------------R------- 5 rabids (macroed to BW)
    CD: R --------R----------R-----------R----------R-----------R-----------R------- 7 Rabids (autocast)
    CD: 0 - 90 - 180 - 270 - 360 - 450 - 540 - 630 - 720 - 810 - 900 - 990 - 1080

line1) Approx AoC normal BW cd
    line2) Rabid usages if macroed to BW and left off autocast.
    line3) Rabid usages if left on autocast.
    line4) Rabid cd

Just guessed/assumed a cooldown for BW, in any case it can't be far enough off to skew the results.

R represents a Rabid use, upper line is obvs BW, lower is Rabid.

EDIT: Made a bunch of edits and added third line which is auto-cast Rabid line.

BW @ 84 is the one I'm saying you can delay to line it up with the Rabid on the autocast line. The delay is 6 seconds with this AoC (I guess 42 is normal or something), and bigger with higher iLvl AOC's.

The amount you have to delay increases by 6 for each cycle (on the BW at 168, you have to delay that 12 seconds, the 252s one you gotta delay 18s).

Fourth line is Rabid cd for comparison.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-05-05 at 02:10 PM.

rabid has a 1min 30 cd, why would you use it every 4 BW? It can be used every 3

It's not the rabid you're delaying to line up with BW you're delaying BW slightly to get with rabid.

so lets use rabid as the guidline and see:

0--------90------180------270-----360-----450------540
    BW-BW-BW-BW-BW-BW-BW-BW-BW-BW-BW-BW-BW

every rabid cycle you delay BW by 5.4 seconds

42.3/5.4=7.8 rabids (+10 seconds) before you lose a usage of BW.

i think you were calculating under the assumption rabid was 2min cd?
    Last edited by Illana; 2014-05-05 at 02:16 PM.

rabid has a 1min 30 cd, why would you use it every 4 BW? It can be used every 3

It's not the rabid you're delaying to line up with BW you're delaying BW slightly to get with rabid.
    It can't be used every 3 without delaying BW

0 - 42 - 84 - 126 - 168 - 120 - 252 you can delay that by 6 seconds to line up with Rabid, but if you delay it again (at 168), that's 12 seconds total, and this just keeps adding up - in a 9 min fight, you "only" end up delaying 36 seconds which is not a full cooldown, but if we're gonna get nitpicky, it is a few seconds of BW.

But that wasn't the question OP asked, anyway, he asked if it was DPS boost to -macro- Rabid to BW and leaving it off autocast, which my post explains that it is not because you lose several Rabids. I'd put it up in a similar table but that'd be near-impossible if I use the same method as up above (I'd have to do a much longer line else I couldn't show my point)
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-05-05 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    It can't be used every 3 without delaying BW

0 - 42 - 84 - 126 - 168 - 120 - 252 you can delay that by 6 seconds to line up with Rabid, but if you delay it again (at 168), that's 12 seconds total, and this just keeps adding up - in a 9 min fight, you "only" end up delaying 36 seconds which is not a full cooldown, but if we're gonna get nitpicky, it is a few seconds of BW.

But that wasn't the question OP asked, anyway, he asked if it was DPS boost to -macro- Rabid to BW and leaving it off autocast, which my post explains that it is not because you lose several Rabids. I'd put it up in a similar table but that'd be near-impossible if I use the same method as up above (I'd have to do a much longer line else I couldn't show my point)
    I dont understand your calculations, I don't ever delay rabid, it's BW that has some time before the next rabid is up

0 seconds-BW+rabid
    42.3 seconds- BW
    90- seconds- BW+rabid (5.4 second wait time on BW)
    132.3 seconds- BW
    180 seconds- BW+rabid

etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Macro rabid to kill command and to arcane shot and to everything. Same with the other specs. Basically leave it on auto cast

I dont understand your calculations, I don't ever delay rabid, it's BW that has some time before the next rabid is up

0 seconds-BW+rabid
    42.3 seconds- BW
    90- seconds- BW+rabid (5.4 second wait time on BW)
    132.3 seconds- BW
    180 seconds- BW+rabid

etc
    I know you don't delay Rabid. ;P I'm not assuming Rabid has a 2 min cd, but it basically does if you put it off autocast and only use it with BW (by macroing it into it) which is what OP asked, because you won't have a lineup every 3 times, then. I was strictly -not- delaying BW to prove my point to the OP (I was purely talking about lost Rabids in my original post) - delaying BW is a whole other calculation.

0 - bw rabid
    42 - bw
    90 - delay BW, get lineup
    132 - BW
    180 - delay BW another 5-6 seconds, then BW + Rabid (so 11-12 sec delay total)
    222 - BW
    264 - delay BW another 5-6 seconds, then BW + Rabid (17-18 sec delay total)

Etc, which makes you right in that over 9 minutes, you will only max delay BW for 36 seconds. You lose 2 seconds of uptime (42 - 36 = 6) but that's not really a big deal, but it doesn't answer OP's question still. Question is if it is worth the hassle (tracking both cd's and delaying appropriately). With practice, prolly not that hard, with a WeakAura I'm totally going to make right now, it should be a nobrainer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss when pro raider sigs were "hip"

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    I miss when pro raider sig was "hip"
    Only removed it so I could fit more things in, got an infraction recently because it was too big or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Only removed it so I could fit more things in, got an infraction recently because it was too big or whatever.
    You are becoming too famous. Too much stuff

ok so we agree but I'm just too dumb to read

moving on.