Deleted

Question regarding Bestial Wrath and Dire Beast

Hey guys.

Just wanted to ask something I've been wondering about for a while now.

I've read several times that during BW, it's best if you can use Dire Beast right before it for the additional focus regeneration and to purely spam directly damaging abilities like KC, AS, GT, etc. while BW is active.
    Of course, sometimes the CDs just don't line up that way and Dire Beast comes off CD during BW. If that happens, do you use DB still right as it comes off CD, or do you delay it until BW has worn off? My gut feeling would be to still use it during BW, since its DPET ratio is so high as BM.

Also, an unrelated question: how do you handle the "Dash" pet ability? Do you leave it on autocast, or do you use it manually when you need to switch targets?
    Last edited by mmoc929869f8d6; 2014-05-06 at 05:57 PM.

use it as it comes off CD as it's higher DPET than anything else you have.

dash isn't that important since you have blink strikes, it's a very very minor gain if micro managed,

Keep in mind, DB also stacks the 4pc for BM if you use it inside BW, so lots of people push it right inside of BW (IE, BW, DB, Stampede even, KC) just to get a higher stack early KC.

Deleted
    That settles it then, thanks guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only fight i micro manage my pet's Dash is on Crafter ( I pretty much only micro manage it on the belts ) just to make sure my pet has max uptime on the wep. Other than that, I just keep it on auto use.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Keep in mind, DB also stacks the 4pc for BM if you use it inside BW, so lots of people push it right inside of BW (IE, BW, DB, Stampede even, KC) just to get a higher stack early KC.
    Nope. Dire Beast does NOT grant a stack of 4pc.

Correct usage of DB is to use it on CD(unless some boss mechanics happen, like 5 sec before Garrosh transition) and never during Bestial Wrath, either before or after.

Dire Beast doesn't stack Brutal Kinship.

You don't wanna delay either to use it before BW. It's nice when it happens but you don't wanna delay for it, and if you're half-decent at focus management you'll have enough focus anyway especially with Haste being the beezneez for BM atm.

I don't have problems with Dash on autocast, it's not a DPS increase worth going for, and no fights really need it.

DB should still be used during BW, too.

Deleted
    casting DB during BW does not stack the 4pc.

EDIT: Hivemind azortharion

/datfeelwhenyouvebeenusingaspellwrongtheentiretier

/datfeelwhenyouvebeenusingaspellwrongtheentiretier
    I suppose you can argue that his (partial) premise for using it was incorrect, but he hasn't been using it incorrectly because it is still worth using DB during BW. Just a minor misunderstanding.
    <Washed Up Scrubs> - Mal'Ganis (US)
    Visit my stream! I stream every night starting at 9 PM EST.
    Also, be sure to visit my YouTube channel!

Do we have a list of all the abilities that proc the four piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Do we have a list of all the abilities that proc the four piece?
    Nothing official but it doesn't matter as it doesn't change your decision-making during BW anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Oh, I agree. This thread just got me curious.
    Eh, it's all the direct-damage abilities you have + Focus Fire, at least, but I dunno bout Tranqshot/Distracting Shot/things like that.

For the pet dash ability is my pet is always on Passive. I send him in when i need to and the dash comes in handy. But since you are BM you're always using your pet. I suggest putting dash on passive and macro it in. /cast Dash(Pet ability) (you get the point )

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot20 View Post
    For the pet dash ability is my pet is always on Passive. I send him in when i need to and the dash comes in handy. But since you are BM you're always using your pet. I suggest putting dash on passive and macro it in. /cast Dash(Pet ability) (you get the point )
    Macroing it to your abilities is a terrible idea, if it's on autocast it kinda figures out when to use it by itself (pretty low threshold for when to use it if boss moves tho), but macroing it to things just wastes it.

Unless that's not what you meant in which case.