Blizz Support - iOS Mobile Authenticator Update

Hi all,

We're planning on pushing an update to the Mobile Authenticator App tomorrow (for iOS devices - no info yet about Android/Windows), which will basically make it compatible across more regions. Please be aware that whenever you update the mobile App, there is a chance that it can get desynchronized from the account.

We recommend having SMS Protect enabled, so that you can use a txt code to push the Authenticator off in case there are any issues.

If you're unable to set that up, you can also activate the App > navigate to Menu > Setup > Continue

There you'll find the serial number, and restore code. In the event that you have issues getting back into the account after the update - you can activate the App, go to Menu > Restore > and then enter those two codes in.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions about that!

Araxom
    Blizz Support

Alright, Thank you for the update Araxom. I will keep an eye out !!

o7
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

That is good to know.
    Any plans for Hearthstone on the Android?
    PM me for my Friend Code, Battletag, ETC...

Will you also be updating the Android version?

P.S. Update the WoW Remote Armoury app to add battlenet chat plix!

Hi Treelife! Although there is no news about an Android update *yet*, I'll be sure to spread the word when/if that info becomes available!

@Klaxxar, here's a recent interview with the Hearthstone Devs about that. Not much other info to share just yet.
    Last edited by Araxom; 2014-05-07 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hi all,

We're planning on pushing an update to the Mobile Authenticator App tomorrow (for iOS devices - no info yet about Android/Windows), which will basically make it compatible across more regions. Please be aware that whenever you update the mobile App, there is a chance that it can get desynchronized from the account.

We recommend having SMS Protect enabled, so that you can use a txt code to push the Authenticator off in case there are any issues.

If you're unable to set that up, you can also activate the App > navigate to Menu > Setup > Continue

There you'll find the serial number, and restore code. In the event that you have issues getting back into the account after the update - you can activate the App, go to Menu > Restore > and then enter those two codes in.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions about that!

Araxom
    Blizz Support
    Thanks for the info...Now I frequent MMO-Champ very often and this is the FIRST time I have seen a Blizzard post. Nice stuff

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't...

The Lightbringer Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    Thank you very much for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by itzferal View Post
    Thanks for the info...Now I frequent MMO-Champ very often and this is the FIRST time I have seen a Blizzard post. Nice stuff
    I just thought the EXACT same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I just thought the EXACT same thing
    Glad you approve!

Quote Originally Posted by itzferal View Post
    Araxom's their social media guy.

So he posts on wowhead , reddit and mmo champs last time I checked.