Bluespam- any fix?

The blue tracker gets spammed full of "please don't necro" and "closing this for being nonconstructive". I would say that the second category is not of much interest to most readers, but I'd confidently say that a necro being closed by a blue and hitting front page of MO-C is not only of zero interest to ANY reader, but may actually encourage those necros in the first place.

The blue tracker has been shitposting for weeks, but here's today:

Solutions for the "no flying" dilemma -> Everyone loves to talk about this everywhere, and in all forums mods are closing the extra topics, usually directing them to 1-3 very similar threads. This one is no different, and the blue is just saying that.

Golad and Tiriosh been obtained? -> This is a necro relating to the rogue dagger legendaries from Dragonsoul. The blue poster simply closes the necro.

Portal Trainer - Shrine of the Seven Stars? -> This is a necro related to how portals to sevenshrine and twomoon were learned differently at the dawn of the expac. The blue poster simply closes the necro.

WoW saved my Life literly -> This was a legit blue post about something interesting- in 2010. The recent blue is just closing the necro.

BlizzCon® 2014 Ticket Buying Tips -> This is an actual Blizzard originated (fullblue) post. It should be here.

that makes me elitist -> This is closed by a blue for not being a good thread.

BlizzCon® 2014 Ticket Buying Tips -> This is an actual Blizzard originated (fullblue) post. It should be here.

So, of the seven posts, five are just blues moderating things of no interest, some of them necros. Unlike normal, when this has served as a "best of the wow forums", it now serves as a "worst of and most confusing of the wow forums"

Is there a way for MMO-C to filter necro closes, dupe thread spam, and moderator actions of very little interest? As it is, an attention hound could go create "Bashiok Newest Flying Annourcement", make a fully misspelled and trolly post with "inability 2 flying is holocost", and it would be up at the front page of MMO-C for hours or days, depending on how slow the news is, and tons would click. I almost suspect some of these are already that.

I have to agree, I used to take a peek at the blue tracker every time I return to the MMO-C homepage, now its just a waste of time.

I would suggest blocking threads from the blue tracker that were locked, with a blue post as the last post and no blue post as the first. That should cover quite a lot of the nonsense without blocking anything important.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Seconding this, the necro blue posts are really annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    We are on it
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickHunter40245 View Post
    Do you have an ETA?
    Before WoD!
    Waiting on devs now, up to them!

It has mostly calmed down now though, shouldn't be too bad.
    Not empty quoting.

10+ Year Old Account
    This I can agree with, the Necro messages as well as the 'Non-constructive' messages.

Though, the better solution would be if people would actually read the guidelines of a forum.

Till then, a filtering might be fixed faster.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

"Don't necro old threads. Closed."

"Ok, I'll make a new thread then."

"Don't make duplicate threads. Closed."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    "Don't necro old threads. Closed."

"Ok, I'll make a new thread then."

"Don't make duplicate threads. Closed."
    But, this is a common problem because people don't do a search. Even if a new thread is made, there is most likely an active thread within the fair range of days. But the search feature isn't used much, so people think since the necro went and locked, they'll just make a new.. But already one there.

And if there isn't one there but still closed, then maybe people shouldn't refer to a locked thread or copy the content.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

A majority of the closed necro threads seem to have a pretty standard boilerplate blue post as to why they are being closed - I wonder if it's possible to add an argument into the blue tracker that looks at the post contents and won't add it to the blue tracker if it's a closed necro'd threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But, this is a common problem because people don't do a search. Even if a new thread is made, there is most likely an active thread within the fair range of days. But the search feature isn't used much, so people think since the necro went and locked, they'll just make a new.. But already one there.

And if there isn't one there but still closed, then maybe people shouldn't refer to a locked thread or copy the content.
    Yeah - getting people to use search is probably difficult. But I wonder if there isn't a way for Blizzard to stop more necros - either by having a warning pop up when you are about to reply to a thread where the last post is over a certain number of months old or by making the date of each post more prominent (and possibly color-code them so it's red once a thread is a certain number of months old).
    Last edited by Dispersedshadow; 2014-05-29 at 03:28 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If only Blizzard would auto lock threads that have no responses for ## days. This would solve some of the issues, as well as saving the Blues time in dealing with them.