Thread: [TV] Gotham

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewhywhy View Post
    Uhhh use spoiler tags please?
    A: It's been more than 24 hours. Sorry that's the Statute of limitations on spoilers.
    B: Why are you in the thread if you're not up to date? Seriously, if you've not seen the latest episode STAY AWAY, there's no holds barred on this site. Consider this your first and only warning.
    C: I'm not even the first person to bring it up... Basically every post since the episode aired has mentioned it, I'm just the first person to outright STATE it.

In short. Unbunch your panties.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The Joker being a virus/disease of some kind isn't a new concept. Heck, in the most recent Arkham Knight game a lot of it revolves around people who got Joker's blood and are turning into him.

- - - Updated - - -

24-hours may have been the standard when nobody had DVR, but it's common practice to wait at least a week these days since people can watch shows at their leisure.

And remind everyone how well the ending of Arkham Knight went down with people? It's not a new idea, but it's not a very GOOD idea either. Just because someone else did something stupid before, doesn't mean it's ok for Gotham to do it now.

Also, in that situation, normal people were infected with The Joker's blood and became like him. Waht I don't like about Gotham's way of doing it, is THE Joker is created by copying the actions of a Circus boy with a serious Oedipus Complex. Kinda ruins the mythology of the Joker if he's just a copycat... Doesn't it?

Myeh, if you're intentionally waiting till a later date to watch a currently airing show and enter a thread where people are actively discussing the latest episode you can't be upset if you read some things that you didn't want to know. If you CHOOSE to delay watching, its YOUR job to avoid spoilers, not everyone elses. Pretty sure this was discussed many times in a variety of threads on this site, the end result is always "If you choose to wait, it's on you to avoid spoilers"

This is the last I'll say on the subject. IF a mod comes in and corrects me, I'll start using spoiler tags, until then... Sorry, but it's not my fault if people who have chosen to delay watching the show read things they don't want to read.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Random thought...I don't know enough of Batman lore to answer this myself...Are there any older heroes, or any other heroes at all that could be expected to show up at some time? or are we too early in the time line for anybody to actually be (or need) a hero? We've seen villains doing evil things well before they get their villain name, but we haven't really seen anybody do anything heroic, except for Gordon. They've been taking their time with Bruce. Maybe after the last episode his arc will start to progress more though.
    I don't believe so, no. The only "hero" Bruce really looked up to was the Gray Ghost, and that was just a TV show. Actually...it would be cool to see Bruce watch that show from time to time as a homage.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

There are so many villains that kill people everyday using everything from explosives to chemicals in Gotham, why do you think people still live there?

Quote Originally Posted by Mewhywhy View Post
    Uhhh use spoiler tags please?
    Gotta admit I don't go into threads of shows that I have not yet seen. Not sure what you were expecting.

- - - Updated - - -

Then that last scene, with the idea that the Joker is some... Thought Virus or some bullshit and Jerome's antics will inspire a crime wave, which might bring about the Joker that we all know...
    I have to think something was going on behind the scenes with the actor. Cameron Monaghan was perfect for the role, he was just killing it so far clearly the rising star of season 2. Then to just cut all of that short for what may or may not be a story line that works, but will almost certainly not be a good as Monaghan himself was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I would lay money on that happening. By the end of the season we'll be left with Proto-Joker and Harley Kean, maybe even by Mid-season.

Mark my words.
    As a Harley Quinn fan I would be extremely upset if they make Barbara Harley Quinn - she doesn't fit any character currently and it completely shifts the dynamic between whatever future Joker and Harley Quinn may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I don't think we've seen the last of Jerome, honestly. It wouldn't be the first time the Joker gets brought back to life.
    Jerome is marked down for 2 more episodes, but has confirmed in interviews he really *is* dead, and he is *not* the Joker. He was never slotted as a series regular (like Theo, who has 22 episodes this season, vs Jerome at 5) and was instead slotted as a recurring character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Gotta admit I don't go into threads of shows that I have not yet seen. Not sure what you were expecting.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to think something was going on behind the scenes with the actor. Cameron Monaghan was perfect for the role, he was just killing it so far clearly the rising star of season 2. Then to just cut all of that short for what may or may not be a story line that works, but will almost certainly not be a good as Monaghan himself was doing.
    He's got a good thing going with Shameless already

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The Joker being a virus/disease of some kind isn't a new concept. Heck, in the most recent Arkham Knight game a lot of it revolves around people who got Joker's blood and are turning into him.

- - - Updated - - -

24-hours may have been the standard when nobody had DVR, but it's common practice to wait at least a week these days since people can watch shows at their leisure.
    Like I said before I like the concept of it, if Gotham were it's own original story without the Batman comic basis, I would love it. But we are talking about the JOKER. Arguably the best comic villain ever, and you want to make him a copycat? Setting up for failure right there.

And on the SPOILER subject, yes we all have DVR/Streaming to watch when we watch but if you come into a thread after a new episode you have not seen has aired...you can't complain. Hence why I am staying out of the Flash thread until after work.

10+ Year Old Account

Mosty of storys are of the worker in plant falling into chemicals that created joker.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    As a Harley Quinn fan I would be extremely upset if they make Barbara Harley Quinn
    I don't think she'll go 100% Harley, they're just taking something along those lines, hence her being Harley Kean, not Harley Quinn

Jerome is marked down for 2 more episodes, but has confirmed in interviews he really *is* dead, and he is *not* the Joker. He was never slotted as a series regular (like Theo, who has 22 episodes this season, vs Jerome at 5) and was instead slotted as a recurring character.
    It's funny you should bring that up, about him not being a series regular... Because at the start of this VERY episode, I was reading the credity and thought to myself "Hmm... I wonder why James Frain is in the regular credits, while Monaghan is only listed as a guest star?'

Then of course the ending happened and suddenly it all made sense...

What the... he can't be dead come on, it was just a blood bag and a pill-induced coma.. right? right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I don't think she'll go 100% Harley, they're just taking something along those lines, hence her being Harley Kean, not Harley Quinn
    I believe she's going to be her own character. So far she doesn't resemble almost any characteristic of Harley Quinn (from age, temperament, intelligence, affections, actions, etc.) and the showrunners have stated that she isn't currently an existing villain (unlike Theo/his Sister, etc.). I can appreciate the actress as "batshit lady #1", but not as Harley anything - unless she gives birth to Quinn within the year, which is possible and *mostly* works the timeline.

We should expect the Joker to be someone who is currently alive and roughly the same age as Bruce (possibly a year older). Harley was ~6-8 years younger than the Joker in the comics (as a fresh psych intern after 10 years in school), so she *should* already be born, but a little more of an age gap would still be credible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just caught up to last weeks episode and I was a bit disappointed. Killing off Jerome really blew it for me, it was too soon. His laugh sold me, he was nearly perfect for being The Joker. I honestly don't think they'll be able to give us another actor that can send chills right through me the way Jerome did. I enjoyed the episode but that's the only thing that really irked me. Really hoping it's not the end of him, could still be alive, right? RIGHT!?

If they give us another actor to portray The Joker, I hope he'll be even better than Jerome. Only time will tell...

The new captain kicks ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    gcpd just turned into the shield spinoff, i like it ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Mosty of storys are of the worker in plant falling into chemicals that created joker.
    That idea is originally from a very famous comic called The Killing Joke. The Killing Joke is awesome, but the narrative is dubious at best because it's narrated by the Joker, who is literally telling his own origin story, and, depending on your interpretation of the ending, his victory over Batman.

Decades later in the New 52, DC revealed Joker's true origins. He's an immortal ancient human like Vandal Savage. He's existed throughout history as a sort of primordial terror of the human race, but he only got famous through his conflict with Batman.

Anywho, seems like DC has been playing around with new origins for the Joker over the last few years, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm willing to give it a chance, though Jerome was a great character.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Decades later in the New 52, DC revealed Joker's true origins. He's an immortal ancient human like Vandal Savage. He's existed throughout history as a sort of primordial terror of the human race, but he only got famous through his conflict with Batman.
    Is that the origin they are going with? I was under the impression it was all just a trick and he had recently found a Lazarus pit. Plus in the end he was scrambling to get back to the pit so he wouldn't die. I didn't read all of the comic though so I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Is that the origin they are going with? I was under the impression it was all just a trick and he had recently found a Lazarus pit. Plus in the end he was scrambling to get back to the pit so he wouldn't die. I didn't read all of the comic though so I could be wrong.
    I'm not sure. It's been awhile since I looked into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Season Finale level, honestly. What an episode. Probably of my top 3.

They have set of some serious story arks. We have Bruces new ark, penguin and his mischief, the ODD love story of Nygma and Kringle and of course the Gothams new Super Captain and the task force.

SH*T IS GOING DOWN!
    -K

I was hoping Bruce wanted to talk to Theo about overhearing his talk with Jerome as he killed him. Still possible I suppose, he just got distracted by boobs.