Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    It's always been possible to skip LFR.

    Getting into groups depends on you being there for Flex in the early stages before everyone has a load of loot and starts being a dick about it.

    "Must have better gear than me" for casual content has been an issue since groups were running vanilla dungeons. It's not going to go away.

  2. #22
    Mechagnome Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lunarfall, Draenor
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Silver in Proving Grounds - do you mean I should try for it now in MoP?
    Probably not. Proving Grounds are getting overhauled in WoD and these new Proving Grounds are what you need to get Silver in to queue (via Group Finder Tool) for Heroic Dungeons in WoD. You can still preform 5 people to go do Heroic Dungeons without doing the Proving Grounds.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by drockrock View Post
    You can run Heroic Dungeons to gear up for raids in WoD.
    You can run heroic Dungeons to gear up for raids in MoP, too.

  4. #24
    Mechagnome Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lunarfall, Draenor
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    You can run heroic Dungeons to gear up for raids in MoP, too.
    Um... unless you mean raids as in T14 (MSV). Seriously heroic dungeons in Mists rewards 463 ilv gear. Timeless Isle gear tokens are 496 ilv. Entry into T16 is typically around 510 ilv for Flex Wing 1 SoO.

    So no heroic dungeons in Mist is not a valid nor effective method of gearing up for current raid tier.

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dubbo, NSW
    Posts
    452
    People think LFR is bad, but Flex can be no better...

    - groups taking too long to start an encounter
    - people leaving before an encounter starts
    - worst of all; people who should know better, given that the content has been out for months, but still die needlessly and in turn cause the group to wipe
    - last but not least; the fact that the game needs an addon to have PUG'd Flex groups in the first place

    - - - Updated - - -

    Both LFR and Flex have caused me problems for some time now. The toxicity of the modes is just wrong. By toxicity I don't just mean the foul language that the filter barely stops; I mean the stupidity, the incompetence, and the disobedience that runs rampant. Time and time again have groups needlessly died because of one person's disobedience and/or stupidity. Given that SoO has been out for months now, it is unacceptable to be that stupid.

    While LFR is usually full of stupid morons, infuriating trolls, or boosted 90s with no f-ing clue what to do (READ!!!), Flex can have disorganised leaders, not enough players to effectively win, or cowards who leave/go offline at the most inappropriate of times. Queue times for both are also frustrating, and the fact that Flex needs the Oqueue addon is just terrible.

    Given the above, and combined with the fact that I've already got my Paladin to a high level of tank-ability, I'm still wondering WTF I can do now, or even if I should be here. I've tried to get into Normals and Heroics before, but no one wants me, despite the fact that I know what I'm doing AND am gear-capable.

    PS. I regularly use Honorbuddy because the Prot Pally rotation is just hard (all of them are really). I can't watch the buttons and the screen at the same time. I also use Honorbuddy to farm copious amounts of Ghost Iron Ore which I make big gold profits from. Why? Because I can.

  6. #26
    LFR implementation was made for getting gear. If your trying your best to avoid getting gear by not doing LFR then I don't understand that logic.
    Sure, nobody enjoys LFR but it was implemented to help people get gear. Appreciate the hole in which Blizzard has dug up for themselves receiving abuse on a daily basis regarding implementing LFR.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    So no heroic dungeons in Mist is not a valid nor effective method of gearing up for current raid tier.
    they are only i assume u have no clue how to use them optimally - spam them for jp convert jp to hp and here u go 522 gear including 522 weapons - u can hit this way probably 517-518 itlv in 2-3 days max (without trinekts but those u can get 496 from dominance offensive and 496 timeless isle trinekts.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    PS. I regularly use Honorbuddy because the Prot Pally rotation is just hard (all of them are really). I can't watch the buttons and the screen at the same time.
    And you complain about others being bad. Now that's funny to say the least. To add some super incredible advice : Take your botted gold and pay for a couple 14/14 hc carries. Gear problem solved
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-05-07 at 01:29 PM.

  9. #29
    Mechagnome Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lunarfall, Draenor
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    People think LFR is bad, but Flex can be no better...

    - groups taking too long to start an encounter
    - people leaving before an encounter starts
    - worst of all; people who should know better, given that the content has been out for months, but still die needlessly and in turn cause the group to wipe
    - last but not least; the fact that the game needs an addon to have PUG'd Flex groups in the first place
    The phrase "you can't have your cake and eat it too" comes to mind for points 1 and 3. Some groups take a long time to start the boss fights because well maybe they are going over the fight details in case of point 3. Other groups... well could be poor leadership or tardy players/friends of raid leader.

    Whenever you have a group of strangers trying to accomplish a raid boss, the group needs to reach a level of efficiency for the people in raid critical roles. For tanks, it's typically about reaching a level of understanding on how well their co-tank can shoulder their responsibilities (i.e. do they taunt off well, how good are they in those oh !@#$ moments, etc.).

    The problem is that reaching this level of efficiency is depending on two factors:
    a) how difficult the content is
    b) time/experience in that particular group

    I realize folks will point and say it's Flex, how hard could that be? But then I simply point at a boss like Thok where in LFR it's not an insta-kill if Thok gets to you but in Flex onwards it is.

    So really we should go back to the larger issue here which is PUGs in general. Can PUGs be successful in raids, undoubtedly but PUGing 25 people and expecting an easy/fast run through SoO is unrealistic unless said PUG is made up of overgeared players.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Given the above, and combined with the fact that I've already got my Paladin to a high level of tank-ability, I'm still wondering WTF I can do now, or even if I should be here. I've tried to get into Normals and Heroics before, but no one wants me, despite the fact that I know what I'm doing AND am gear-capable.
    ...
    PS. I regularly use Honorbuddy because the Prot Pally rotation is just hard (all of them are really). I can't watch the buttons and the screen at the same time.
    And again here we see two mutually conflicting issues: You claim to have a Paladin who has a "high-level" of tank-ability, know what you're doing and gear-capable yet you use Honorbuddy because the tank rotation is "hard".

    From a raid leader viewpoint, your pally tank is less appealing if you have to rely on Honorbuddy to "tank" when another tank could do the same job without the need of Honorbuddy.

    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they are only i assume u have no clue how to use them optimally - spam them for jp convert jp to hp and here u go 522 gear including 522 weapons - u can hit this way probably 517-518 itlv in 2-3 days max (without trinekts but those u can get 496 from dominance offensive and 496 timeless isle trinekts.
    JP to HP is a 2 to 1 conversion isn't it? Which means 5 heroic dungeons bosses (100 JP per boss) just to get 250 HP. Of which 1H are 1750 HP and 2H are 3500 HP. That's roughly 35 H. Dungeon bosses for a 1H and 70 H. Dungeon bosses for a 2H. Seems a lot slower grind they say doing PvP BG or Call to Arms.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    You could also oqueue throne of thunder for 522s, some of the oqueue ToT groups will even do heroics. And Nalak. Strangely, I rarely see Oondasta groups forming...

    Oqueue or Openraid both are decent places to look. I can understand an occasional Nalak (part of legendary quest line) but Oondasta... oh that was the corpse run world boss of Mists IMO. As least Blizzard had the sense to make that shortcut instead of having to run around the island to get to Oondasta.
    Last edited by Alroxas; 2014-05-07 at 06:36 PM.

  10. #30
    Good luck.

    Even heroic raiders are forced to run LFR.

  11. #31
    You could also oqueue throne of thunder for 522s, some of the oqueue ToT groups will even do heroics. And Nalak. Strangely, I rarely see Oondasta groups forming...

  12. #32
    Pay 250K for a 13/14 heroic boost with all loot. We've had people who came back to the game do that in order to skip lfr/flex stages of gearing.

  13. #33
    Do it the old way like a real baller. Make a group for T14 raids and start gearing.

  14. #34
    Stood in the Fire Smitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Given the above, and combined with the fact that I've already got my Paladin to a high level of tank-ability, I'm still wondering WTF I can do now, or even if I should be here. I've tried to get into Normals and Heroics before, but no one wants me, despite the fact that I know what I'm doing AND am gear-capable.
    Sorry to break the bad new buddy, but if you are:
    -geared
    -competent
    than you will get into SoO normal runs. So clearly you do not meet 1 of these 2 requirements
    Smitus! Of the guild <Smitus and Friends> on Sargeras, formally on Turalyon.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...ting.tier16_25
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mitus/advanced

  15. #35
    - Get full 522+ from pvp gear.
    - 2 pieces of 553 crafted gear
    - Get some lucky drops from Ordos/Celestials
    - At LEAST one peice of 535 gear from your guaranteed burden, more if you're willing to grind/farm
    - 535 trinket for 50k timeless coins
    - 608 legendary
    - valor upgrades netting about 1 ilvl increase per week.

    The tougher parts are getting a weapon (PvP weapon requires you earn 7k+ honor points for the season) and second trinket.

    Not including the Legednary, easily enough here to get you to 530+ with a world boss drop or two and without a legendary or valor upgrades. I've seen people who haven't stepped into flex get 555+ ilvl.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •