How do Orr temples work with the megaserver?

How do the Orr temples work now?

The other world bosses are on schedules but the stuff in Orr is not.

Deleted
    I'm curious about this myself, actually. I usually just check if something is going on, but I'd like to do temples more often.

Pretty sure Orr events follow the same rules as standard dynamic events where they have a set spawn after X is fulfilled and Y time has passed. Though they included bosses I am pretty sure they don't count as boss events.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been told you that these days you will rarely see the actual event to open the temple taking place, because people actually defend the temples (instead of retaking them). I was told that the defense event counts as whatever you need for the new talents to open as well, but I haven't tested that myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    You answered your own question, temples are not a part of the world boss schedule. Nothing different about them.

Any event that does not appear on this list will continue to operate as before, with timings that are based on the state and conditions of the map they occur in. Notably, the Temples of Orr will not be synchronized at this time since they heavily influence the content ecosystem that they exist in.

Essentially they don't very well. You have a random chance to be put on a map where they're open or not.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Essentially they don't very well. You have a random chance to be put on a map where they're open or not.
    That sucks.

I'm sure Anet will find some solution to the current megaserver drawbacks.

Thus far the negatives I have experienced with the mega servers are:

-Difficulty in getting the right map for my own megaguild's Wurm and Teq kills.
    -Difficulty coordinating guild missions.
    -Temples now appear to be dead

However, I love the benefits the megaservers provide in higher population zones and doing away with the need for server guesting.

When I was doing map completion in Orr, the temples were always being taken. I did it about 6 or 7 times when doing the 3 zones. Basically you have to actually be playing in the zone to catch the temple event. That being said, a lot of the temples were usually open so it should make it easy for people to get obsidian shards now. Soon as the event starts tons of people come to finish it off.

some of the grandmaster traits are dependent on these events. So far every time I've played the events never occurred. The temples were open though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I was told that the defense event counts as whatever you need for the new talents to open as well, but I haven't tested that myself.
    I know Grenth works that way, I don't think Lyssa does though.