Poll: What do you think of this law?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I must know what these mean.
    Second paragraph of the article. The whole thing goes down rather smoothly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Second paragraph of the article. The whole thing goes down rather smoothly as well.
    Aww, just the usual ones. Was hoping Russian would be more colourful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Makes for a convenient source of toilet paper when you don't know how to use the sea shells.
    What type of person doesn't know how to use the three sea shells? AHAHAHHAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    The real question is how they will force this law on people. Those in tundra for example.
    Putin is (meant to be ex-)KGB. They had all sorts of ways of finding out what people were talking about back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else have a sneaky suspicion that this thread was just made so people could A. Learn Russian swear words, and B. Use them?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have the same dumb shit here:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/public-swe...206-324hs.html

But thankfully, people like me who swear in every other sentence still get away with it because even the police and the courts are aware that Australians swear as much as they breath...

Police Association of NSW president Scott Webber says police welcome the higher fines, but acknowledges the interpretation of offensive language is subjective and a ''nightmare'' to patrol.

While there is no official ''swear list'', he says fines are usually issued when the F and C words are used aggressively, and in a public space such as near a school, a main street or in a park.
    NSW courts have been reluctant to issue convictions over swearing. In 2010, magistrate Pat O'Shane memorably ruled that calling police officers ''f---ing pigs'' was not offensive.
    Basically, unless I am being a public nuisance through aggressive swearing, I can say whatever the hell I want.
    Last edited by Radio; 2014-05-07 at 02:24 AM.

Surprised we haven't had the local Russian Goon Squad defend all mighty Putin and his bastion of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    This marx a new low point. He's really lenin over the edge.

On the more serious side, I don't see how they could ever enforce such a law or if the police in Russia would ever care to try. I sincerely doubt it.
    Then again, this might be an attempt to cover up the massive loses that the sanctions are causing them.
    Yea, this law will be stalin the development of russian democracy for years.
    Last edited by Mithfin; 2014-05-07 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Does anyone else have a sneaky suspicion that this thread was just made so people could A. Learn Russian swear words, and B. Use them?
    2 of those words sound the same in my langage. Its not just russans.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Makes for a convenient source of toilet paper when you don't know how to use the sea shells.
    Tks that was a nice way to start my day.
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    Putin obviously watched that one futureistic movie with....what's the actor's name.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So you guys thinks it's ok to swear on TV/Music/Shows? Oh who am I asking, people enjoying South park, Family Guy, DMX, 50Cent etc.
    Low quality toilet humor.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-05-07 at 07:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really LOL at these laws. Don't they have like some REAL laws to make?

15+ Year Old Account
    Heh, I was so tired yesterday that I read the title as Vladimir Putin will pay you to wear a sword. Now I having read it properly I still find it amusing. They will find and use different words then.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck that shit.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Fuck that shit.
    Pay 80 bucks now!
    Don't sweat the details!!!

These laws are fucking stupid

Sure, you can be heavily discriminated against and beaten to death for being gay and thats totally fine, but swear? We don't do that kinda stuff around here buddy.

So fucking weird that the same country that makes being gay 'illegal' also makes it illegal to swear. You think if they'd be that carebear to not allow you to swear, they'd also be pissed at any discrimination against sexuality / race / religion

Its like those old stereotypical racist women living in the southern states in America. Its okay to kill gays, blacks, but its not okay to swear or some shit.

Christ on a bike, people are fucking stupid.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2014-05-07 at 07:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Fuck that shit.
    Reported to comrade Vladimir. Now give him back his pen!
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, if people would bother to do a little independent research, they might not have such knee-jerk reactions to things.

If you do a Google search for this incident, you'll find, amongst other things, that Putin outlawed holocaust denial (or any sort of denial about Nazi atrocities) as well on Monday. Funny how that sort of thing doesn't show up.

But furthermore, if you read about this; it is only in regards to "arts, cultural and entertainment events in Russia" - which, although it seems a little far from what we'd accept here in the West, is certainly not a Demolition Man-esque "swear fine" for everybody. Furthermore, any copies of books, CDs or films containing swearing can only be distributed in a sealed package labeled "Contains obscene language" -- much like we do here. Doesn't seem so extreme anymore, does it?

This thread demonstrates the average person's ignorance in that, without independently checking facts on their own, they will believe whatever is presented to them as long as it jives well with their preconceived notions.

You all make me sick.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess that if someone curse on a blog they can shut it down.
    Must hunt all who does not fall in line!