Poll: Where are you from?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you from The United States, Europe, the UK or Elsewhere?

I am always interested in the demographics of the people who browse MMO-Champ / Play WoW, therefore the reason for this thread.

Are you from The United States, Europe, the UK or Elsewhere? I understand the UK is technically part of Europe, but I know there is a large demographic of players / users from the UK, so you get your own option.

The poll options are for the above question. Then answer these questions in your post:

1) Do you play WoW currently?
    No I do not play WoW currently.

2) Approx how many hours a day do/did you play WoW?
    I played WoW quite a bit back in its prime during TBC, probably 6-10 hours a day during summers, and during college 4-6 hours a day.

3) Approx how many hours a week do/did you play WoW?
    I raided approx 20 hours a week, and spend a lot of time doing other things like running dungeons, farming mats, having fun in the world, so about 40 per 7 day week.

4) Do you actively play any other games?
    Diablo 3 mainly. I also am in the Heroes of the Storm technical Alpha, so I play that as well.

5) Will you be trying Wildstar or any other MMO on the horizon?
    I would definitely like to try Wildstar
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2014-05-05 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    1) Nope.
    2) 12 hours per day or more when I did play in wotlk.
    3) 70 or more.
    4) dota I guess.
    5) Yep, Archeage.

Deleted
    1) Yes

2) Depends, a few hours (3-4?) a day normally, mostly i end up doing what i have to then logging off.

3) I play about four days a week, so around 16 hours? (WoW that is)

4) Yes, LoL, FPS games ect.

5) I've tried some other mmos before, but i always end up around 30 without friends to keep me interested.

This is from an 18 y/o male in the U.K.

10+ Year Old Account

No.

Playing over 6+ years, it's hard to take an average. When I was active last, I was probably playing 3 hours a day on the days I played.

Probably around 8 hours a week averaged over the time I was active.

Lots. I've been playing a lot of EU4 lately.

Probably, but I doubt I'll ever get hardcore into an MMO ever again. I'm rather enjoying the freedom of not having to worry about showing up on time to a raid. Kind of important too, since sometimes I stay at work late, and sometimes I'm out of the country with no access to a gaming machine for a month at a time.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    1) No
    2) 3-4 hours a day
    3) 20, 5x 4hr raid
    4) No, some Civilization 5 occasionally
    5) Wildstar, yes
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Probably, but I doubt I'll ever get hardcore into an MMO ever again. I'm rather enjoying the freedom of not having to worry about showing up on time to a raid. Kind of important too, since sometimes I stay at work late, and sometimes I'm out of the country with no access to a gaming machine for a month at a time.
    What do you do for work?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What do you do for work?
    I estimate costs and prepare commercial proposals on large seismic exploration contracts for big oil companies.

Deleted
    You didn't include the poll but anyways I'm from Europe, Holland more specific.

1) No.

2) Really depending on the time I was really into the game, when I played a lot maybe something like 8 hours a day. Especially when I was raiding hardcore.
    3) 40 hours or so.

4) Yes I do now, but if I'm playing an MMO I don't need any other game to play. If I don't have anything to play I play something from my Steam games or something on my console, which almost never happens lately.

5) I'm really into ESO atm, it sure has it's flaws but not enough to keep me from playing. I love the combat system and it's one of the better aspects of the game imo. I'm also curious what the upcoming patch will do to the game, I'm definitely checking that out. Wildstar was more on my radar before I got ESO though, I was into the beta this weekend but my PC is around 10 fps with that game, so I didn't bother playing and logged back into ESO again. I think in the long term I'll like Wildstar more, but if I don't have a new PC I won't get Wildstar, just because it's a worse experience on my PC to play. Otherwise, as great as ESO is, it still is Wildstar > ESO for me though. Wildstar is more competitive raiding, ESO is more about laid back questing and AWESOME dungeons. The veteran dungeons are really hard and you wipe a dozen times on some bosses. Only downside about that is that some people leave after 2 wipes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I estimate costs prepare commercial proposals on large seismic exploration contracts for big oil companies.
    Thats pretty interesting. So you are out in the field doing a lot of surveying work, measuring and such?

1) yes
    2) 2-3 hours
    3) 8 hours
    4) been actively playing a few others, got a "new" play station 3 so I've been playing uncharted 3, farcry 3, darksiders 2 and a few others.
    5) nah, only looking forward to WoW, no other MMO looks the least bit appealing to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Thats pretty interesting. So you are out in the field doing a lot of surveying work, measuring and such?
    Not for many years now, and I was never doing the surveying myself, but I've spent a lot of time in swamps and jungles with surveyors. Mostly now, I talk to operational managers, estimate production, consider various geophysical designs, dimension crews, determine equipment requirements and availability, get cost quotes, and put it all together into a financial model before presenting it to the company's senior management for approval and eventual incorporation into the commercial proposal for submission to the client. Then if we win the contract, I work with the operations folks to ensure that the job the end up planning lines up with what we bid.

I spend a fair amount of time looking at Google Earth, and a TON of time looking at Excel, and reading bid documentation, sometimes all in Spanish. But yes, it is interesting, and a lot of fun, if sometimes very intense.

1)Only private servers
    2)Eh, like 8-ish each weekends now. In my prime, ...10 hours each day.
    3)Take my answer from 2 and change it to suit this.
    4)A lot of fighting games, Hearthstone,StarCraft II, Fifa
    5)Eh, can't be arsed really.

Also, from the Middle East. Lived in England for a few years.
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    1) I play wow, NA
    2) 2 hours a day
    3) 14 hours a week average
    4) I do not, sometimes Starsiege, oh and yes Hearthstone
    5) I will not be trying Wildstar, but it looks LEGIT

10+ Year Old Account
    1)Nope
    2)8~
    3)probably 30
    4)D3, Hearthstone, Arma3, Starbound(once they put the new update out)
    5.ArcheAge most likely while I wait for WoD.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. But will resub when WOD is closer.

5-6 hours during raid nights. About a hour if not. If leveling an alt, then a few more hours.

Count from the above numbers.

I don't play any specific game actively. I play a ton of different games.

Yes, I will give all new mmos a try.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

"Europe" and "Or elsewhere", really? Wow. Not even going to answer to that if you cannot go in to detail but take the UK and the US into it. Way to go, champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) No and I will not resub for WoD as there is not enough 'new' for me to purchase that overpriced expansion. Might resub if the next xpac has a new class or race.

2) The most time I played WoW was during BC-Wrath where my average would be about 5-8 hours a day. Almost everyday unless I was sick/college.

3) Depending on raiding or organized PvP BG's (pre-RBG's) I would say on average 45+ hours a week.

4) I was playing D3 for a while, got bored again. Now I've been playing mostly handheld games (Fate/Extra, Conception, Bravely Default and SMT:IV).

5) I played the Wildstar beta, enjoyed it but not sure if I would ever pay for it or play it full time. MMO's are too time consuming for me nowadays, I don't have the attention span I use to have. Also 90% of MMO's are cookie cutter games which follow the same gameplay/genre/classes as older MMOs. The last MMO I invested a considerable amount of time in, besides WoW, was Star Wars: The Old Republic. Played a Bounty Hunter Merc to 50, Jedi Knight to 50, and leveled a Imperial Agent to 30ish. Quit due to the game running like crap most of the time, little to do once you hit level cap and horrible button bloat. Which is one of the main reasons I don't go back and finish my Imperial Agent's story, the UI is a horrible mess with over 50 key binds on a level 30 character.
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2014-05-05 at 04:03 PM.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

1) yes.
    2) Too much, varies wildly
    3) More than I'm willing to admit
    4) Not really, always trying things but never sticking to them
    5) I'd be interested in Wildstar, but I have a rule of one active monthly subscription only, so no going to try it any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    "Europe" and "Or elsewhere", really? Wow. Not even going to answer to that if you cannot go in to detail but take the UK and the US into it. Way to go, champ.
    Really? I dont need to list all 160+ countries in the world to be inclusive of everyone. The demographics on this website tend to highly be from the US or the UK and Europe, but not to exclude anyone i put an option for you.

Wow some people complain about nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am from the UK and Europe.

No. Started when TBC came out, played into when WotLK came out, quit, started when Cata came out, quit, started when MoP came out, quit...will probably start again when WoD comes out, then quit.

Would vary from zero to eight+ depending on what I felt like doing.

Most of my raiding was in TBC and early WotLK, mainly focussed on soloing content and PvP in Cata and MoP, and as I usually only quit when I finish, some of my soloing could take me into the early hours of the next day. I learnt early on in TBC not to attempt challenging solo content after raiding, or I'd never get any sleep.

Varied, as per above.

I play lots of games for a bit, get bored, quit.

Probably, then I'll get bored and quit.

Games, like all aspects of my life, need to keep me entertained to maintain my interest, and when they stop doing so I move onto something else. I may pick them up again later, I may not. The only exemption from this is my family, who I don't ditch regardless of their entertainment value.