Thread: Easy lighting

Deleted

Easy lighting

So, i got the Bitfenix Shinobi Window case, but what good is a window if theres nothing to see right?
    What im looking for is a LED cable, that i can just lay around my computer, plug it into the PSU's sata power connector and be done with it. Every time the computers up, is glows. Shiny! Ive tried googling but all im getting is people with solding and shit. Can someone recommend a cable? Do all LED cables work? Do i have to watch out for anything?

What you're more likely going to want to go for is a CCFL, or Cold Cathode Light.

like these

"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    What you're more likely going to want to go for is a CCFL, or Cold Cathode Light.

like these

Those just plug in and work?

10+ Year Old Account
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    It depends really how much lighting you need. Do need that much as the photo above or something more soft/easy on the eyes. When you decide that and what color then you can check out what you need to make that work. Cathodes are bit different in lighting than common leds.

NZXT makes a molex powered LED strip. Looks nice, already to length to wrap around the interior of the PC (just inside the "lip" of the case), out of sight once the panel is on. It also has high and low settings, so it can be dimmed if you don't want it too bright. This one is blue, but I know they make all sorts of colors.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can see it in my PC build here:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Pwn#img=3

I had the lights on when taking photos, so you don't get the full effect of the lighting in the pics. That said, it's really amazing looking when the lights are off in the room.
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    It depends really how much lighting you need. Do need that much as the photo above or something more soft/easy on the eyes. When you decide that and what color then you can check out what you need to make that work. Cathodes are bit different in lighting than common leds.
    I think what cyrops linked should work fine. Its more of a "Dont want to leave the window in the case unused" thing, so i dont want 3m of cable running trough it. 1 strip should be plenty of light. I dont want it blinding people. Give more of a subtle moody glow.