Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I kinda want to become ageless not to keep my beauty, but to see how technology evolves through the years. between now and 2100, and then to 2200... considering we were living in a sepia toned world just 60-100 years ago!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

IMO the title is very misleading.

[Inc geek speak]

Temporary boost is certainly not "reversing effects of aging". You still age, you just do not feel the intensity of the effects.

There are other things to consider. What are the (epi)genetic factors responsible for the protein (GDF11) to decrease in blood (or the body) over time (ageing is not a proper/detailed reason); and how are these factors affected by external factors such as adding more of the protein to the body?

Adding growth factor could, per se, increase risk of cancer at a later age. The researchers have not touched this aspect.

My two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Now to figure out what exactly about the blood is doing it and whether it is applicable to humans.
    Or you know we could just drink blood. That seems more fun. Brb getting a knife and a glass on my way to the kindergarten.

The one snafu is that there is a nonzero chance of a blood transfusion killing you.

15+ Year Old Account
    So the four humors were right all along? I knew it! I am going to and drink my black bile straight away!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Would old blood make young mice age faster?

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So the four humors were right all along? I knew it! I am going to and drink my black bile straight away!
    You want to give yourself depression and insomnia?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    You want to give yourself depression and insomnia?
    Well you gotta balance spring with something!

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    Would old blood make young mice age faster?
    They did do it to the young mice and yes they did do poorer than the young mice.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

drinking blood doesn't work because you digest it all.

i wonder if the study was on male or female mice. a lot of studies just use female mice, the blood could be just replenishing stuff lost after menopause.

"YOUR'E GONNA EAT YOUR BABIES!" wow who knew I'd ever quote Fred Phelps.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    If this can make humans live a lot longer, i see morals going out the window as children are born and harvested for this generation to live a tad bit longer..
    if they are grown and farmed for the sole purpose to give blood then they are no different than cattle.

if people start kidnapping other peoples kids then its different
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Vampires were right all along.

We now have a legit reason to eat babies for breakfest.

Yeah, I am more creeped out by the mad scientist "Lets conjoin" animals together vibe going on there.

*waits on human centipede experiments to begin*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Vampires were right all along.
    Was just gonna say that......
    Science finally proved Vampires survivability.

How did Bram Stoker know this? /scratching head
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Finally, a reason to have children!
    Hey, we could act like a couple and adopt kids... for science :P

10+ Year Old Account
    oh how wonderful, lets invent an unethical system that may help cure old people of aging by near killing newborns.

I might not be a fan of children these days, but the implications of this is pretty fucked up.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    So that means that bathing in the blood of virgins isn't so crazy after all...
    it looks like not anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    We really are a selfish species when you think about it. We mope and whine about our morality and wanting to live longer, we can't accept death so easily and try to define it even at the cost of other living animals.

People always make out what a terrible tragedy it is for disease to kill off so many, if you go back 100 years, the average natural age of a person would be lucky to reach 50, that was considered old age. so this idea of damaging children to some old fart can live longer is pretty messed up. Be grateful if you even get to live.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    So uh, apparently that crazy Countess/Duchess from the Dark ages who bathed in the blood of virgin women for her beauty actually was onto somthing!? Fuckin hell.
    Damn, I wish I'd found this thread last night so I could've gotten this in first! Oh well, guess I'll drop her wiki page at least. Now go and waste your time reading up on a murderess, she actually has a rather absurd body count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.