Poll: What do you think of this law?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    It IS Russia after all... while I find this very funny, I do feel bad for the people will
    that form of Tourette's that causes swearing...
    you shouldn't... in russia they are all killed at birth anyways

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    You know, if people would bother to do a little independent research, they might not have such knee-jerk reactions to things.

If you do a Google search for this incident, you'll find, amongst other things, that Putin outlawed holocaust denial (or any sort of denial about Nazi atrocities) as well on Monday. Funny how that sort of thing doesn't show up.

But furthermore, if you read about this; it is only in regards to "arts, cultural and entertainment events in Russia" - which, although it seems a little far from what we'd accept here in the West, is certainly not a Demolition Man-esque "swear fine" for everybody. Furthermore, any copies of books, CDs or films containing swearing can only be distributed in a sealed package labeled "Contains obscene language" -- much like we do here. Doesn't seem so extreme anymore, does it?

This thread demonstrates the average person's ignorance in that, without independently checking facts on their own, they will believe whatever is presented to them as long as it jives well with their preconceived notions.

You all make me sick.
    These news are from yday and I read the points you list as well, cant help but to wonder given Russias love for arbitrary laws such as gay propaganda if this will inpeed on social medias as well.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2014-05-07 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I guess that if someone curse on a blog they can shut it down.
    Must hunt all who does not fall in line!
    They already announced the development of automatic government search engine for permanent monitoring of the russian part of Internet in search of swear words and "extremist materials" . They, like, really thought that through. Even price tag on the system doesn't look outlandish, which indicates they want that system, and are not doing the usual stunt of: "announce some stupid shit for shitloads of money -> steal the money -> do nothing -> sweep the absence of results under the rug, hoping no one sane would ask something like: "HEY, YOU PROMISED US A CENSORING SYSTEM A YEAR AGO! THERE IS IT?!"
    Last edited by Mithfin; 2014-05-07 at 08:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    You know, if people would bother to do a little independent research, they might not have such knee-jerk reactions to things.

If you do a Google search for this incident, you'll find, amongst other things, that Putin outlawed holocaust denial (or any sort of denial about Nazi atrocities) as well on Monday. Funny how that sort of thing doesn't show up.

But furthermore, if you read about this; it is only in regards to "arts, cultural and entertainment events in Russia" - which, although it seems a little far from what we'd accept here in the West, is certainly not a Demolition Man-esque "swear fine" for everybody. Furthermore, any copies of books, CDs or films containing swearing can only be distributed in a sealed package labeled "Contains obscene language" -- much like we do here. Doesn't seem so extreme anymore, does it?

This thread demonstrates the average person's ignorance in that, without independently checking facts on their own, they will believe whatever is presented to them as long as it jives well with their preconceived notions.

You all make me sick.
    I think a lot of us are aware that it is not unusual to enforce a certain etiquette on public events or broadcast. But I know it's going to be circumvented by fracking creativity.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account

Skip to 4.05

Much better source.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Misleading OP is misleading. Such wow. On the topic: for some reason so many people nowadays seem to think that's it's impossible to express themselves without sweraring, though i tend to believe that only thing you really can't express without swearing is a catastrophic lack of intelligence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be a very poor man if this were to happen where I live.