Question Raidbots help/general question and understanding of it

Think I posted this on the wrong forum previously:

Looking for some help understanding/reading Raidbots so please bear with me if these questions are obvious. When I plug in a realm and person’s name and the screen comes up, I pick a boss. Lets say for example, I am looking at heroic Thok:

When viewing the Overall Stats Box:

1) Whats the median percentile represent? In this case the healer is 20.
    2) Whats the Average Percentile represent? In this case its 21.
    3) Best DPS lists 271,059. Is this the best this healer ever did on the fight? Or the best person of this class overall?
    4) Average DPS lists 257,631. Again, the average THIS person does or the overall average of all the classes?
    5) What numbers when looking at Raidbots, would be ideal? Meaning, do you want the Median Percentile for a person to be high like 90+ or do you want it low?

Sorry for the questions if they are obvious. I appreciate the help!

1-2. It means that in all of the Heroic Thok kills the healer was in the bottom 20% of all raiders and was an average of the bottom 21%.
    3- This is the best they ever did on that particular fight.
    4- This is their AVERAGE for that particular fight.
    5- Ideally for a GOOD raider 75+, preferably I like to see 85+ on most of the fights. Higher is better, it means you are performing in the top 15% of all people raiding and recording your class in heroic(that would be 85 or better).
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

Deleted
    Raidbots works with percentile : what % of people did worse than you (the number that is shown : in your case he seems to have done better than 20% of people, and worse than 80%).

But this is a number that is computed each time you down the boss. So raidbot gives you 2 numbers :

1) the median : on half of the down of the boss the guy did better than 20% of other people downing the boss.
    2) the average : it is the mean of the percentile on all down.

Honestly, i am not sure either of these figures are meaningful. I would look at the few last down, rather than a median or an average.

3) it is his own figure. The best he did on a fight

4) Same : average healing this guy did

5) I would only look at the few last down, not the average nor the median.
    You want it to be as high as possible, BUT be aware that you compare the guy to all other parses of the same spec, even guys that outgear the content. For example on the last bosses of soo, you'll have 2 populations on the same graph : the guys on heroic that are cleaning the end on nm, and the other guys. Due to skill and stuff difference, they clearly won't output the same !

A dps will dps more with more gear and combat duration being shorter and shorter (BL % duration increasing), but on healer side, i'm not sure it will be the case. With everyone being better at the fight, they might take less damage, and healers might see their throughput decreasing with time (until you cut out a healer from the roster).

Thank you for the replies. Heres what drives me nuts with that then:

So on that particular Thok example then, 80% of the other class type healer did better then him. Which means as a whole, it was a poor performance. This is why the number 20 is listed in white I guess to show poor.

Now let me flip over to heroic Immerseus with the same healer.

Median – 28
    Average – 29

In this regard, 72% of the other healers of his class are doing better then him? Yet the 28 number is green which I assume to me its Fair performance. Blue colored numbers being above average and purple numbers being higher/top of their class?

When say only look at the last few down, not average or median, which are you referring to?

Deleted
    fair is more like 50 : you did better than half parses, but worse than the other half. You want to be in purple or orange.

But a healer can heal only if damage is taken. If the roster where the guy is are playing really good, he will automatically be low.
    Another reason can be that his raid leader has decided to go with 3 healers when 2 would be enough.
    Or he could be bad.

For healer performance, honestly, go look at one or two of his parses on WoL and see how he compares to the other healers of his roster.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's really important to understand context when looking at anyone's epeen-bot. I think it's a great way to get a quick glance at a raiders performance, assuming you know how to interpret the numbers and don't just blindly make assumptions.

Some things that I think are important to consider:

1. Epeen Bot only incorporates WoL data at this point, and WoL data is buggy as shit. It still can't recognize Heroic Siegecrafter, Paragons, or Garrosh. It will also split Garrosh pulls where people afk the 2nd intermission into two separate attempts. Basically - it's worthless for Heroic Garrosh.

2. The tier is old. As the tier goes on, the very upper end gets more and more skewed by people doing silly things to pull outrageous numbers. Even the best player in the world isn't going to pull numbers like that unless his/her entire guild is helping them do it.

3. Strategy. Some strategies just aren't conducive to ranking and it's important to realize that. For example, we zerg Heroic Spoils (All 10 people on one side) and we end up with super low active times because of time spent porting over and waiting - so our guild as a whole looks terrible if you just look at Spoils parses in a vacuum. Some guilds hide in a corner on Iron Juggernaut, some guilds push protectors in different ways that can drastically impact dps, there's tons of Siegecrafter strategies that impact fight duration and DPS. The Tanks you use and how they use the scorpion buff can have a pretty big impact on Heroic Paragons fight duration - which is going to impact logs. I'd imagine there's examples to pull from pretty much every fight.

4. Special jobs. Sometimes people have to pull bitch duty - which can negatively impact their own personal DPS, but contribute to the completion of the encounter - which is really what matters. For example, if I'm looking at a Rogue and I see that he is generally 75+ and pulls good numbers, but then his Malkorok numbers are shit - I know that there's a pretty good chance he's being a pal and soaking lots of orbs and puddles. That helps the raid complete the encounter far more than him doing more damage would. There are examples like that that can be drawn from pretty much every fight. (Hybrid DPS healing the 2nd half of Immerseus, Mages soaking Anguish with Ice Blocks on protectors, Mages taking bombs on IJ with blink, etc.)

5. Healers. Healers are the hardest to read and you often have to do a more in-depth analysis of them to get any meaningful data. You have to look at number of healers, who the healers are, how many hybrids with raid cooldowns are in the raid, etc, etc. For Mistweavers and Disc Priests it's also important to look at the damage they are doing - since that can be more important than just padding some more healing onto the meters. A Resto Druid that heals with a bad Resto Shaman is going to look a lot different than one that heals with a great Disc Priest. Three-healing pretty much any fight at this point is going to bring everyone's numbers way down.

6. Tanks. Not even going to get into it, but just know that there's tons of things a tank can do on farm to do ridiculous damage.

That being said, you can still get valuable information from it. Lots of Green and White for every fight generally indicates that someone is either pretty bad or severely undergeared (Or it's a healer and the guild is overhealing the fight). Some blue/purple with quite a bit of white mixed in will generally tell me that the person does alright damage but dies a ton. All purple/orange will generally tell me the person is a great player and doesn't die - which I like to see.

I'll also generally just completely ignore some fights if I'm looking at someone:
    Norushen - Phasing and cleansing order skews the data too much.
    Galakras - Fuck Galakras.
    Spoils - I don't really think it's super relevant.
    Garrosh - WoL basically has no idea what to do with Heroic Garrosh.

Most of the above was written from a 10H point of view.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Really nice write up Jellog I think a lot of people wanting to do comparisons could benefit from having a read of that.