Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i forget to mention:

i also play wow since release in 2005. i am ABSOLUTELY not happy with the "all things easier and easier till brainwashed monkeys could do it"-way, it goes since wotlk. but i would NEVER be so an emotional gummy flummy that i react with "meeeh, dev decission was to change/delete xyz - i quit and delete all". its the same reason, clever people that have their emotions under control, do not write a memo to their chiefs, when they are angry. things change. u do too. i hope for u (really, no sarcasm) that u do not regret ur decission sometime in the future. really.

- - - Updated - - -

and to add:

i will try wildstar. if i find it good, it CAN replace wow for me. but i would NEVER EVER delete my stuff. why should i ? i can freeze it and good. if u delete that shit, it is (for my understanding) just a senseless overhyped emotional reaction, that has nothing to do with coolness and logic and "i want try/play something else". it is, what 12 year old kids do. and, as mentioned before, it is ... lol ... alpha phase. god damn, what panic must that be, to scream "meeeeh" and delete my account, based on alpha notes !!!! really, i lol'ed on u, op. really

ps: we sit here and it amuses us to death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I always find it weird how people can 100% judge an entire expansion before it's even in beta. I also find it a little weird how you can be completely distraught and disgusted with WoW because you won't be able to fly right away in WoD, while being 100% head-over-heels in love with SWTOR with it not having flying.
    Flying was an important feature in my WoW gameplay. SWTOR has never offered flying and was therefore not a factor in the gameplay. Giving someone a feature they've spent time and money enhancing for 8 years by farming and purchasing mounts to fly in the current zones of the current expansion. If SWTOR ever decides to charge for a lackluster expansion (their expansions are free) and remove a key feature from world gameplay (which won't happen since they are always adding features), then I would consider yelling about all the money I spent collecting things for said feature, and unsub.

If WoW wants to go back to Vanilla in the new expansion, good for them. I'd rather play an MMO that has been most enjoyable, even without flight.

If SWTOR ever decides to charge for a lackluster expansion (their expansions are free)
    The only expansion they've released so far was Rise of the Hutt Cartel, which when it was released, cost $10. Haven't kept up with it now, but I think they're baking new digital content (similar to RotHC) into subscriptions (right? correct me if I'm wrong), which still isn't "free" as you still have to pay them money to get it.

If it wasn't for the fact that you either had to fight 3 guys or 1 annoyingly high hp mob and bring a companion I'd probably still play swtor, I can't really speak to much about end game as I stopped at lvl 30, but from what I've seen from videos, the raids are very far below the wow standard. Other then that it was a pretty fun game to play, but I won't return because they said Thank you in a letter

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Flying was an important feature in my WoW gameplay. SWTOR has never offered flying and was therefore not a factor in the gameplay. Giving someone a feature they've spent time and money enhancing for 8 years by farming and purchasing mounts to fly in the current zones of the current expansion. If SWTOR ever decides to charge for a lackluster expansion (their expansions are free) and remove a key feature from world gameplay (which won't happen since they are always adding features), then I would consider yelling about all the money I spent collecting things for said feature, and unsub.

If WoW wants to go back to Vanilla in the new expansion, good for them. I'd rather play an MMO that has been most enjoyable, even without flight.
    None of that changes the point that you're quitting because of flying being removed (apparently temporarily), to play something that has no flying. You're also judging an expansion being lackluster without playing it, without being able to see beta vids, nothing. You're complaining about WoW going back to vanilla through an expansion (that's hilarious exaggeration) and then going to a game that is closer to vanilla in terms of how far behind WoW it is with it's features. It doesn't matter if WoW had a feature before and is temporarily turning it off, you're still going from no flying which is apparently the most important thing ever to you, to no flying still and which will not have flying even if/when they re enable it in WoW.

Btw SWTOR expansions aren't free unless you're a sub, so basically they aren't free.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of that changes the point that you're quitting because of flying being removed (apparently temporarily), to play something that has no flying. You're also judging an expansion being lackluster without playing it, without being able to see beta vids, nothing. You're complaining about WoW going back to vanilla through an expansion (that's hilarious exaggeration) and then going to a game that is closer to vanilla in terms of how far behind WoW it is with it's features. It doesn't matter if WoW had a feature before and is temporarily turning it off, you're still going from no flying which is apparently the most important thing ever to you, to no flying still and which will not have flying even if/when they re enable it in WoW.

Btw SWTOR expansions aren't free unless you're a sub, so basically they aren't free.
    I logged into an account on the main forum, and asked for clarification shortly after Bashiok danced around the answer once more in a newer thread. The thread, which was simply focused around a yes or no answer about the return of flight was deleted after 18 pages, and I was given a warning about the topic. A half dozen flying threads all popped up after mine, not asking for an answer, but simply debating the topic, and all made it to thread cap (500 posts). They will not be adding it back in with 6.1, and I was foolish to believe they would. If it were coming back, at all, they would say so instead of dancing around the topic and deleting threads. That was all the answer I needed. If $5k, 3 accounts, and almost 8 years of loyalty and defending them as a fanboy couldn't get me a confirmed yes or no, them deleting the thread and then giving me a 72 hour suspension was a big enough NO for me.

All a moot point now. The accounts are gone, the game uninstalled, and no intention of ever purchasing a Blizzard product in the future. If they want to make poor choices and lie to their patrons, that's on them. I've already felt better about my move to SWTOR and am making it my new MMO. It is full of features, content, and people who are fans that WANT to be there. Whenever I talk about SWTOR, I get pleasant conversation with other fans. If I mention WoW, 20 people come flying in outta no where to either disagree or want to pick a fight. Frankly, I was so tired of fighting about WoW, THAT was likely the bigger issue, even above the no flight in Draenor.

Now, if you will excuse me. This is a SWTOR forum and a SWTOR thread, and I have reached my limit discussing off topic content. Should I feel the urge to discuss WoW, I will do so in the WoW forums. Moving forward, if people are just here to talk about WoW, flying, or anything other than SWTOR specifically, I apologize in advance for not responding to your comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    If it wasn't for the fact that you either had to fight 3 guys or 1 annoyingly high hp mob and bring a companion I'd probably still play swtor, I can't really speak to much about end game as I stopped at lvl 30, but from what I've seen from videos, the raids are very far below the wow standard. Other then that it was a pretty fun game to play, but I won't return because they said Thank you in a letter
    So far my sith sorcerer uses her first companion to tank, while she heals him. I've yet to find a situation in which we are defeated. I'm only lvl 22 atm, but looking forward to the story moving forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The only expansion they've released so far was Rise of the Hutt Cartel, which when it was released, cost $10. Haven't kept up with it now, but I think they're baking new digital content (similar to RotHC) into subscriptions (right? correct me if I'm wrong), which still isn't "free" as you still have to pay them money to get it.
    I already had SWTOR from day 1, and got RotHC free, along with the new Fighter content, which had enough stuff in it to feel like an expansion. Even raised the ceiling another 5 levels to 55. I just took one of my 3 former WoW subs, and use it for SWTOR. As a sub, I don't have to sweat the microtransactions, and the game is very enjoyable.

I logged into an account on the main forum, and asked for clarification shortly after Bashiok danced around the answer once more in a newer thread. The thread, which was simply focused around a yes or no answer about the return of flight was deleted after 18 pages, and I was given a warning about the topic. A half dozen flying threads all popped up after mine, not asking for an answer, but simply debating the topic, and all made it to thread cap (500 posts). They will not be adding it back in with 6.1, and I was foolish to believe they would. If it were coming back, at all, they would say so instead of dancing around the topic and deleting threads. That was all the answer I needed. If $5k, 3 accounts, and almost 8 years of loyalty and defending them as a fanboy couldn't get me a confirmed yes or no, them deleting the thread and then giving me a 72 hour suspension was a big enough NO for me.

All a moot point now. The accounts are gone, the game uninstalled, and no intention of ever purchasing a Blizzard product in the future. If they want to make poor choices and lie to their patrons, that's on them. I've already felt better about my move to SWTOR and am making it my new MMO. It is full of features, content, and people who are fans that WANT to be there. Whenever I talk about SWTOR, I get pleasant conversation with other fans. If I mention WoW, 20 people come flying in outta no where to either disagree or want to pick a fight. Frankly, I was so tired of fighting about WoW, THAT was likely the bigger issue, even above the no flight in Draenor.

Now, if you will excuse me. This is a SWTOR forum and a SWTOR thread, and I have reached my limit discussing off topic content. Should I feel the urge to discuss WoW, I will do so in the WoW forums. Moving forward, if people are just here to talk about WoW, flying, or anything other than SWTOR specifically, I apologize in advance for not responding to your comments.

- - - Updated - - -

So far my sith sorcerer uses her first companion to tank, while she heals him. I've yet to find a situation in which we are defeated. I'm only lvl 22 atm, but looking forward to the story moving forward.

- - - Updated - - -

I already had SWTOR from day 1, and got RotHC free, along with the new Fighter content, which had enough stuff in it to feel like an expansion. Even raised the ceiling another 5 levels to 55. I just took one of my 3 former WoW subs, and use it for SWTOR. As a sub, I don't have to sweat the microtransactions, and the game is very enjoyable.
    This thread you started was you bitching about WoW vs SWTOR, so it is not off topic. They explained why they don't know if they're going to put flying back in, they did not say yes or no because they don't know. I'm sorry you feel it's some conspiracy.

I'm almost 100% after seeing you in this thread that they deleted your thread on the official forums because it wasn't constructive. The rest is just anecdotal BS, if you don't want to fight about WoW don't make posts that have pathetic logic on a forum where people talk about this stuff.

Make SWTOR threads all day, praise it for the great game I'm sure it is, but when you attack something people enjoy don't expect them not to point out your BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread you started was you bitching about WoW vs SWTOR, so it is not off topic. They explained why they don't know if they're going to put flying back in, they did not say yes or no because they don't know. I'm sorry you feel it's some conspiracy.

I'm almost 100% after seeing you in this thread that they deleted your thread on the official forums because it wasn't constructive. The rest is just anecdotal BS, if you don't want to fight about WoW don't make posts that have pathetic logic on a forum where people talk about this stuff.

Make SWTOR threads all day, praise it for the great game I'm sure it is, but when you attack something people enjoy don't expect them not to point out your BS.
    I don't need to make any more than this. As for attacking something people enjoy, if you REALLY enjoyed it, you would ask them:

Where's my flying quest in 6.1?
    Where's my new race?
    Where's my new class?
    All the new models will be ready, right?

And a hundred other things to guarantee you are getting an expansion, and not some shit stain glorified, oversized content patch. I loved that game for 8 years. But to give us damn near nothing in WoD really bothered me. If you were the fan you claim to be... it would bother you too.

Have a nice day.

I don't need to make any more than this. As for attacking something people enjoy, if you REALLY enjoyed it, you would ask them:

Where's my new race?
    Where's my new class?

And a hundred other things to guarantee you are getting an expansion, and not some shit stain glorified, oversized content patch. I loved that game for 8 years. But to give us damn near nothing in WoD really bothered me. If you were the fan you claim to be... it would bother you too.

Have a nice day.
    I'm not trying to prove to you I'm a fan of anything, I'm just being rational.

Where's my flying quest in 6.1? I'll see in 6.1 if they feel like putting it in, I don't care about flying. No, not caring about flying doesn't make you a fan or not a fan.

Where's my new race? I don't consider a new race to be something required of an expansion. If anything not having to make this will mean more effort on better models/better content that I'll be doing more often.

Where's my new class? I don't consider a new class to be something required of an expansion. If anything not having to make this will mean more effort on better models/better content that I'll be doing more often.

All the new models will be ready, right? Why would you need to ask this again? If you don't think they're busting their asses to get them out you don't know business very well. People would be infuriated if they aren't out so if it's possible they can be, they will be. Common sense.

I can promise you, there will be an expansion, raid tiers and a continent etc etc are not a content patch. Here's where I'll wait and see how good the content actually is, without assuming it's bad for no reason. If you think this expansion is giving you nothing I think you need to see what the SWTOR expansion gave (hint: less).

Where's my new race?
    Where's my new class?

Have a nice day.
    Imho you make this out to be as if WoW was your girlfriend, and you just ended it (meanwhile in reality she dumped you). Somehow what you say isn't constructive, reflected or even clever in any way. You strike me as a young, pissed off fanboy who act out because you make assumptions based on your own illusions.

I have to admit, it's pretty amusing to read. I just think about the "oh shit" moment your going to have when WoD turns out to be awesome.
    Trolls... I don't like trolls.. Stop it..
    Hate with ignorance & Love with passion
    *Not a single shit was given*
    Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I agree about raids, other than their consistent puzzle bosses. I really liked the Karazhan chess event, and they never brought that back in other forms. the puzzle boss encounters were consistently neat. According to reddit data miners they're adding bolster to story mode raids so SWTOR will basically get LFR now going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagro View Post
    Imho you make this out to be as if WoW was your girlfriend, and you just ended it (meanwhile in reality she dumped you). Somehow what you say isn't constructive, reflected or even clever in any way. You strike me as a young, pissed off fanboy who act out because you make assumptions based on your own illusions.

I have to admit, it's pretty amusing to read. I just think about the "oh shit" moment your going to have when WoD turns out to be awesome.
    More like an old, pissed off fanboy. But again, not really a concern any longer. There is a new generation of fanboys to replace me, and they are just as blinded by Blizz as I was. I once called Cataclysm "an amazing adventure I can't wait to get started on." I wanted a Worgen Druid and flight in Azeroth. I had no idea how bad most of the zones would be, and how boring the dungeons would get after the 2nd time through them. To this day, I could still step into Dead Mines and my first wish would be the return of the Defias. The biggest things I got from that expansion were my worgen and flight in Azeroth.

Even though I hate Pandas, and the chinese theme of Pandaria, I still worked around it for the pet battles, LFR, farm at halfhill, and flight at 90 for my cloud serpents. I even enjoyed the dailies from the Golden Pagoda for about 6 weeks before it all started to weigh on me. Not liking WoD based on what I have seen, and heard thus far is my prerogative.

- No flight until 6.1 (or 7.0 if they desire) in the new zones.
    - No new class
    - No new race
    - Most new models will make it by ship date
    - 7 new dungeons with one rehashed Heroic UBRS
    - Garrisons which will be needed by anyone wanting to min/max. Also, unmovable, unname-able, and uncustomizable.
    - Questing content at level 100 (formerly known as dailies)
    - Low iLvL Tier gear removed from LFR
    - Full change in raid makeups
    - More orcs... and possibly trolls... again... for the hundredth time.

On the upside, you are getting toyboxes and a quest item storage to help improve bag space. This is hardly even noteworthy compared to everything we got in Cataclysm... the worst expansion of them all. In Cata we got:

- Flight throughout Azeroth at lvl 60
    - Class additions for classic races
    - Worgen and Goblin
    - 7 new dungeons, 4 dungeon makeovers w/ heroic models, and 6 raids
    - Guild Perks
    - Full revamp in the old world (most zones)
    - New talent system
    - New pet battle system
    - Full revamp of starting zone quests (most races)
    - New pet and flying mounts (which could FLY in the current zones and content)
    - Void Storage
    - Transmogrification
    - Valor Point Conversion
    - Reforging
    - Archaeology

and a dozen other things at least escaping me at the moment.

So, forgive me if I am not impressed with this high end content patch called WoD where we use timetravel to visit a parallel universe and see a planet we have already been on, before it was destroyed in our timeline.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think this expansion is giving you nothing I think you need to see what the SWTOR expansion gave (hint: less).
    For me, SWTOR is not about what they give, its more about what they are not taking away. They've not removed any key features from their game, and are now, in fact, adding more features in 2.8. But, if they ever decide to give us a planet we can't use Speeders on, they will likely announce it up front, rather than saying "You can.... ooops, wait.... you can't now."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's great that you're enjoying SWTOR, but this site doesn't allow game vs game threads and that's about all this is turning into at this point.

Closing.