Question Need an SSD for my laptop

Hello

My laptop has two 500GB harddrives at the moment and I was looking to replace one of them with an SSD.
    I'm currently looking at Crucial M500 or Kingston V300 (both 240GB).

How do I know if these SSDs are compatible with my laptop. What information should I provide? Lastly: what SSD would you advice (maybe there are better ones out there). Budget is limited to around 100€ (134$ or 84£)

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by madmonk; 2014-05-05 at 02:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless your laptop is an ultra-thin one that -might- only support 7mm height drives... like 99% of modern laptops can support an SSD. They are the same form factor as laptop 2.5" drives.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Just know that Kingston has played dirty with the V300 series and switched the NAND chips to slower ones without bothering to change product name or specs.

Okay that is good to know. Would you have any recommendation as to what SSD I should buy? There are so many choices and I just don't know which one to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by madmonk View Post
    Okay that is good to know. Would you have any recommendation as to what SSD I should buy? There are so many choices and I just don't know which one to pick.
    I can't give you any specific model but from own experience best are Intel. So far at work we had least issues with Intel SSD. then Samsung. So far worst have been Apacer, Corsair.

After some more looking around I think I am going to go for the Samsung 840 EVO 250GB. It seems to be the best quality/quantity/price