Thread: [TV] Gotham

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone mentioned Smallville at one point. I think that show succeeded (I watched it twice over the years) because it had a lot of comedy elements, didn't take itself very seriously. And when it eventually did in the latter seasons, it had all the groundwork built up for it so the viewer wouldn't be wondering what the fuck is going on.
    Because Gotham, from that trailer, doesn't seem all that relaxing. And without heroes/villains, it's just a regular procedural detective series.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    So I hear. guess DC is running low on ideas but that's another thread.
    Naw, Its just ppl trying to fix whats not broke LOL.

But it makes me wonder if any of the writers from DC will work on gotham. Or if the producers and writers of the show have any comic book knowledge (I mean they have to right, if they are doing something on this caliber)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Someone mentioned Smallville at one point. I think that show succeeded (I watched it twice over the years) because it had a lot of comedy elements, didn't take itself very seriously. And when it eventually did in the latter seasons, it had all the groundwork built up for it so the viewer wouldn't be wondering what the fuck is going on.
    Because Gotham, from that trailer, doesn't seem all that relaxing. And without heroes/villains, it's just a regular procedural detective series.
    Gotham City generally isn't relaxing and that's the point. Bunch of crazies roam the streets. You're not supposed to feel safe living in that city.

Oh, its about Gotham City and bruce is a little kid? Meh, I am OVER origin story series. If they time skip the boring "jim gordan as a cop with the odd kid cameo of bruce and the villains" up to a point where we get Batman (and without all the usualy "he's the damn batman!" pap) then I might be interested.

But as it is, I don't really care about a generic cop show with a little bit of batman flavor on the side.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    . If they time skip the boring "jim gordan as a cop with the odd kid cameo of bruce and the villains" up to a point where we get Batman
    Considering the whole point of the show is to show what Gotham was like before Batman, I kinda don't think that's gonna happen. This isn't intended to be "Batman:The Series" or "Young Batman".

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Considering the whole point of the show is to show what Gotham was like before Batman, I kinda don't think that's gonna happen. This isn't intended to be "Batman:The Series" or "Young Batman".
    Yep. Going to be interesting to see if they follow the comics. Gordon has a lot of background lore in the dc universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    so first episode is going to air next monday. going to check it out and see if it grabs me.

i watched a 20 minute special the other day, they introduce an entirely new character for the pinguin origin.

i hope it will lead into more and we eventually see bruce as batman, or at least when he is actually in combat training or possibly how he gets in contact with the league of assassins.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    so first episode is going to air next monday. going to check it out and see if it grabs me.

i watched a 20 minute special the other day, they introduce an entirely new character for the pinguin origin.

i hope it will lead into more and we eventually see bruce as batman, or at least when he is actually in combat training or possibly how he gets in contact with the league of assassins.
    We most likely won't.

Deleted
    I am not really hyped about the show but I will give it a try. I am not a big fan of TV children and because they feature at least three (Bruce, Selena and Eve) I am quite sceptical. Plus I don't need to see every origin story of every Batman villain. I always thought it was cool that Batman is responsible that villains start to wear costumes so it will be interesting to see how or if they change their appearance. In contrast, Gotham's Tim Burton/TAS city look is awesome and I overall like "bad cops" stories.

People will always want to see a TV Show which features the adult years of Batman (or Nightwing ) and hence, Gotham needs to offer something unique and focus on entertaining stories with dramatic twists. Will be interesting to see how the show will turn out through its season.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should have pitched the show to netflix.
    You cared enough to post.

this show actually looks decent, at least from the trailers I've seen so far - and i dont watch a whole lot of tv

Quote Originally Posted by anakin57 View Post
    this show actually looks decent, at least from the trailers I've seen so far - and i dont watch a whole lot of tv
    I am praying it doesn't end up being another smallvile.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't watch a ton of TV but this is one show I am definitely looking forward to. I echo the sentiment of not wanting it to turn out like Smallville...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do they have permission to use the entire DC roster?
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Do they have permission to use the entire DC roster?
    probably not, I don't think ANYONE has permission to use Superman except the current movie people. I think a few of the bad guys are also off limits.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    probably not, I don't think ANYONE has permission to use Superman except the current movie people. I think a few of the bad guys are also off limits.
    I agree. They probably wont. I remember there was a bat embargo in the justice league series. No bane, nightwing, riddler, robin, etc. There will probably be a "superman embargo" but probably let a few exceptions slide (lex luthor).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    not necessarily, consider batman vs superman. it's the same movie people, but they do have permission to use Batman. maybe DC went about it a bit smarter then Marvel.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this kinda fits:

And i wont be suprised if they pull something off like this.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I think this kinda fits:
    [IMG]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/798/609/62c.jpg[MG]

And i wont be suprised if they pull something off like this.
    There's no way they'll do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    not necessarily, consider batman vs superman. it's the same movie people, but they do have permission to use Batman. maybe DC went about it a bit smarter then Marvel.
    What I didn't realise is that the CW is owned by the same people as DC, so they basically ALREADY own the rights to everything, meaning actually they can put whoever they want wherever they want .

Still don't want to see Superman or anything like that in Gotham.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30