Thread: [TV] Gotham

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Supergrouth and insanity from ivy.
    She was always insane, so that didn't happen now. The growing older though, obviously.

Fish was dead until Strange intervened, and growing is not an effect of the pit. So, I still don't buy it.

Marv's power is aging his victims and he grabbed her for a second or two, that's how she aged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Boobs > child actors, I guess.
    The older Ivy is smokin!

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm diggin the older Ivy. More screentime is definitely needed!
    Also, Valerie is decent but it sucks that Leslie is back already.

Obviously the older Ivy is better eye candy, but I'm not sure I like it from a storytelling perspective. Since this is basically a whole backstory show, it is interesting seeing the children work towards who they will become as adults. I think they took a little bit away from that potential with Ivy. I wonder if this decision was made due to unforeseen casting changes.

Deleted
    I guess since nobody else is spoiler-tagging this discussion about Ivy, I won't either. Here's what I found about it:

http://www.ibtimes.com/gotham-season...ls-big-2399065
    Executive producers Ken Woodruff and John Stephens also explained to TV Guide that it was essential for them to transform Ivy from a young girl into a sexy and manipulative woman.

"Canonically, Ivy is a character who makes use of her seductive powers to get what she wants in the world," Stephens said. "Transforming Ivy early in the season allowed us to play to a lot of those abilities that Ivy has, while playing the fun of someone trapped in a body that isn't theirs."

Woodruff added that Ivy’s transformation is not just physical. "There is a deeper, more emotional character side of [the transformation]. We took Ivy from the 15 year old socially odd girl, to someone who is a little bit darker, who is maybe willing to do things and harm people," he said.
    So at least according to the executive producers, this was a deliberate move, and they basically shitcanned the young girl who played Ivy before, instead of some contract negotiation problems or other stuff having to do with the actor herself.

Bull. They just wanted sex appeal for ratings.

Their argument is terrible. And Bruce Wayne is supposed to beat the crap out of criminals in the night. But he's just a frail wimp in physical combat at this point. Should they give him magical growth formula too, so he fits what he's "supposed to be"? No. That would be dumb.

The whole POINT of this show is to see them before they became who they would be in Batman, and to watch their development. Skipping the development undermines the entire concept. Of course she's not going to be some sexy manipulator. She's not supposed to be yet! If I wanted to see all of the characters in their final development, I wouldn't be watching a show about backstory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Bull. They just wanted sex appeal for ratings.

Their argument is terrible. And Bruce Wayne is supposed to beat the crap out of criminals in the night. But he's just a frail wimp in physical combat at this point. Should they give him magical growth formula too, so he fits what he's "supposed to be"? No. That would be dumb.

The whole POINT of this show is to see them before they became who they would be in Batman, and to watch their development. Skipping the development undermines the entire concept. Of course she's not going to be some sexy manipulator. She's not supposed to be yet! If I wanted to see all of the characters in their final development, I wouldn't be watching a show about backstory.
    Its posible he will leave his clone in a place and go training.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its posible he will leave his clone in a place and go training.
    I look forward to seeing him learn how to fight, but it doesn't need to be sped up. I'd rather see progression rather than BOOM insta-badass.

"MY FIANCE"

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Great episode. But i kinda fixed the character:
    http://shrani.si/f/1V/nQ/4nX7fGWQ/23224454545.jpg

Wouldn't it be funny if clone Bruce turned out to be the real Bruce.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if clone Bruce turned out to be the real Bruce.
    FUUUUU for making me think that.

Really enjoyed the episode though. Wolf dude from Walking Dead did an amazing job as The Mad Hatter. Show is doing really well so far for the third season, hope they keep this up.

Deleted
    Can't remember if it was the latest episode or the one before that, but I had to check Camren Bicondova's (Selina) age in IMDb after they had a close up of her ass in tights, twice, as she was climbing the ladder, and it got me thinking, since she's only 17 now (may have been 16 during filming, I'm not sure), that it seems like they're really going to push her character's sexuality when she turns 18. Either way, the camera angle felt a bit gratuitous and wrong to me considering her age.

Goes hand in hand with the decision to ditch the young girl playing Ivy and replace her with an adult one and immediately throw her boobs on the screen.

Not sure what to think about all of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    FUUUUU for making me think that.

Really enjoyed the episode though. Wolf dude from Walking Dead did an amazing job as The Mad Hatter. Show is doing really well so far for the third season, hope they keep this up.
    Its not due to what Selena says to him.

Is it me or are Penguin and Riddler gonna get it on? They seem to have some kind of weird ass bromance going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Is it me or are Penguin and Riddler gonna get it on? They seem to have some kind of weird ass bromance going on.
    Bromance for sure, and was it me or was penguin really tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Bromance for sure, and was it me or was penguin really tan.
    I'd almost call it orange. His teeth didn't look like shit for once too.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I'd almost call it orange. His teeth didn't look like shit for once too.
    It's probably tan in a bottle lol