Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need to replace current heroic gear with mythic in SoO?

Ok so in 6.0 pre-patch will we need to gear up again and replace all our heroic kit with new mythic?

Or do you think current Flex will be turned normal and normal turned heroic and heroic turned mythic?

Rather confused and would be a little pissed if had to regear again because of a pre-patch.

They're changing the names of the difficulties. Heroic gear will have the mythic green text.

No. Mythic just replaces heroic as the title of the highest difficulty for Siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    Ok so in 6.0 pre-patch will we need to gear up again and replace all our heroic kit with new mythic?

Or do you think current Flex will be turned normal and normal turned heroic and heroic turned mythic?

Rather confused and would be a little pissed if had to regear again because of a pre-patch.

Not sure if trolling or serious.

Deleted
    You wont have to replace any gear, read the front page again and it will become clear.

If you really really care about your heroic WF BiS changing then you might want some different pieces depending on what the Hit/Exp changes to for secondary stats, but it's only going to be for a few weeks and it's an insanely small portion of the community that is even eligible to care about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    it's an insanely small portion of the community that is even eligible to care about this.
    Wait, are you kidding?
    Because no one's laughing.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Wait, are you kidding?
    There's only 900 guilds with a heroic garrosh kill, that's pretty small, and why would anyone care about minmaxing their gear for levelling when there's not even realm 1st anymore?

It is the same gear. Heroic now is the same as Mythic in WoD. Even if for some crazy ass reason it wasn't why would you "have" to regear just to grind out 10 levels?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    You wont have to replace any gear, read the front page again and it will become clear.
    If people could read or think 99% of the doom and gloom posts or how do I do this posts would never happen.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of people that can't seem to read is staggering to me.

They have been saying for MONTHS now that Mythic is a Replacement for current Heroic.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

I can only hope so, i know in WoD there will be a whole new gear set for mythic, heroic, normal like now. But i could not read at least a solution for current gear. I might have overlooked it ofc but still i swear i have not seen any post from a blue saying we wont have to regear in a mythic setting in the pre WoD patch.

Yes i know mythic will replace heroic being the most hard difficulty but how do we know blizzard wont nerf heroic mode as we know it now and create a mythic setting with new loot and harder. Don't forget we have the item squish and everything.

Not just this but current heroic kit was obtained with 25people or 10people not 20.

Would it not make sense for a new set of mythic geared aimed for people to obtain in a 20man setting?

Going on the heirlooms post if they were to change the text on "heroic" kit to "Mythic" that would mean my Normal heirlooms would now be Heroic heirlooms.. But what about Heroic heirlooms they wont become mythic. :S

I just have a bad feeling we will all have to re-gear again for new BiS. Although this is probably the idea so they can push the release date a little further behind and say we have something to do.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2014-05-06 at 04:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There won't be "new" gear when it changes to Mythic for SoO ... but, since they will be removing hit/expertise and replacing it with other stats, its possible that things that were BiS or great for certain classes/specs may no longer be BiS. But even then we're talking a fairly small difference at best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stats and other things should be more balanced so a class that stacks pure haste or mastery might actually be nerfed slightly. But we're talking 3-4 weeks max as the pre-patch won't be sitting on the servers for months. This gives you time to become familiar with your new abilities, talents and spec.

Here's a perfect example of an item Mr Chaos.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=105429 Current 5.4.

http://wod.wowhead.com/item=105429 Warlords of Draenor.

All the Raid Finder, Flex, Normal, Heroic tags are removed and you'll see only Item Level. With the stats being normalized everything is reduced anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Wait, are you kidding?
    You're saying that the percentage of players that would care to reobtain BiS for a month in 6.0 (assuming some of the hit/exp altered pieces are new BiS) out of the current 580/581 crowd isn't a miniscule amount?

There was no joke at all. That's a very very VERY small amount of players.

- - - Updated - - -

I can only hope so, i know in WoD there will be a whole new gear set for mythic, heroic, normal like now. But i could not read at least a solution for current gear. I might have overlooked it ofc but still i swear i have not seen any post from a blue saying we wont have to regear in a mythic setting in the pre WoD patch.

Yes i know mythic will replace heroic being the most hard difficulty but how do we know blizzard wont nerf heroic mode as we know it now and create a mythic setting with new loot and harder. Don't forget we have the item squish and everything.

Not just this but current heroic kit was obtained with 25people or 10people not 20.

Would it not make sense for a new set of mythic geared aimed for people to obtain in a 20man setting?

Going on the heirlooms post if they were to change the text on "heroic" kit to "Mythic" that would mean my Normal heirlooms would now be Heroic heirlooms.. But what about Heroic heirlooms they wont become mythic. :S

I just have a bad feeling we will all have to re-gear again for new BiS. Although this is probably the idea so they can push the release date a little further behind and say we have something to do.
    Yes, they will. We aren't regearing again.

"Siege of Orgrimmar achievements will be relabeled according to the new difficulty structure (e.g. “Heroic: Malkorok” will now be “Mythic: Malkorok”). Credit for these will be retroactively awarded to players who earned them before Patch 6.0."

This implies current heroic = 6.0 mythic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    You're saying that the percentage of players that would care to reobtain BiS for a month in 6.0 (assuming some of the hit/exp altered pieces are new BiS) out of the current 580/581 crowd isn't a miniscule amount?

There was no joke at all. That's a very very VERY small amount of players.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, they will. We aren't regearing again.
    well there is no hit/exp cap after 6.0, and all heroic raiders would want the new mythic level. But it wont exist so this post is pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well don't forget that reforging is gone in 6.0 so there might be some incentive to farm for specific pieces of gear since you won't be able to reforge. However, that's honestly going to be a small percentage because like others have mentioned, WoD should be released shortly (4~6 weeks) after 6.0

If you're a hunter now you can even take Int Mail for use in 6.0. It will be converted into the new generic Mail which has both Int and Agi.

Not much to be gained by doing it but why not?

with a build like this why the hell do you have 750 ti it makes the rest pointless.
    CPU: i7 4790k RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400Mhz GPU: GTX 750ti (EVGA SC) MB: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 Connection: Down:78MB UP:20MB WITH

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    If you're a hunter now you can even take Int Mail for use in 6.0. It will be converted into the new generic Mail which has both Int and Agi.

Not much to be gained by doing it but why not?
    No, it won't.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14059367216#7

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    Not sure if trolling or serious.
    That's Mr Chaos for you...

R.I.P. No Beta Club thread. Never forget.