Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    Its the same people that scream like teenage girls and smash their piggybanks as soon as Blizzard pumps out another Store item, While Blizzard leans back in their office chairs laughing their asses off.

There is absolutely nothing new thats gonna shake things up a bit for the next expansion. No real exciting feature at all. Garrisons? Farm 2.0. New models? Long overdue and doesnt add any new exciting gameplay. Mythic raiding? Not the first time the setups of raiding got changed. On top of that: recycled lore, removal of flying mounts cuz you know, "immersion gaise!" like adding aerial dangers and obstacles is hard to implement.

I unsubbed a while ago and am still waiting for anything exciting that will change my mind. But so far all i see is an expansion that might aswell have been labeled as a giant patch.
    Its weird people are excited over things your not. Its like people just have different opinions to you. I think the best course of action is to stop browsing this site.

The only problem I have right now is that after ESO zones this spires don't look so big and epic. For some reason Volcanos in Stonefalls had more of huge-ass mountain feeling compared to Wow hill-like mountains. But that's just me. I love Wow zone, but even with ground mounts they feel small.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I don't like about it is the color palette, I really wish it was mostly orange and blue like the concept art. The colors of the concept art are so unique and vivid, but the green and brown is something we've seen so many times. Maybe it has to do with the lighting, plus that sky doesn't look final and once they add in an orange sky it might make the zone feel more true to the concept art. To people not happy about how small the spires are, I think that giant, menacing spires will be saved for having arakkoa buildings on them. These smaller ones are just the average ones that are too small for the arakkoa to build their cities on. If you look at the first two pictures of concept art you see that smaller spires are empty, while the giant ones have arakkoa buildings on them.

Yeah, that's understandable. I just came to this conclusion after watching video and comparing Vale of Eternal Blossoms for example with Stonefalls (or even Cyrodill pvp area, even though it lacks in details). I'm just a little spoiled by ESO scales. But that's not a big issue really.

Quote Originally Posted by nymz View Post
    Standing in a dense forest, seeing these spires with a society that is a sinister looming threat above you, and walking around on the ground among the outcasts is a totally different feeling than flying above and looking down on them. How is that hard to understand?
    That's how YOU feel. Now, do you seriously think that everyone else agrees? Then why that snide "How hard is that to understand?" as if your view = the only right one?

/Been there, done that = my response to no flying even past level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    They should call it "The Spires of We Could Have Designed This For Flight, But We Didn't Because We Hate You".
    They are designed for flight, Blizzard isn't completely retarded, re-doing Azeroth for flight cost them an entire expansion, they won't be designing places without flight in mind anymore (except maybe bgs etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    I don't know where you get the idea that "next to no one" flies over the trees because it's more convenient than having to dodge a tree.
    The trees in ashenvale are so far apart, and you'd waste time flying above the treetops and then back down because they're so damn tall. Plus, there's an invisible wall not too far up above the trees in ashenvale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    The only problem I have right now is that after ESO zones this spires don't look so big and epic. For some reason Volcanos in Stonefalls had more of huge-ass mountain feeling compared to Wow hill-like mountains. But that's just me. I love Wow zone, but even with ground mounts they feel small.
    It's BECAUSE people are using ground mounts that Blizzard had to make them small. Look at Storm Peaks, or icecrown. The mountains and topographical features are MASSIVE in those zones, because they were designed with flying in mind.

Now look at somewhere like Kun'lai. Sure, it looks pretty, but the mountains are actually very small when you size them up, because you have to feasibly run around it in within four or so minutes. There's more or less one linear path around the back area of the mountains that leads you through a little valley, with a set path here or there that takes you right up the "accessible" parts of the mountain. The Kun'lai mountains only get truly "huge" when you go to the north face of them, which drop off to the ocean (again, because you can only use flying mounts to traverse that area)

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    They are designed for flight, Blizzard isn't completely retarded, re-doing Azeroth for flight cost them an entire expansion, they won't be designing places without flight in mind anymore (except maybe bgs etc).
    The point is is that they didn't design them with flight in mind, as in, things weren't meant to be explored or circumvented with flight in mind, meaning everything has to be a great deal smaller so that people aren't wildly inconvenienced by every single mountain and cliff they'd have to hoof it around on foot.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-05-07 at 09:04 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Loving that artwork